How to Know Which Kegs to Buy?

+
Good day everyone! I'm a fairly new player trying to build my NG deck for the current Meta. Beyond crafting cards from scraps, Kegs seem to be a useful means of collecting some much needed cards. The issue I'm having is, I can't seem to figure out which Kegs I should be buying to have a chance at getting a desired card. There appear to be many expansions. Is there a simple way of looking up which cards could be potentially contained within each set of Kegs?

Any insight would be genuinly appreciated. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, thank you!

Yes, in the deckbuilder you have an option to sort the cards according to the expansion (I think it is the lowest filter on the right).
Post automatically merged:

If by meta you mean the poison package, then I would advise the latest expansion Merchants of Ofir and craft the bronzes.
Crimson Curse has a few gold cards that you may find in most decks. The base set has a lot of good cards in general.
For assimilate, Iron Judgement (which also holds the defender) and the base set are probably the best.
In any case, if you wanna go NG, don't buy the Novigrad kegs, which only contain syndicate cards and the 5x3 double factions with NG, MO, NR, SK and SC.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to respond with such useful information :)

The deck I was planning on copying was a mid range enslave I found here:

It’s the first deck under NG. I have been sauced and tossed by a poison deck before and remember thinking it seemed OP.

Thanks for taking the time to respond with such useful information :)

The deck I was planning on copying was a mid range enslave I found here:

It’s the first deck under NG. I have been sauced and tossed by a poison deck before and remember thinking it seemed OP.

Better than using Google to find and copy decks, why not play the game, look at the cards, use the deck builder and try to innovate.

Part of the problem.

rrc

Forum veteran
@jaynetrain88 If you like NG and their playstyle and want to main NG, then I would recommend buying NG faction kegs. The advantage of faction kegs is that, they will contain NG cards only and *is not limited to base set cards*. What I mean is, you have the chance to get NG cards from all expansions. IMO, this is the best way to first get solid foundation on a particular faction.

Better than using Google to find and copy decks, why not play the game, look at the cards, use the deck builder and try to innovate.

Part of the problem.
Except that one can easily missspend resources that way and is locked into a terrible deck.
innovating does not work if you are new and do not spend a large sum into the game right away.

My suggestion is to buy expansion kegs (except Novigrad, given that that faction is currently very underpowered and that expansion is kind of unnecessary for every other faction (apart from one legendary one can craft)).
In the beginning you should buy faction specific kegs for the faction you want to initially focus on, given that you will not have the resources to build top end decks for more than 1 faction.

If you want to start with Nilfgaard buy Nilfgaard faction kegs.

Hello Great and powerful gwenters! I also am a new player and am currently building and Insectoid deck. I sorted cards by expansions in deck builder and saw two monster cards in the iron judgement kegs I am looking to include. My question is in order to obtain these cards do i have to purchase Iron judgement kegs exclusively to receive these monster cards or is it possible to receive them through purchasing monster kegs? Any knowledge would be appreciated! They are gold level cards. Thank You in advance!

My question is in order to obtain these cards do i have to purchase Iron judgement kegs exclusively to receive these monster cards or is it possible to receive them through purchasing monster kegs?

Monster kegs should contain all cards from the faction (except those from Thronebreaker).

Monster kegs should contain all cards from the faction (except those from Thronebreaker).

I appreciate the help! As I'm sure you're a seasoned player do you have any recommendations on which to buy? I am trying to get Cave Troll and Yghern. Thank you again!

I'm sorry I meant which keg type monster or iron judgement would you recommend for best chance to acquire them.
I think it doesn't really matter which one but they are both legendary cards so getting both of them won't be that easy with bad luck you could open 1000 kegs and don't get them.

If you want exactly those 2 cards crafting them is your best option.

I'm sorry I meant which keg type monster or iron judgement would you recommend for best chance to acquire them.
If you want to focus on MO at first I suggest you take the faction kegs.
As mentioned above both are legendaries, so trying to get exactly these legendaries from the kegs is unlikely.
You will likely get most/a lot of other legendaries, so if you want to focus on MO at first it is advisable to have those be MO cards.
Beyond that the crafting system is generous enough that you can just craft them for 800 scraps.
Just open MO kegs, mill the spare cards (milling all spare cards in 1 click will be back with the next update) and use the gathered Scraps (and Scraps from the reward tree) to craft whatever you fell you still lack.
Your picks are advisable picks for the beginning, given that Yghern+Ozzrel is a staple for MO decks.

If you want to focus on MO at first I suggest you take the faction kegs.
As mentioned above both are legendaries, so trying to get exactly these legendaries from the kegs is unlikely.
You will likely get most/a lot of other legendaries, so if you want to focus on MO at first it is advisable to have those be MO cards.
Beyond that the crafting system is generous enough that you can just craft them for 800 scraps.
Just open MO kegs, mill the spare cards (milling all spare cards in 1 click will be back with the next update) and use the gathered Scraps (and Scraps from the reward tree) to craft whatever you fell you still lack.
Your picks are advisable picks for the beginning, given that Yghern+Ozzrel is a staple for MO decks.
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I started playing 2 days ago and I was looking everywhere where to mill ALL SPARES. Thx so much for this info.

rrc

Forum veteran
No. Base kegs will only have cards from base set. In the Deck Builder you can see different card sets. Based on the keg type it will have cards from that set. If you will want expansion cards, you will have to wait and get the kegs for the same price and open them.

Just keep resources back (e.g. I have been saving 20k ore for this expansion) and blow it all on the expansion kegs.
The expansion kegs are also 100 ore (unless they suddenly break that rule from every single previous expansion) and only involve new cards, so there is no reason to buy base set kegs for expansions.

Hi guys, I think I need some advice from you.
I played Gwent when it was on beta several years ago and played it for a month or so then. Then I made a break and came back to it when it became available on Android. So I started playing again on March this year. I have bought some kegs for gathered ore, but basically I was playing with slightly upgraded Starting Decks. I play Gwent in my pastime so it is on average 1-2 games per day. I play about 50 games a month. I tried 5 factions (all without Syndicate) and I enjoy playing them all apart from Monsters (I played a dozen or so games with this fraction but I simply don't like them - not the mechanics and cards but the faction itself). About Syndicate - firstly, I don't have enough cards to try it out, and secondly, people write it's more complex faction. But anyway, I think it might be fun to play it due to the different mechanics and I would like it.
During the last 3 months I have played mostly to test different factions and make quests to earn ore/RP's. Now I am level 59 and once I will complete level 60 I would like to get the kegs to build 5 good decks for 5 factions (all but Monsters), or more decks if I am lucky. I am rank 14 now, but I am not playing for the ranking. Last season I started at rank 16 and made it to 12, winning about 50% of games, but often I played only to complete the quests and not to win (what is funny I managed to win some of those sill games too).

What I would like to ask you is to help me which kegs I should buy. My resources, after exchanging RP's most effectively to ore, are:
- 22 basic kegs (waiting to be opened)
- 17k ore
- 25k scraps
After all, I would like not to spend all the scraps but keep 10k scraps just in case.

I have the following amount of cards:
Monsters: 49/150
Nilfgaard: 56/150
Northern Realms: 63/148
Scoia'tael: 67/148
Skellige: 67/150
Syndicate: 18/186
Neutral: 33/266

Crimson curse: 43 (33 unique, 4 gold)
Novigrad: 8 (7 unique, 2 gold)
Iron Judgement: 42 (30 unique, 3 gold)
Merchants of Ofir: 28 (19 unique, 3 gold)
Master Mirror: 0

Top Bottom