How to manually move Gwent cards to a different faction that also affects NPC decks?

+
What I did:

1) Uncook content file into gameplay/items
2) Edited def_item_gwint_cards_final xml file
3) Cook, build mod and install into mods directory.

I want to move Mahakam cards into Northern Kingdom deck because Mahakam is a vassal state of Temeria which is a northern region. So, i paste the lines into the Northern Kingdom section and edited them as shown in the attached file but NPCs are still able to use those cards in their Scoatael deck. It only changed mine. Any ideas?

Attachments

• def_gwint.png
    def_gwint.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 110
You need to edit all the Northern Kingdom & Scoiatael decks in the gwintManager.ws file ...\content\scripts\game\gui\menus

Hi olnorton,

Thanks for the reply. Is there a guide that shows step-by-step on how to solve this?
Below, I scrolled down all the way to the bottom and found these lines . Am I supposed to manually move the cards here?

Attachments

• gwintManager1.png
    gwintManager1.png
    66 KB · Views: 83
  • gwintManager2.png
    gwintManager2.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 83
gwintManager.ws contains all the decks your opponents use in the game.
I don't have the modding software installed, so I'm just using the gwintmanger.ws file from my mod.
Start by removing the dwarfs from the scoiatael decks.
Scroll down to approximately line 1347 (Zoltan , Lambert, and Thaler's decks) might be a different line in a non modded version.
Starting on line 1394, Zoltan has cards 340, & 341 (two of the cards you changed) so you have to remove them, and replace them with other scoiatael cards of similar value. (change the 340 to 332 Dol Blathanna Scout for example)
Just make sure you don't add cards from his dynamicCards, or he might end up with two unique cards in his hand. (They change depending on how good the players deck is.)
Once you've edited Zoltan, Lambert, Thaler, & Vinnie's decks, scroll down to Line 2078 and see if Shani has any of the cards you changed.
Line 2350 the Circus Gwent Addict plays Scoiatael.
Then scroll down to line 2730, the generic Scoiatael easy, normal, and hard decks and edit those.
Starting on line 3372 are the Scoiatael tournament decks.
Once you've done all those you will probably want to go back and do the Northern Kingdom decks so they get some of the dwarves.

If you look at the attached screen shot, anything after the // are only comments and have no effect on the game.
Whenever I change a line, I put the name of my mod at the end. This way you can easily see which lines you've changed, and if you need to go back and change things, you only have to search for the name of your mod to find all the changes you've made.
gm.ws.jpg

Last edited:
You're a legend! Definitely what I was looking for that can't be found elsewhere. Gonna edit those lines immediately. Thanks again mate!

Guest 3766175

Cool. Now I also know how to "manipulate" the decks. But honestly: I think the "Gwint" from the game is much better than what you can download individually. By the way ...

Top Bottom