How to Report Players for Cheating or Using Exploits

+
hax?!?! or just something weird going on?

So I have already sent a report in, juuuust in case, but I want to start this off by saying I'm not one to throw the hacker accusation around normally. However, I just lost a sure-win game to a conveniently timed "connection timeout, your opponent wins" disconnects, which normally would annoy me but I'd just shrug at the shitty servers and carry on. But I went to check out their profile and was just... perplexed by what I saw.

They're sitting at 2700 games played, ALL with monsters, which might just mean they really really really like monsters and no other faction. But then when you see their collection numbers, according to their profile they only have 11 out of 155 monster cards. Plus only 8 out 167 neutral cards. So even if they milled literally everything but that one deck they're playing, 11 monster card + 8 neutral is still only 19 cards. Am I missing something here? Also all their other faction collections were sitting at well below 20, and considering they're level 100 on their profile the only answer I can think is they're milling everything and not crafting anything? Also hoooly crap that's a lot of playing to get to 2700 games. Considering even several streamers I follow who play the game daily are still sitting at under 2k games.

Bondonkadonk

I've moved your post over here because you thought it might have something to do with exploits. However, you forgot one thing while viewing the opponents profile page. The 11 out of 155 Monster cards are only the normal ones. The opponent has a whole collection of premium cards. These can be recognized by the small green bar (in the progression bar).

4RM3D;n10610692 said:
Bondonkadonk

I've moved your post over here because you thought it might have something to do with exploits. However, you forgot one thing while viewing the opponents profile page. The 11 out of 155 Monster cards are only the normal ones. The opponent has a whole collection of premium cards. These can be recognized by the small green bar (in the progression bar).

Ah, cheers mate. I had no idea that premiums weren't shown. Seems kinda weird considering it leads to situations like this where a full premium deck is shown as almost no cards in collection. (although i just checked their green bar and that was barely filled either, still good info to have tho!)

Edit: Uploaded an image of it, just cause. But yeah you're right. The green bars may be low, but they look like juuuust enough to form a full monster deck. Still an odd one. If this guy/gal is legit, they must be sitting on a ridiculous amount of scraps.

Attachments

• weird1.jpg
    weird1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Bondonkadonk

Yeah, it's a weird profile page. Basically, the opponent only has one deck, which (s)he continuously played with. Anyhow, you've already reported the player, so CDPR can double check if there is something iffy going on.

dmxsimf - DROPHACKER

Good evening. Today I was playing Ranked and got matched against the same opponent 2 times, first time about 4 hours ago on alternative account and second time just now. In both games I won the coinflip, which led to him drypassing and at the start of R2 as soon as I played CA Spy I got dropped from the game with 'a problem occurred with local client ending the game. . .'. It might be a coincidence, but I highly doubt it. What are the chances that 2 times I get him as my opponent, 2 times I win the coinflip and I get dropped at the same second I play a Spy? Could you please look at the game history and punish him if he's guilt is proven?

Last edited by a moderator:
SF21 thread merged

I've removed the player's name because it's not allowed to post it on the forums. Instead, if you suspect someone of cheating, directly contact support. Only they can check whether or not something fishy is going on.

Alright. I was to say a BIT confused earlier today in Ranked match, and I wish I had a time or realized to take a screenshot. Had an opponent playing Skellige with apparently a full set of Tuirseach Veterans.
-He had wasted 2 by the time we got to the final round. So 2 in his graveyard. Alright.
-Earlier in the match I had snagged one with Muzzle.
-AND he had played Operator earlier (targeting the said Veteran card) = So that would then equal total 3 on his side, and two on mine. Correct so far?

Then. Last round he has his "last" Veteran on the table. And out comes another Tuirseach Veteran. ..... hold on, WHAT!? After that I double checked to see 2 Veterans in his graveyard. 2 on min (so no resurrections Skellige so much enjoys). And then two on board.
No Summoning circle was played, nor did I see any other cards with keyword "spawn" or "create" ability. (And no Johnny)

Is there something I'm missing here?

Muffliato;n10759531 said:
Sorroth

Doppler? It doesn't go to the graveyard after use, so you might've missed it.

I had forgotten about that little fiend. I feel I didn't "miss" a turn, but that is the likeliest option here. Thank you for quick response.

Some sort of cheating or Usage of exploits occuring in Gwent

So here is what happened... yesterday i was playing against an opponent who played TWO Ciri Nova in the last turn!!!
i dont have any Screenshot of it as it was the last card in the 3rd round & the game automatically ended
but today it happened again.... someone played TWO Imlerith: Sabbath & i was shocked to see it
i looked in all the other Gwent cards looking for any newly added card that lets you Duplicate another gold card but as you would expect that was not the case.
i just want to bring this to the attention of Gwent Devs

mishant

Thread merged. I removed the image, because it was showing the opponent's username. We don't want players publicly getting called out as suspected cheaters.

If you're sure they were cheating, you can send a support ticket here -- and attach the screenshot, if you wish.

mishant;n10772971 said:
So here is what happened... yesterday i was playing against an opponent who played TWO Ciri Nova in the last turn!!!
i dont have any Screenshot of it as it was the last card in the 3rd round & the game automatically ended
but today it happened again.... someone played TWO Imlerith: Sabbath & i was shocked to see it
i looked in all the other Gwent cards looking for any newly added card that lets you Duplicate another gold card but as you would expect that was not the case.
i just want to bring this to the attention of Gwent Devs

Your opponent likely played Uma's Curse: https://www.gwentdb.com/cards/50331-umas-curse

Aside from this it is also possible to renew gold cards.

Another gold card that can copy gold cards is this one: https://www.gwentdb.com/cards/516-avallach-sage

Please don't be so quick with the conclusion that someone is cheating. That is usually not the case.

Strange players or bugs

it is more than once that a curious and strange thing happens.
You win one round each and very little before the third round it happens that the game is interrupted resulting in a problem with the server and the game ends in a tie.
I noticed that it happens to me with players over 90/100 level.

Bug? I do not think so. I think instead that they do it specifically not to lose many points, in fact you only lose 1 point.

it's correct?

Hey. Please tell me, is there a forum function such as the ban of the player for playing dirty? Player *mod edit* gaming for gwint card game . When I clicked on the card and thought to throw it on the table or not, the enemy pulled out and stuck out the Internet cable and gave me a minus card. I checked the Internet at a time when I was OK with speeds over 3-5MB/s.

Last edited by a moderator:
@28COTOK Thread merged.

If you suspect a player of cheating or using exploits and you want to report him/her you can do so by directly contacting support (selecting the option 'Other') and explaining the situation (preferably including a screenshot). However, do not automatically assume that person is cheating; please take the following into consideration:

1. It might not be a cheat/exploit
a) It could be a (misunderstood) game feature.
When in doubt, you can always reply in this thread asking for help, but do not mention the player's name on the forums. E.g. how can a player possibly use duplicate gold cards, gold cards from another faction or even 5 gold cards? The answer to all questions is Johnny.

b) It could be a bug or unintended side effect.
The game is still in beta and bugs can occur.

2. The player might not be doing it on purpose
CDPR will investigate the report. Only they can decide if the player is indeed cheating.

Very strange game against him. I think he used Vicovaro medic 6 times and got emissary 8 times. although he did use vicovaro to revive emissary constantly.
I don't believe it. second time actually I see someone use more then 3 of the same cards. a known cheat?

Very strange game against him. I think he used Vicovaro medic 6 times and got emissary 8 times. although he did use vicovaro to revive emissary constantly.
I don't believe it. second time actually I see someone use more then 3 of the same cards. a known cheat?

Please do not mention usernames when accusing someone of cheating.
There are various ways to get more than three copies of a Bronze card, and without seeing the card history it's impossible to say whether the "extra" copies were legit. I would guess they were.

Also, thread merged. See OP for what to do if you're sure the person was cheating.

Top Bottom