How to save V (certain spoilers)

+
If hellman, the arasaka's relic expert, can't be able to help you, i don't see how Judy could do it (with all her talents) :(
And if we trust Alt (who certainly knows what she is saying and would have no interest in lying, for that at least), V's DNA is altered. And here, Judy have no knowledge.
But i really hope i'm wrong, i would really like Judy to help me :D
If one can't do it, and two can't, how about all three? That would be an interesting concept for a DLC, to get all 3 to work together. Recruiting the through sidemissions, for them to join the same mission. On the moon? Or orbital clinic? Just thinking out loud.

What if you didn't romance Judy (as female V), or is male V? How do you recruit her? And we all know NetWatch is on Alt's digital butt. Anders Hellman is protected by Arasaka Corporation, how to break in and 'rescue' to guy (if he's even willing)?

If V is digitized and uploaded in the Devil-ending, is this the end for that play-through? Or will Alt use her armies to invade Mikoshi, by linking to the satellite-network though a proxy launched into space?

And why should V be rescued at all in this dystopia?

If it's in his body, unfortunatly, for me and with informations ingame, apart from a miracle, I really don't know how V could survive :(
If V is in Mikoshi (engram) and Alt go in Mikoshi, V disappears like all the others engrams ("will be part of a great whole", we don't really know what it is...)
But we don't know anything about Mr Blue Eyes, maybe him :)
In "Dream On", we see they have a unknow technology, they could modify the human brains so who knows.

(sorry, i'm the worst for imagine a future story, i leave that at CDPR)

Last edited:
If it's in his body, unfortunatly, for me and with informations ingame, apart from a miracle, I really don't know how V could survive in his body :(
If V is in Mikoshi (engram) and Alt go in Mikoshi, V disappears like all the others engrams ("will be part of a great whole", we don't really know what it is...)
But we don't know anything about Mr Blue Eyes, maybe him :)

(sorry, i'm the worst for imagine a future story, i leave that at CDPR)

With Alt, it seems she's for the freedom to choose (when V can give Johnny the body or keep it). So I wonder why she insists of keeping the digitized psyches of politicians, actors etc. by merging them into the 'greater whole'. If there was technology that could easily replace Relic 2.0 injecting these psyches into bodies, then she could simply send a copy of the engram into the replacement-bodies. She'd not lose out on anything since she's already keeping the 'original' merged into herself.

Hell, Alt could actively make a copy, make adjustments (brainwashing?) and inject the result through Relic 3.0 into vat-grown clones using customized DNA for each 'person'. She could also inject copies of herself (and Johnny) into vat-grown customized bodies. And I wonder if blue eyed man is just such a product of an AI injected into the blank slate of a man (brain-dead? Coma?).

For Alt, if you do the star ending, she lost all pity and humanity.
She help V only for destroy Mikoshi. More terrifying, in Mikoshi, when you said "Thanks Alt", she answers "Are you sur ?". Honestly, Alt his the most terrifying character in Cyberpunk :D

Guest 4412420

If one can't do it, and two can't, how about all three? That would be an interesting concept for a DLC, to get all 3 to work together. Recruiting the through sidemissions, for them to join the same mission. On the moon? Or orbital clinic? Just thinking out loud.
This kind of scenario would only work if all three of them had an interest in saving V, but Alt and Hellman have no reason to help. Their not V's friends, Alt already got what she wanted and as you mentioned, Hellman is out of V's reach.

Besides, post-ending V's problem is no longer caused by the biochip, so Judy wouldn't be able to help anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a commercial that says "genes don't fit you ".......( can't remember which co. ) get a gene map from alt and have them do the corrections.....done ....they talk about changing people and pets should be no problem

You can't realy "save" him.
In every end you have two possibilities :
- dying in six mounth
- being dematerialized

The question is about human soul all along. In the hand where Takemura comes to you with the arasaka contract you can sign to be puted in mikoshi until they can find a solution. I refused : the contract sais that you have to renonce your rights as a human being. That's mean symbolically and legally to be a object, property of Arasaka. It would be ignoring all the path and evolution of the character.... So diying as a human being seams to be more important.

I'l try other ending for my chars but, as à could see all the path have 2 possibilities.

You can't realy "save" him.
In every end you have two possibilities :
- dying in six mounth
- being dematerialized

The question is about human soul all along. In the hand where Takemura comes to you with the arasaka contract you can sign to be puted in mikoshi until they can find a solution. I refused : the contract sais that you have to renonce your rights as a human being. That's mean symbolically and legally to be a object, property of Arasaka. It would be ignoring all the path and evolution of the character.... So diying as a human being seams to be more important.

I'l try other ending for my chars but, as à could see all the path have 2 possibilities.
To quote someone about V :
"his goose is cooked" :D

Thing is, we can get stuck on lore stuff all we want but at the end of the day narrative is always king (at least with this story). Lore is always going to be maleable to the narrative's needs.

With that in mind, what we have is a story about trying to save V's life, which we never really achieve - therefore the whole story becomes pointless... unless there's DLC that ends up dealing with it. Sans DLC, the only way in which it wouldn't have felt pointless is if one of the major themes of the story was about the acceptance of one's own mortality, such that we wouldn't expect them to survive and where V is shown to have made her peace... but that's really not explored in this.

So yeah, the story DLC is probably going to deal with this in some way. Also, hardly anyone talks about the fact that Panam straight up texts V saying she has a plan to help with the Relic. We still have no idea what the hell she was talking about.

Also, hardly anyone talks about the fact that Panam straight up texts V saying she has a plan to help with the Relic. We still have no idea what the hell she was talking about.
Yes, weird message :(
For me, it's just Panam and Saul's plan for enter in Arasaka tower. As strange as it sounds the moment she sends it.
(Just before, V explains the problem to her a little bit, she says she's having a hard time grasping it and V ends up saying that she/he doesn't yet know what she/he's going to do)

Yes, weird message :(
For me, it's just Panam and Saul's plan for enter in Arasaka tower (as strange as it sounds the moment she sends it).

Doesn't make sense because Panam doesn't even know about Mikoshi yet. The timeline:

1. You help Panam with her side stuff.
2. You collapse at the nomad camp, you tell Panam the following info: a) you've got the relic, b) Johnny's overwriting your mind, c) Hellman invented the tech. Panam knows nothing else. Doesn't know about Mikoshi, Alt, the blueprints, none of that.
3. After you leave camp Panam texts you saying they have a plan to help you with Relic. Doesn't elaborate.
4. Later on you meet with Hanako at Embers.
5. You call Panam asking her to get you into Mikoshi. Panam is confused but goes along with it anyway.
6. THEN the nomads formulate a plan to enter Arasaka tower. Ergo, this is nothing to do with the text Panam sent earlier.

Of course, all of this could be a plot hole and the texts were supposed to be cut from the game. Or it's something to do with DLC, who knows.

Yes, you're right ;)

Just reload a save for read the message (i hope it's the same in english and my translation is not wrong).

Panam :
"I hope you are making progress with your biochip problem."
V :
"We are starting to run out of time ... the chances of overcoming all this are diminishing."
Panam :
"Look, Saul and I, we've been thinking about a way to get the family back on track. We have a plan."
"But the most important thing is that we may be able to help you"

V :
"What kind of plan?"
Panam :
"TRUST ME !"
"If everything goes according to plan, then ... well let's say that the train breakage will be nothing next"

Sadly, nothing about the Arasaka Tower or the Relic :(
If it's for Arasaka tower, it's a bug (send message too early or else).
If it's about Relic it could be a remainder of content cut or a little teaser for futur DLC.

(I hope it's not too different in English, because there, it would be inevitable that we don't see things the same)

Last edited:
Yup, indeed. It's really wierd because you'd think Panam would elaborate on that text when you call her about Mikoshi, but nope, nada. There's a minor bit in the epilogue where Panam says something like, "we've gotten people out of worst situation than this", so that's something.

P.S. The text is pretty much the same! (y)

Doesn't make sense because Panam doesn't even know about Mikoshi yet. The timeline:

1. You help Panam with her side stuff.
2. You collapse at the nomad camp, you tell Panam the following info: a) you've got the relic, b) Johnny's overwriting your mind, c) Hellman invented the tech. Panam knows nothing else. Doesn't know about Mikoshi, Alt, the blueprints, none of that.
3. After you leave camp Panam texts you saying they have a plan to help you with Relic. Doesn't elaborate.
4. Later on you meet with Hanako at Embers.
5. You call Panam asking her to get you into Mikoshi. Panam is confused but goes along with it anyway.
6. THEN the nomads formulate a plan to enter Arasaka tower. Ergo, this is nothing to do with the text Panam sent earlier.

Of course, all of this could be a plot hole and the texts were supposed to be cut from the game. Or it's something to do with DLC, who knows.

Mmmm, reading this, my mind started to come up with some ideas of why this happens.

Panam and the Nomads may have transported prototype-tech with technical-specification shards.

How it might have happened;

-Panam and the Nomads are tasked with transporting a crate from [unnamed university] with technology - a Soulkiller-program on a portable unit. It was used to load the psyches of rodents onto shards and visa versa. The shards describe the process of this transfer used on the rodents and how much success they've had with the trials.

The designated receiver never shows up, and they gets antsy, they don't want to sit on a crate with unknown goods for long. After a while they open the crate and read the shards (specifically; Panam does). The idea of transferring psyches to shards back and forth is now something she remembers. That's all she knows.

The unit itself is at a location only known to Panam and her closest associates. Her idea is to use this to a) upload V's mind onto a shard, b) reset her body so it can be used to accept the psycho, and c) transfer V's psyche from the shard into her prepped body.

And why should V be rescued at all in this dystopia?
Because I, as a player, feel better about the experience when I win.

And if you die at the end, it's not much of a win at all. Even if V accomplished every goal but died, it still feels hollow from an entertainment standpoint. I mean, someone can argue left and right that it's "realistic" or whatever, but I didn't buy a game for real life, I bought it to escape real life, if only for a bit. A little catharsis.

My catharsis should not leave me more depressed.

So I'd rather there be a happily-ever-after ending for V, if there is a choice.

Because I, as a player, feel better about the experience when I win.

And if you die at the end, it's not much of a win at all. Even if V accomplished every goal but died, it still feels hollow from an entertainment standpoint. I mean, someone can argue left and right that it's "realistic" or whatever, but I didn't buy a game for real life, I bought it to escape real life, if only for a bit. A little catharsis.

My catharsis should not leave me more depressed.

So I'd rather there be a happily-ever-after ending for V, if there is a choice.
You don't like drama movies, no ? :)

Top Bottom