How to revert PC-version of Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam?

+
How do I revert the download of Cyberpunk 2077 to the previous version? It seems they have added a lot of changes, not simply an exe-file. Tried the true and tested method when we reverted Fallout 4 due to Steam's forced download of patches to keep the exe-file synched with the F4SE (Fallout 4 Script Editor) which came out later.

Method:
1. open SteamDB.info
2. search and open depot for Cyberpunk 2077 (https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/depots/)

Problem occurs because there's so many changes, and if you delete the game from Steam and re-download it, it automatically goes to the newest version, which is the problem. I want the this manifest: 583937837845971710 (Dec 23, 2020), not 3852482208634779141 (Jan 22, 2021)

Any ideas how to revert the 'new' version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the previous one? It worked perfectly, until today when it was patched, and now there are things I really hate about the game. You know when you start playing the game. It's impossible to get good video-captures in this state for upload to Youtube when they have introduced new bugs!

[I assume you know how to open Steam Console. If not, just add steam://nav/console in the browser and hit Enter, and it'll open Steam's console. Not for those who do not know what they're doing, btw!!]

PS. This is NOT a 'cheat', moderators!!

I learned years ago to always back up my entire game Folder before such updates on games like this. Especially Bethesda as they often put out broken patches that would take a long time for them to fix their fix.

In this case (Patch 1.1 ) Steam and CDPR even replaced my custom key binding INI file with the DEFAULT key binding INI. All I had to do was grab my old one from my back up and replace the "default" one they forced on me.

I do not believe CDPR did this but rather STEAM did because they like to validate ALL the files before a big update. But in the end it is the same thing, forced "FIX" that I do not want.

It would be different if I was complaining all the time about bugs and crashes and then did not follow their procedure to try to "fix" the product properly. But I am not (I do not have such issues after over 140 hours of play that are bad enough for me to worry much about up to this point) and I do not like MY data files on MY PC being deleted and replaced without warning nor my consent. There was NO mention in the patch notes about replacing my key binding files. If there had been again I would not have much right to complain.

Last edited:
I learned years ago to always back up my entire game Folder before such updates on games like this. Especially Bethesda as they often put out broken patches that would take a long time for them to fix their fix.

In this case (Patch 1.1 ) Steam and CDPR even replaced my custom key binding INI file with the DEFAULT key binding INI. All I had to do was grab my old one from my back up and replace the "default" one they forced on me.

I do not believe CDPR did this but rather STEAM did because they like to validate ALL the files before a big update. But in the end it is the same thing, forced "FIX" that I do not want.

Hmm, it didn't work to set the INI-file to read only? This is how I force files to not be overwritten.

Hmm, it didn't work to set the INI-file to read only? This is how I force files to not be overwritten.

I seem to remember doing that, but now that you bring it up it is possible I reset it to make a recent change to my keys and forgot to set it back to read only.

Top Bottom