How to Improve the Gunplay in CP2077

+
One thing a lot of people have felt walking away from the CP2077 gameplay demo was that the gunplay didn't feel as good as it could have. One thing I felt that they could have improved upon was in the weapons' sound design. The guns in the Gameplay presentation sounded weak overall and I think they can be improved. I think two great examples the Devs can look at are the Weapon sounds in COD: MW and Insurgcey sandstorm.

Shotgun: CP2077, Cod: MW, Insurgency

SMG: CP2077, Cod: MW, Insurgency

LMG: CP2077, Cod: MW, Insurgency

You can see just from these examples just how weak the guns sound in CP 2077 and I hope the Devs will have changed them by the time of release.

If you need more proof that Weapon sound can change the entire feeling of a gunfight, I have put together a comparison between a modded and Vanilla version of a gunfight in GTAV where I changed how the guns sound.

I really hope the Devs improve the weapons sound effects as I feel like it will be one of the most important factors when it comes to how good Gunplay feels.

One thing is Gunplay isnt really the main focus of the game its a big part but not the main one
Agree here. Besides, everyone should really stop fixing the game before it is out. It's been said so many times that everything we see is subject to change, it just makes me wonder why do people do that before the game is out.

Not gonna lie, though, that's not a bad job here! Hope to see something like that in the final release. Still, even if things stayed the way they are right now (or were at the moment of the gameplay videos), that wouldn't be enough to affect the appeal in any way.

I didn't notice anything particularly bad about the sounds. Maybe they were a bit thin, but that's all. I've heard worse.

That's because my attention completely captured how much like a lazy shooter (and a SHOOTER in the first place) it looked like.

If something should be improved, it'd be making it less like a shooter. Innovate, get creative. It's too late now, of course, unless something's been done since 2018 and since Deep Dive, but nonetheless.

I didn't notice anything particularly bad about the sounds. Maybe they were a bit thin, but that's all. I've heard worse.

That's because my attention completely captured how much like a lazy shooter (and a SHOOTER in the first place) it looked like.

If something should be improved, it'd be making it less like a shooter. Innovate, get creative. It's too late now, of course, unless something's been done since 2018 and since Deep Dive, but nonetheless.
given that there is confirmed no-kill options for completing the game there is a bit less shooting focus to the game than the gameplay released so far has implied. not that just shooting everything that moves isnt an option in ways to clear missions its just not your only choice

given that there is confirmed no-kill options for completing the game there is a bit less shooting focus to the game than the gameplay released so far has implied. not that just shooting everything that moves isnt an option in ways to clear missions its just not your only choice
Man I wish there is a statistics screen after beating the game. POSTAL 2 had all those different ranks depending on your performance - you'd get "Thank you for playing, JESUS." for a complete no-kill run.

given that there is confirmed no-kill options for completing the game there is a bit less shooting focus to the game than the gameplay released so far has implied.

Yes, but the realization of an apparently late added (to my recollection that was decided on quite late in developement due to feedback) "you can play without killing anyone" does not make the combat gameplay any better.

Answers comes the 25, it's probably too late to fix anything now...

We'll see what we'll get *shrugs*

The gun you use is essentially your character in an FPS. It's what the player is subconsciously looking at the whole time. It has to look, sound and react in a visceral and impactful way or the combat will seem stale. CDPR has to get this right imo, especially these days when most gamers have played both FPS and RPGs and are well aware of the nuances. Plus, they usually get criticized for their poor combat. It can't be as generic and flat sounding as the combat we've seen so far.

Last edited:
Kinda early topic. From 2018 gameplay and deep dive 2019 video we can see that game is changed a lot from 2018 to 2019. So i think that we can't treat gunplay what we saw in 2018 as final state of gunplay.

I'm not big on gunplay, but having fun combat is important. I can say that sound is important and because we are in a FPP the sound being more uh, I guess you can say, loud and crisp, would make the most sense? I'm excited to see what combat looks like now compared to before. It actually be pretty cool to see maybe a side by side.

Top Bottom