How to Know Which Kegs to Buy?

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hi guys, I think I need some advice from you.
I played Gwent when it was on beta several years ago and played it for a month or so then. Then I made a break and came back to it when it became available on Android. So I started playing again on March this year. I have bought some kegs for gathered ore, but basically I was playing with slightly upgraded Starting Decks. I play Gwent in my pastime so it is on average 1-2 games per day. I play about 50 games a month. I tried 5 factions (all without Syndicate) and I enjoy playing them all apart from Monsters (I played a dozen or so games with this fraction but I simply don't like them - not the mechanics and cards but the faction itself). About Syndicate - firstly, I don't have enough cards to try it out, and secondly, people write it's more complex faction. But anyway, I think it might be fun to play it due to the different mechanics and I would like it.
During the last 3 months I have played mostly to test different factions and make quests to earn ore/RP's. Now I am level 59 and once I will complete level 60 I would like to get the kegs to build 5 good decks for 5 factions (all but Monsters), or more decks if I am lucky. I am rank 14 now, but I am not playing for the ranking. Last season I started at rank 16 and made it to 12, winning about 50% of games, but often I played only to complete the quests and not to win (what is funny I managed to win some of those sill games too).

What I would like to ask you is to help me which kegs I should buy. My resources, after exchanging RP's most effectively to ore, are:
- 22 basic kegs (waiting to be opened)
- 17k ore
- 25k scraps
After all, I would like not to spend all the scraps but keep 10k scraps just in case.

I have the following amount of cards:
Monsters: 49/150
Nilfgaard: 56/150
Northern Realms: 63/148
Scoia'tael: 67/148
Skellige: 67/150
Syndicate: 18/186
Neutral: 33/266

Crimson curse: 43 (33 unique, 4 gold)
Novigrad: 8 (7 unique, 2 gold)
Iron Judgement: 42 (30 unique, 3 gold)
Merchants of Ofir: 28 (19 unique, 3 gold)
Master Mirror: 0

Vey simple - spend all your ore on Master Mirror Kegs. Then you can spend part of your scrap on crafting remaining MM cards.

Of the new cards, SK, NR and NG are damn good, in general better than old cards. ST is pretty bad now, SY, if you didnt play before, probably dont need to play now unless you like swarm decks.
And MO, you say you dont like the faction but i encourage you to try it, the new Wild Hunt+weather is basically a new type (to be accurate, its a comeback, since it already existed in betas), different from the other MO archetypes.

I recently reached Prestige lvl 1 and opened some kegs I'd been saving. I have about ~110 cards in each faction, except 45 in SY and 103 Neutral. I'm rank 10 and I've seen my best success with homebrewed OH MO and NG Double Ball (both devotion and non-devotion variety) decks. Generally I'm very versatile with my factions so definitely not tied to any one.

As I earn more ore is there an expansion's kegs I should prioritize? I try to take notes on cards I feel would be good deck improvements and tally which expansion's cards I need the most. Unsurprisingly Base Set is far ahead of any other expansion since it has the most cards. But I've seen a fair number of Reddit threads that discourage buying base set kegs since you can get those from the reward book.

How have other people expanded their collections?

I've got full collection of cards by buying only expansions kegs.

I've started from the 1st expansion, finished it*, move to 2nd expansion, finished it, move to 3rd... and so on.

Every expansion has some useful cards and going by that way I did not miss any.

*) Finishing expansion = I was buying kegs to have all commons and rares - also to I tried to get all/majority of epics and then I crafted the missing cards (mostly legendary ones only).

Top Bottom