How to Report Players for Cheating or Using Exploits

+

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
How to Report Players for Cheating or Using Exploits

If you suspect a player of cheating or using exploits and you want to report him/her you can do so by directly contacting support and explaining the situation (preferably including a screenshot). However, do not automatically assume that person is cheating; please take the following into consideration:

1. It might not be a cheat/exploit
a) It could be a (misunderstood) game feature.
b) It could be a bug or unintended side effect.

2. The player might not be doing it on purpose
CDPR will investigate the report. Only they can decide if the player is indeed cheating.

When in doubt, you can always reply to this thread asking for help, but do not mention the player's name on the forums.

EDIT: Since the Novigrad patch, you can click on the opponent's name to hide it. Please, do so, before taking screenshots and posting them on the forums.

Last edited:
CHEATS DETECTED!!!!

Just played a game with someone who played with SWIM's Stammelford deck and I was playing with spells on EITHNIE. I had alot of weather cards and after i used it THEY DID NOTHING! THEY DIDNT MINUS ANYTHING! Aparently he was cheating because on my side i had weather do all damage. Shame i didnt taped video but i did a screen with nickname, be careful guys. Aparently cheats are already here.

Cant upload screen here, some weird error so i put a link to my thread on gwent db

Last edited by a moderator:
Eriko28 thread merged

Please, do not mention players names on the forum. Instead, follow the steps as mentioned by the OP.

Hi, I have just encountered a situation that was quite odd and I think it was against the rules.
I(18lvl) was playing a casual match with a Nilfgard deck lead by Morvran aginst Skellige lead by King Bran. My opponent(lvl47) surrendered the first round very fast and during the second round when I played almost all my cards he played 3 Ekimmara vampires.

What I find odd is the 3 monster cards played out of his Skellige deck. If this is not an exploit or a bug I would like to know how it was done. I would also like to have 3 Ekimmaras in any deck.

Have a nice day.

CeceB

The opponent has played a valid match. What (s)he did was as follows:

1. Play Dorregaray (neutral silver) to spawn an Ekimmara (and eat Dorregaray).
2. Restore on Dorregaray to play another Ekimmara.
3. Sigrdrifa on Dorregaray to play the 3rd Ekimmara.

Hello people,

I'd like your advice on something that happened to me earlier on ranked. I played agaisnt a lvl 99 player who played 5 Cyclops out of his hand. First round he played three of them, second round he plays another one which was really upsetting because this card was like wrecking my archetype haha, at this point I'm starting to get mad like "how many of them does this guy have". I count, three on boards then two in the graveyard. I'm like wtf, then he pulls another one "oooooh".

Am I just becoming crazy ?

I have video proof without the name btw

4RM3D;n9705241 said:
Trigur

The opponent likely used Nekker Warrior:

That is indeed a possibility that I totally forgot. Yet he didn't play any, this I remember. None on board, none in the graveyard. And creatures hit by cyclops aren't doomed (are they ?).

I add that he played dagon.

Trigur

Another possibility is using Operator to copy one and Summoning Circle to copy another. Though that tactic is less likely. Anyhow, you've said you made video. You can upload it privately and send me the link, I'll check it out.

No Title

My opponent played the crap with copying my gold card
but he does not play it,
it just hangs after his time out,
and then I am the defeated/disconnected/game can not continue guy...

take a look at the screenshoot

Attachments

• photo176901.jpg
    photo176901.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 624
DexterMullen

There have been reports by other players that they tried to play a card, but it got stuck on their screen. The case you have described is most likely one of those, where the opponent couldn't do anything. However, the disconnect part wasn't (recently) mentioned. You can always directly contact support and ask them to look into it.

How do I report cheaters?

Recently, there have been two matches I played where the opponent undoubtedly cheated by manipulating the game somehow!
How do we stop this from happening? It is completely taking the fun out of the game
I can provide two specific situations and player names if needed... I wish I knew how to record or take screenshots from the PC version

-a very concerned Gwent lover

DocOdy thread merged

DocOdy;n9876181 said:
I wish I knew how to record or take screenshots from the PC version

You can take screenshots by pressing F12. Then you can find them by going to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\GOG Galaxy\Screenshots\Gwent

I dont know if it's manipulation or just a bug, but the mulligan system has been giving me the same 3 cards I mulligan in the first round repeatedly - even the blacklisted units. Is there an exploit somewhere that you are aware of that manipulates my mulligan?

Also I noticed a few players hovering over my cards just after the game starts. Are there exploits that will reveal my cards without me knowing? or is that just a fake out... -welchi

Welchistador;n9963961 said:
I dont know if it's manipulation or just a bug, but the mulligan system has been giving me the same 3 cards I mulligan in the first round repeatedly - even the blacklisted units. Is there an exploit somewhere that you are aware of that manipulates my mulligan?

The Mulligan system is a bit weird and isn't properly explained in the game. I recommend reading the following thread, which explains the Mulligan in greater details: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...ions-aa/8364760-the-mulligan-system-explained

Welchistador;n9963961 said:
Also I noticed a few players hovering over my cards just after the game starts. Are there exploits that will reveal my cards without me knowing? or is that just a fake out... -welchi

You can hover over an opponent's card, but it doesn't reveal anything. It's just a little mind game you can play with the opponent.

Bug or cheat? Gerald aard

Just played a game against someone

I am sorry if this is not correct assumption and it was ingame bug and not cheat. If it is bug im hugely sorry for bringing your name up, if not... well... I let cdpr decide what to do.

He had 2 rows of frost (ranged and siege), melee was clear (i had 3 units there, I played consume deck).
He played aard and disconnected (no problems what so ever whole game). and aard played out 2 times.
I double checked every card in game and card history. But basicly his aard moved my units from melee to siege.
I lost because of that, and the damage was something huge (i had 15 ghoul and something Kayran that he moved). He did not move my arachas leader.

It is possible that he intentionally disconnected and reconnected to make aard play twice.
I cant figure out any other explanations. and I cannot count the damage he made coz that took me so much by suprise.

EDIT: Yes it was ranked and yes this was enough gwent for me today.

Last edited by a moderator:
TweetyLeaf

Thread merged. I also edited your post to remove the opponent's name. Please do not mention usernames when reporting potential cheaters on the forums.

I seem to recall seeing other mentions of cards' Deploy abilities triggering twice or even up to four times, so this could have been another occurrence of that.
In any case, reporting it directly to the support team would be a good idea.

I just hit 11 posts, but still, I can't open a new post. I guess the server cache refresh it is a bit slow. So, I'll just post here before I lose the mod with this forum and the game as well...

I've just spotted a big glitch and an exploiter that takes advantage of it to win games on Ranked match

I will try to synthesize how this player is abusing of it

Circumstances: Monsters decks - Eredin vs Eredin

After a few turns at the first round, I decided to pass, and here is where all turned unbelievable.

I was losing, then after my pass, my opponent instead of passing and win, he drawn another card, Ge'Ls. Uh?!?!? Why do you draw another card if you are already winning the round??? This is what made me certain there was something fishy, seeing what happened next...

Then he places Ge'ls on the row, and then he just left the timer arriving at its end... and here, wow it happens the incredible!
My residual cards in hands start to drop into the graveyard each time the time counter reaches its end.
He then let the timer going until I was left with zero cards ?!?!?!
I thought was maybe a bug on the server, connection problems... who knows? But instead, when I was left with ZERO cards, my opponents were still there, and then he passed the turn. WOW
So the game prompted my lost round and drawn me to cards, and my opponent as well, the difference was that he had about 7 cards or more at the second round and I had 2.
Unfortunately, any screenshots haven't been saved... maybe another glitch?

Pls solve this glitch ASAP, and BAN immediately this abuser

Last edited:
Ic3Purple

Moved your post to an appropriate thread - and edited out the username of the player you were talking about. Reporting other users publicly by their username is not allowed here. Use the contact form to report them directly to the CDPR team.

Top Bottom