How to play same combat music for all combat

+
Hi, I really love the White Orchard combat music and the combat music from Velen (the one that's played in Crookback Bog when you fight the crones, etc.) and was wondering if there is a way to mod the scripts to play only those two tracks instead of the other combat music along the way. I looked in the sound.ws file and saw references to specific music but not the combat tracks. Any idea where those are held?

*EDIT* - Maybe not ALL combat music, like Kaer Morhen and the finale against the Wild Hunt / Avallach music should probably remain as they are. But general combat-during-exploration music, would like those two tracks in place of the standard Velen/Novigrad/Skellige tracks.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks Jack - I've been looking through the soundbank xml but am not sure how to edit it. I tried copying the wav and wem paths for one location and pasting them in place of the wav and wem file paths for another location. I thought that this would result in both locations playing the same music but even after several tests, it didn't work so I'm guessing there's a very different way of approaching it or I've missed an important step!

Thanks for the rec, Blackstreet, but unfortunately the mod has no info and doesn't seem to be maintained. Also, I'd like to edit my own files with specific music track swaps :)

Hi, I think I understand how to use the tutorial and sound editing tools for a brand new sound being added into the game, but do I need to go through that whole process for sounds that are already in the game? For example, if I just want to make the White Orchard exploration music play in place of the Skellige exploration music.... all of that music is already within the game. I just want to substitute one for the other. So I still need to rebuild a whole new sound folder and can't just change some of the code around to redirect file paths? Thanks!

soundbanksinfo.xml does nothing, it is made when wwise compiles a project, the game actually does not read anything from it.
Simplest way would be to find the skellige exploration music .wem files from soundcache and replace them with the prologue ones.

soundbanksinfo.xml does nothing, it is made when wwise compiles a project, the game actually does not read anything from it.
Simplest way would be to find the skellige exploration music .wem files from soundcache and replace them with the prologue ones.
This method involves recompiling the music files to create the mod.

Top Bottom