How to play the Witcher 1

+
How to play the Witcher 1

Hey, I just finished the Witcher 2 and am reading the books. I really want to play the Witcher 1, but I remember playing it a little bit long time ago and I did not like the combat and the graphics will probably feel a bit outdated. As far as I know there are some mods which will improve my experience, could you link me a thread with must-have mods or tell me where I can get them from. Also - I have a physical copy of the game and I should download all patches before playing,right?

The Witcher 1 is much better than The Witcher 2 and more beautiful. The environments, atmosphere and music is much better. Also the colors are better. And if you like the books, then you'll like it more than The Witcher 2 in my opinion.

more beautifull of course but in a sense of atmosphere not grafics but yes i preffer the witcher 1 over the witcher 2 too :)

Try to give it another try, the beguinning of the game is a bit slow, for me the game really starts at chapter 2! If by chapter 2 you are still not enjoying it, than try some mods. But if you manage to get Immersed enouth in this period, you probably will forget these little problems like the grapic, or lip sync, and just enjoy the amazing story and atmosphere that this game has!

:hatsoff:

I am already in the middle of the 1st chapter and I really like it. It seems that last time I played it I just wasn't ready for it - it was 7 years ago. And my mentality on RPG games has changed - I used to skip all conversation and get to fighting and now I explore all options in the dialogue. Only thing missing for me in the first witcher is the connection with the rest of the story - Yennefer and Ciri get no mention.

Only thing missing for me in the first witcher is the connection with the rest of the story - Yennefer and Ciri get no mention.

Have patience young padawan, they are mentioned in TW1 ;)
Also if you active follow the whole story of TW1 you ll feel the lore for sure... many things are very similar to the books in
TW1 ;)

If you can run it at the highest settings, it holds up fine visually, at least the environments. It's not a technological marvel or anything, but a pretty good example of visual design that doesn't try anything the technology can't support. And the music is really, really awesome. I generally prefer TW2 myself, but the music in the first one has it beat.

The best advice I could give regarding the witcher 1 is to try and not rush through it. It is a big game with a lot of story and atmosphere and this has to be fully experienced IMO as it is the best thing about the game. Take your time, soak up the atmosphere, the ambiance, the feeling and mood, there is nothing else like it and I am confident that by the end of it, you will prefer it to TW2.

TW1 is amazing. I wish CDRED gave it more attention these days, everytime I google The Witcher games, you always see them talking about 2 and 3, they don;t seem to make much fuss about 1 and it is the best one so far.

Top Bottom