How to Report Players for Cheating or Using Exploits

+
Very strange game against him. I think he used Vicovaro medic 6 times and got emissary 8 times. although he did use vicovaro to revive emissary constantly.
I don't believe it. second time actually I see someone use more then 3 of the same cards. a known cheat?

What deck did you play? Consume?

He ddosed me twice tonight, never have I had an error in gwent before until I was about to win both times.... Reported this loser.

The way to get in the top 10: 1. Play your favorite four factions make sure you win. Too obvious I guess. Best way to achieve this I found is to simply remain in the lowest levels.

For every one win, you on purpose loose 2 with a faction you don't care about. Why because you want to remain in LVL24 with the new players. (Why not 25?: because there are strong players in 25 who understood this "trick" as well...)

Do you guys see this as cheating? If not, I'l be in the top ranking next season :p

Also do I get it right that to get to pro it doesn't matter what your level is, nor your win / loose ratio?

If you're talking about this https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/mmr.10996933/post-11357215

As I mentioned earlier, next season there will be update to ladder system so dropping rank (not lvl as you call it) probably won't be possible, so you won't be top 1.
To get to rank 0 you need to be top 500 of rank 1 at the end of the season. Win-rate or lvl doesn't matter.

PS. even if for some reason I look suspicious, I don't use exploits and I don't hack games to eg. refresh achievements that grant 5 reward points, really that's true that I don't...

I think that, we need a topic to discuss type of cheats that we may encounter with
and the proper action to do.

O.K. i will describe the situation.
1. red frame winks during mouse cursor movements of opponent.
2. its like detechting something (like my cards)
3. its not normal mouse movements of human
4. so its forbidden to share with you guys youtube video about it cuz it reveals the player's name.
5. short google search after describing my suspection to google i have found something detecting pixels and player's cards
and says win guarentee cheating method.........
6. i try to understand how it works to complain about cheaters :D for gwent.

Addition to that : this was not around lately but i started to see this method of cheating climbing up the ranks
att2: i also made a support ticket about it.

Correct, but you can contact CDPR directly and show the video.
i did as you said. i contacted with them and here is the result :D

Hey,

Thank you for the reply.

We treat all of the reports about cheating seriously and investigate them. As well as we read the community threads on that matter. No evidence of cheating was found so far.(< oh girl :D:D:D:D:D )

The video you provided is outdated (< i sent youtube video from old patch wanted to show how the bot works i know its outdated but its alive and well on homecoming update too) and is not an evidence of a cheat. Players tend to hover over enemy cards as they were aware of the highlight and some players found it annoying.
Currently the highlight is not so bright, but some players keep doing the hover thing. It's just something that you do while waiting for your turn. Moving your cursor around. It is not a cheat.

Moreover, I investigated the mentioned player games history. There is nothing indicating that the player is cheating.

Regards,

xxxxi

there is something wrong here and i want to mention it and i want to fully understand the situation and seek guidance
people are uploading bots and cheat programs via using pixels mouse cursor etc. on youtube and some certain underground forums you can easly access via Google search :D

1. cant he just google the situation i describe and reserve engineer the situation and fix on next patch
2. if i record everygame i play and find people who is using that certain program and report them for cheating wouldnt it be WITCHUNT :D ?!
3. is it my job to make devs to recognise that kind of cheating is real

(seeking your guidance... soon i will just let go of this)

I just played against someone that i suspect was cheating. Will contact support on this matter. I won in the end but he was playing in a like automated manner (cheat), with cards flashing at a regular pace and likely making suggestions on what card should be used. Do any of you had similar experience?

I just played against someone that i suspect was cheating. Will contact support on this matter. I won in the end but he was playing in a like automated manner (cheat), with cards flashing at a regular pace and likely making suggestions on what card should be used. Do any of you had similar experience?

Personally, and I'm always labelled a crazy tin-foil hat wearer, but I don't think it's cheating - I think it's the game's AI.

You'll almost always lose when you see that weird mouse behaviour. It's like the game pretending to be a human. The counters will almost always be 'perfect' against your gameplan.

There's no point reporting it, if CDPR are responsible in the first place.

with cards flashing at a regular pace and likely making suggestions on what card should be used.

It could also be a console player (or just someone player with a controller). The controller can behave weird sometimes, which would account for the blinking.

Personally, and I'm always labelled a crazy tin-foil hat wearer, but I don't think it's cheating - I think it's the game's AI.

You'll almost always lose when you see that weird mouse behaviour. It's like the game pretending to be a human. The counters will almost always be 'perfect' against your gameplan.

There's no point reporting it, if CDPR are responsible in the first place.
Yep, it's all just a huge conspiracy aimed at letting nedders lose matches. That makes sense. I mean, it's not like there are versions for PS and XBOX, where a gamepad is used and not a mouse. No, no, it's definitely a conspiracy of the evil minds at CDPR!

EDIT: 4RM3D beat me to it :)

For both the above; I've got the Xbox version and my controller doesn't do that because I don't have a nervous twitch in my thumbs! We're talking about ONE card 'flashing' on and off in a very consistent pattern, which seems to be very unusual behaviour for a human player and furthermore happens often enough to suggest either a) a good number of players do this with their mouse pointer, or b) it's an in-game design purely there to mimic a pretend players actions.

The pattern on the flashing isn't erratic/irregular. If it were, it would lend itself towards someone 'thinking' about their turn. It's so consistent it would actually take some level of concentration to achieve it. Besides which, you're saying it's about 'me', when I'm just agreeing with a number of other posts on the subject. So we're ALL paranoid, are we?!

I haven't seen one article, comment or post from CDPR about the subject. I have seen no denial, no explanation and until I see it written categorically down that you are ALWAYS playing against another person, matchmaking and the deal is ENTIRELY random, I will go with my experience which is there is bias in matchmaking, there is an AI against you (look at player numbers/stream viewers) sometimes and there is an issue with the card deal.

We're talking about ONE card 'flashing' on and off in a very consistent pattern, which seems to be very unusual behaviour for a human player and furthermore happens often enough to suggest either a) a good number of players do this with their mouse pointer, or b) it's an in-game design purely there to mimic a pretend players actions.

I've only ever seen it happen once and that player had the Xbox tag. Regardless, it's very easy to make a script which randomly hovers over a card every now and then. The constant blinking would be a very poor implementation of an AI, would it not? It's more likely the player was using a third party bot, instead. But even those chances are slim.

Ah, it's all in my head. So here's a scenario that happened 3 minutes ago:

I'm playing with, and against, ST low-units. I lose R1 but still have a Mahakam unit on the board (resilient). I also have 7 cards to my opponents 6, lost the first round but held card parity. So in my hand I could have anything; a Farseer, Ithlinne, etc., any low cost bronze or hand-boost unit. What I ACTUALLY have is one unit - Saesenthessis. 2 muliigans still leave me short on a unit, only Saes, but I have a 4 STR unit and CA so should be fine.....right?

Nope. My opponent plays fog. I can only play Saes if I want it to go to R3, but why would that happen? Why would you risk losing CA by playing fog unless you could physically know that I would have to play my main unit? It does not make any sense whatsoever. I could have had anything in my hand, but I didn't. I forfeit the game, of course, but this to me seems very unnatural and suspicious. We're only talking lvl 6 here, but I am losing every game no matter what deck I try to play.
Post automatically merged:

Next up - a more formulaic ST opponent. Below are the screenshots from R2 showing my Oppo's graveyard and the board in R2. Note the opponent still has 10 cards in their deck; quite how they've managed to pull EVERY 'better' card in R1 & R2 is quite astonishing, but I'm pretty used to it now. On the plus side, I no longer get angry. It's laughable.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
@nedders

This is getting tiresome. There is no indication whatsoever they are cheating. None. Zip. Nada. There is nothing special about those matches. You are just seeing what you want to see; nothing more, nothing less. That and your bad luck knows no bounds.

Post screenshots

Which proves nothing, except that you are unlucky. And I did not call you a liar, just a normal case of confirmation bias. Besides, do you want me to start posting screenshots of my bricked opening hands? Of mulliganging the same cards over and over again; never drawing my win-con? What about going first 10 times in a row? Stuff happens to people. You've well documented your chronicles of misfortune on these forums. But know that you are not the only one. You've just got it worse on average. The game is not targeting you, nor are the players. Out of the hundreds of matches, maybe one or two have something odd going on; maybe. But there is no grand conspiracy. And those are my final words. You've made up your mind anyhow.

Yup, as i am monitoring HC from start of it's HC and theres nothing more than failures, so with full respect but this broken game is going into dumpster. Tadaaam!

Top Bottom