how to make money

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to sell your stuff?

Hello all,

I've seen that this topic has been discussed in the past, but since the game was patched, the discusssion(s) that I found are not longer valid.

I see some of the streamers having 20K+ gold on level 15, while I am scrapping for gold (barely mentaining my gear) on level 12. So I started being selective on where I sell things. Problem is ....all merchants are terrible.

For example: I couldn't find anyone that gives me more than 20% of the items value for , let's say,trophies. You won't be swimming on those, They are rated on 250+ gold. Yet, nobody pays more that 30 for it.

So where people sell their stuff nowadays?

I feel that most of my income comes from cards game lately :)

PS: If this was already discussed after patches, please be kind and share a link.
PS2 : I am new to this game - first run - so apologies if the question is a basic one

For example: I couldn't find anyone that gives me more than 20% of the items value for , let's say,trophies
Trophies are hardly sellable. Only one guy in Novigrad cemetery gives good price for them, and he never carries more than 300-400 crowns. My advice: don't sell them, but put in storage instead.

So what should you sell? Answer is simple: weapons. Loot and sell even weak ones, e.g. dropped by bandits. You will spend most of your money at swordmasters (and armour makers) anyway, so then you will be able to "get back" your money via selling them weapons.

Among secondary sellable items are animal skins (unfortunately it's hard to find rich merchant who buys them, unless you have HoS - then Ofieri one /merchant guy, not enchanter/ is your choice), and in late game, redundant ingredients (e.g. emerald dust).

There are a lot of mods that increase selling price and stuff, or cheats to just add money. I'm sure many of the streamers are using those. By default, the game's money is tight for quite a while. By the time you're rolling in it, you'll probably have already found a lot of good gear and will be spending primarily for repairs and upgrades.

Early on, selling honey to the herbalist in WO and other herbs you're not using to other herbalists is what I usually do. If you hold out on searching the dead in the battlefield until level 3-4, they tend to spawn slightly better loot; you can trade that to other merchants for a tidy sum. In general, merchants can and will run out of coin, and you'll be forced to barter goods for the stuff you want in order to replenish their coffers.

EDIT: Oh! And don't sell off valuable gems and runestones early on -- they're needed for crafting some pretty powerful stuff. I'd try to keep at least 3 of each in my inventory until I was sure of what upgrades I wanted to pursue. (The Viper blades need emerald dust, for i.e.)

Last edited:
There's also what not to sell unless you have a metric tone of it. Keep: dimeritium everything, glowing ore, every dust until you start pushing quantity of 30, monster hide, bear fat, arenaria, cherry cordial, mandrake cordial just to name a few. The rest sell if you have more than let's say 10. Oh, sell mutagens too, except for red. Never sell red mutagens.

Loot stuff. Sell it. You will never have money problems. Geralt is like a wealthy prince in this game, not a witcher scrabbling for contracts. You can carry half a dozen valuable armor sets and weapons. Money is never lacking.

Loot stuff. Sell it. You will never have money problems. Geralt is like a wealthy prince in this game, not a witcher scrabbling for contracts. You can carry half a dozen valuable armor sets and weapons. Money is never lacking.

W1: Start out poor and end poor both money and probably material wise. Though you can end with a tidy surplus.

W2: You're poor and you'll never have anything unless you bust ass for it.

W3: Start out poor and end up being able to buy the Imperial throne.

Fastest Way to Make Money?

I saw in another thread that people are claiming they have amounts in excess of 150k crowns. That's just hard to believe for me. I have a complete post-game save with everything done including HoS, and my current wallet stands at around 20k crowns.

Is it Gwent? Selling stuff? How could you possible reach something like 200k crowns without grinding too much?

pick everything, sell everything... with that, you can have 5k in White Orchard quite easily... stuff is abundant in game, everything is laying around...

If your looking for a fast way to make lots of coin early in the game head for Dragon slayer Grotto in Velen (look it up). Should be 5-6 level 7 wraiths that hang out in the entrance so just kill them then use the sign post outside to warp somewhere then back again & they re-spawn as long as you do not empty the chests in the other room. They drop valuable loot like emerald dust so it only takes a few trips to make a few thousand coin & you will never need to worry about money again.

Decent way to earn coin?

I'm just starting hearts of stone for first time with my 100 % save, but after crafting all sets to madtercrafted and I lost Alot if my loot as I stashed it somewhere that got locked, this was pre stash chests, so yeah I'm kinda broke and gonna need 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom