How to make Gwent the best card game ever!

+

What is the best Gwent?

• Witcher Gwint

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Closed Beta Gwent

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Pre-Midwinter-Open-Beta Gwent

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Post-Midwinter-Open-Beta Gwent

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Homecoming

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Open beta Gwent + Some changes like suggested in this thread

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
Does anyone really think this is the final version? They've already made huge changes since Homecoming launch like reworking mulligans and giving leaders provisions.

I've seen about 4 versions of Gwent with completely different cards and mechanics. No way this is the last.

EDIT: I mean, they just reworked NG too. Now they just need to do that with all the factions except do it better. That will probably be the final version.

Last edited:
There is not one BETA game. Gwent changed quite drastically between the start of closed beta and the end of open beta. The only thing that has always been there are the massive balance issues after every major update.

Best to worst version imo:
end of closed beta
pre Midwinter
post Midwinter
current gwent

DRK3

Forum veteran
From someone who's been with Gwent since the beginning of closed beta, i dont think the current version is the best... but its not the worst either.

It has improved a lot since Homecoming day one, but there are some gameplay aspects that still make me miss the possibilities of closed and open beta (for example, now its only 25card decks... miss making decks with more cards without being seriously handicapped for it)

Beta by a longshot. Each new patch makes Gwent increasingly terrible.

Next patch literally forces engines on everyone with a 13 unit minimum...

There won't be enough space to efficiently deal with engines now and increases the RNG of the game.

That is nonsensical.

Going first with a Silver government operative against you immediately prompted destruction. This advanced the dry-pass, which kinda beats the reason for the rounds. In beta, this was a major issue. The present usage with as far as possible is a long way from flawless, however, it's still better.

I still can't grasp how they could destroy the game. Been playing from closed beta to midwinter patch, played less then and after Homecoming i can't even stand the game.

Gwent today is slow, boring and without flavour. It feels way less strategic, after a four month break with a new deck it takes a couple of games to grasp it. It's way too simple and we already have simple ccgs.

The new faction seems to be more advanced and with it's own identity, but i feel sorry for the old factions that feel stale and too simple.

I really miss NR armor, Monster weather and NG spies. Back then decks had identity even though in some cases a bit strong.

The scrap-change i still do not get, sitting with 400k scraps and nothing to craft. Without premiums the battlefield looks dead, it should be way easier to craft since the art is one of Gwents strong points.

Will test the new faction (spend some scrap yay) and then hide again and wait for that big change.

and wait for that big change.
We can probably wait for a long time there. They say in every video about the game state: "We will not invent the wheel new" which means they dont have any intention to make gwent better again. Honestly, every time they release an update i am excited again, install gwent again and after a couple of hours I recognize how slow, boring and easy it is. I dont fweel outplayed by my opponents anymore, nor feel that I outplay them. In the current state of the game I wonder why they even kept the concept of rows and 3 rounds, because theose once clever and unique mechanics feel just stupid right now.

My strong advise to the game design team of Gwent would be to install the pre-homecoming version and play it one more time, because I think they forgot about all the amazing, strategic, and exciting mechanics they removed back then with Homecoming.

Top Bottom