How to pass needs to be clearly gone over in the tutorial

+
When I first started the game last month, I went through the tutorial. Then, I played games.

I could not figure out how to pass my turn in the game. I tried clicking Pass, but it would not pass. I almost gave up on this very awesome game.

However, I went online and did some research to find out that you had to hold down on Pass. It's not intuitive. It really needs to be highlighted in the tutorial.

New players should not have to do research to learn the basics of the game.

I only bring this up now because on the Steam forums, a new player was asking about this issue: how to pass???

Please incorporate the "how to pass" instructions in the tutorial as we don't want new players to give up in frustration.

Thank you!

You are right and it's an easy thing to fix. Then again, it's also easy to figure out. At least, there have been almost zero complaints about it.

Some important stuff that's actually missing is, for example, the fact that you can manually discard a card by dragging it to the graveyard. That is an easy thing to miss and should be included in the tutorial.

I would like to bump this suggestion because:

1) I was struggling (and almost make me stop try to play Gwent) when I started the tutorial due to the explanation how to pass is not clear enough. it also make me feel this game is badly designed because I tried what it said but I can't proceed the turn further. It would be better if the text changed from click Pass button to hold the pass button to pass.

2) 9 months has been passed since I started playing Gwent and I notice that new player in Reddit today also face this problem. I wish Gwent have more players and one thing is that, the tutorial should be fun, useful and easy. (ref: Stuck during tutorial? : gwent (reddit.com))

I remembered that Hearthstone did a very nice tutorial with a funny storyline. I doubt Gwent can be that funny or not. maybe not. maybe more serious storyline like Thronebreaker style.

As @4RM3D suggested, the tutorial should contain almost every basic knowledge in Gwent like:
1. Passing
2. Save some cards for next round
3. Discard a card
4. mulligan some not really useful card (which can be done by ordered the library for learning purpose)

Next, the more Advanced tutorial should also be added to further enhance new player experience like
1. bleeding (Winning Round1 offer an option to play long round 2 to force opponent empty their hands or lose some strong card)
2. combo play or order unit technique
3. using tutor card
4. intro some of the archetype in Gwent

or a link to youtube short clip for more advance tips in Gwent would be nice.

Last edited:
You are right and it's an easy thing to fix. Then again, it's also easy to figure out. At least, there have been almost zero complaints about it.

Some important stuff that's actually missing is, for example, the fact that you can manually discard a card by dragging it to the graveyard. That is an easy thing to miss and should be included in the tutorial.
Another thing that the player is never told is that the card limit on a row is 9.
The only way to find this out is to be in a situation where you can't play a card! At which point you are screwed cause it can cost you the game, but if you knew it in advance you could have planned ahead of it.

Maybe there are not many replys because people stopped to play the game.
I just started to play again today. 2 years ago i gave gwent a try, because i was tilt on hearthstone, but stopped, when i had to skipped tutorail, cause the game didnt go on. Than i tryed to find out how the game works, cant found where i can play the tutrial again and deinstalled.
This time, i am tilted of blizzards behavoir again, installed again. Than the situation happens again but, instead of ragequit i tryed to find out, why the game stops and how to replay tutorial.
Is there any why to replay the tutorial?

Top Bottom