How to Protect savegames Insane Mode

+
How to Protect savegames Insane Mode

How to Protect mode savegame Insane

Hi, long time ago I finished and completed The Witcher 2 in Insane mode, I would like to know how do I reinstall the game without losing the savegame Insane Mode, because the game system "freezes" the savegame even reinstalling the game.

thank you very much

I am not sure I understand completely, but I think you want do one of these things:

1) Back up your saved games. All you have to is, in Windows Vista/7, go to "Documents", then "The Witcher 2" and inside you will find a folder with your saved games. Copy the entire folder (probably a couple GB's) or individual saved game files anywhere you want. Keep in mind this folder has saved games from ALL your playthroughs.

2) Reinstall without losing your data. I am pretty sure you will be able to reinstall the game without deleting your saved game files, but back them up if it makes you feel safer.

Additionally, since you said the game freezes, it may be that you have too many saved games which may cause a major slowdown (and maybe even to "freeze"?) at the saved game load screen. So back them up and/or delete old files if necessary.

It may not be possible, I'm afraid.

There's an "anti-cheat" mechanism intended to stop people from sharing their almost-complete insane runs with their friends. I think that there's some kind of key in the savegames and the registry - if they don't match, it won't work. That key doesn't survive a reinstallation.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I've seen a couple of other threads with similar issues (including one where the player hadn't finished his game, that was sad)

I'm sorry for my bad English (I'm using Google Translate).

@ dragonbird: I was hoping there was a solution at least for those who had finished, after all I would like to keep these bailouts in the future maybe for The Witcher 3 and / or other reasons, and sooner or later happen to format the computer.

thanks

PCMaster said:
I'm sorry for my bad English (I'm using Google Translate).

@ dragonbird: I was hoping there was a solution at least for those who had finished, after all I would like to keep these bailouts in the future maybe for The Witcher 3 and / or other reasons, and sooner or later happen to format the computer.

thanks

OK. That's a lot more hopeful.

The anti-cheat protection will be stopping you from re-using the savegames in your new installation of TW2, but it shouldn't be a problem when you import into TW3, so just keep your last couple of savegames and hope for the best.

Of course, something could still screw this up. CDPR could mess up the import, or the savegames could be corrupted, (this is possible because of the type of error you're getting). But these aren't something you can do anything about now, so just wait and see what happens.

But if/when you play TW2 again, you will need to start again at the beginning.

Top Bottom