How to make big worlds?

+
How to make big worlds?

I have started on making my own mod and I want to make it in a valley with mountains in the sides which will have roads on them but I find it incredibly hard and slow to raise a mountain in REDkit, any tips for making big worlds?
the world I aim to make is a town in a valley with paths in the lower parts of the mountains, kind of like Lykaon but without the lake and the town will be higher up.

Last edited:
Lol, I always saw it as a lake.
The thing that bothers me is that its very hard to make big landscapes in the REDkit without sacrificing details.

Only if you want "Skyrim-sized" worlds. Of course you need to be creative in how you achieve a big and detailed world without horrible fps, but it's manageable. You just need to try out what works best. :)

I think I'll finish my world as it is right now and then start the bigger one later, I don't think I have the experience for such a big project, Yet!

This is probably a good idea. I also built a smaller world before I started Lykaon. You also make a lot of mistakes in the beginning and it is good if none of those mistakes are in your final mod level. The "Old Lykaon" level I give away for free is this "test level" I started with and it has around the same framerate as Lykaon, altough it is much smaller and there is less detail since I was not as experienced as I am now.

Top Bottom