How to make Triss Merigold viable

+
How to make Triss Merigold viable

Deploy: Damage a Unit by 5.

Change her strength from 7 to 5 and - Deploy: Damage a Unit by 7 (disregarding armor).

Last edited:
RickMelethron;n9332861 said:
why would you round up on a flat damage number?

that still wouldn't make her better than having another gold and alzur's thunder
Oh, my bad on the flatting, was thinking about something else before.

As for the second part, she's terrible at the moment. And having an armor ignoring Alzur's Thunder with a 5 gold body is good in many instances.

HenryGrosmont;n9332931 said:
As for the second part, she's terrible at the moment. And having an armor ignoring Alzur's Thunder with a 5 gold body is good in many instances.

true. however, i don't know if their intent is for triss to be a good legendary or just a starter card to help out new players; it all depends on their philosophy

according to people on the PTR, there will be large balance changes coming, including a buff to geralt; we'll have to wait and see

RickMelethron;n9333041 said:
true. however, i don't know if their intent is for triss to be a good legendary or just a starter card to help out new players; it all depends on their philosophy

according to people on the PTR, there will be large balance changes coming, including a buff to geralt; we'll have to wait and see
I could make a case that new players need a lot of help, esp in Legendary cards they get. But even so, the gold pool is is small at the moment that I think it would be only beneficial.

And of course, changes are coming. Which is good :)

I thought we were done with this "ignoring armor" thing, armor is there to absorb damage, not be ignored.

edit: plus she was pretty useful when mangonels and ships were 5 STR, now they got buffed and i guess Triss should too

Iuliandrei;n9334121 said:
I thought we were done with this "ignoring armor" thing, armor is there to absorb damage, not be ignored.

edit: plus she was pretty useful when mangonels and ships were 5 STR, now they got buffed and i guess Triss should too
If it were just an armor wearing units, then maybe you're right. But immune boost is everywhere and I don't see it going anywhere in the near future.
RickMelethron;n9334161 said:
they got buffed for the purpose of not dying to triss :)
Which is a baffling choice in the first place :)

I feel her artwork just needs redoing. Get the toothless deviant who did Ves to do it and if she pops out a tittie every time she's played it will really boost her versatility and playability.

fostdecile;n9334601 said:
I actually thought armor is made to reduce the damage of weather.
Where did you get that thought from!?

- It's cold outside...
- Yea. Let's wear some armor!

Theodrik;n9334731 said:
Where did you get that thought from!?

- It's cold outside...
- Yea. Let's wear some armor!

I think I phrased it wrong, its not to be taken literally :facepalm:

I meant to say that I have always used armored hero to defend from weather damage (and the armor from potions).

fostdecile;n9334941 said:
I think I phrased it wrong, its not to be taken literally
I was just kidding :D

Regarding armor, they already changed all the previous Armor-Piercing attacks because those were making armor meaningless. So I believe the Devs don't plan to bring those piercing attacks back.

Triss is a solid starter gold, which is exactly what she's intended to be. By buffing her you run the risk of turning her into something more than that, which doesn't really seem to be what CDPR wants to do.

Top Bottom