How to 'Keep' Bikes you steal in game

+
Not sure this is unique or just ordinary but I have found that when I 'borrow' bikes, usually found on missions or at Assault in Progress locations, and ride around on them to learn how to do it accurately at speed, I can leave them at various spots before logging off and they will still be there the next day when I log on; thus allowing me to use them every day.. ( I am in early game after The Pickup, before The Heist)

Given the location of V's apartment the best parking spot I have found is right opposite the main entrance to / from Megabuilding HD, to the right, on the flat surface underneath the closed shutter doors to the NCPD building. There is a flat concrete area with raised steel protectors. I have been leaving bikes there daily and they persist when I log off and on again, so can literally just exit the building and hop on them and bring back later. This is better than hunting around for spare bikes all day until I get past the stage where I can buy them or get given one. The bright colour special edition bike pictured I got from outside the location of the Heisenberg Principle side job (there are 4 bikes here you can take) I've not tried it with a car yet, as I've not seen a car I like enough to want to drive

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-13 00-41-37 EDIT.png
    Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-13 00-41-37 EDIT.png
    587.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-13 03-37-25 edit.png
    Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-13 03-37-25 edit.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 140
some cars stay where you left them... even center of the street...

dunno how cyberpunk saves some of those and dosnt others

Somehow i have a Tiger Claw's bike keeped in game, whatewer, where i parked it. Its waits me on Afterlife parking even after V's death in prologue. But when i found black Kusanagi - its disapears right after i do NCPD activity. Just parked it at container and after 5min dont find it on a place =-=.

Yes I found a cool red van today and took it, drove it to that parking space, left it and came back later (no log off) after missions and it was gone... but my bikes still persist.. I found several vehicles tonight near a mission venue and going to see if they are still there tomorrow. I did another car test tonight so will see tomorrow if that is there beside the bikes. You may be right that some models simply persist and others do not.

My favourite is pink bike @ boss spot under port " hasley and mlk " Its constant respawn there. Well those mobi is spawn in same spot.

You can park it on the road. lets those angry car anchor it for you :0

cheer

I mean, I guess you can try to do it that way to a point...there is the problem that a lot of times after you complete a quest or a a cutscene your vehicle will not be where you last left it so if you left a car you didn't properly own there it would just be gone. But there are so many amazing free cars you can own properly and call to your location at any time that there's no point bothering with vehicles you don't own. Not to mention that you are essentially forced to buy all the vehicles in the game anyway because you can't have the platinum trophy if you don't and that gives you a lot more awesome cars to drive.

I also found that if you save the game for the night while on/in a vechial, it will save over. I know this is different, but still good to know.

I don't think we can reliably 'save' vehicles we steal.

It's a missed opportunity on CDPR's part, I think. There are quite a few slick vehicles I see on the streets that I'd like to keep, but sadly none of them ever show up in the menu to be called when I want them again.

Perhaps something they can add to a future DLC?

The roads in Japan Town, Westbrook, in the smart city shopping areas are much wider and longer, straighter than the twisty narrow ones in Little China and Watson and there is much more traffic and a lot better cars, less dirty trucks and wrecks. If you want to see a constant stream of quality car traffic, go there ( Fast Travel to 'Luxury Apartments', a good spot) and just wait for a car you like and jack it... then drive around to all the areas from there, save your game in the car and you can keep it as long as you like; or otherwise just jack another.

We should be able to sell cars we buy or steal. I've noticed some cars are completely unlocked, you can walk right up to them and have the "get in" option. While other cars have the "Break in" option. We should be able to break into a car then sell it to a fixer or add it to our list of vehicles.
Perhaps driving a stolen vehicle draws the attention of the NCPD?

Please please tell me I get to keep this one: Nvm. It appears in my list of vehicles when I want to call one to my location. Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

photomode_17012021_103850.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom