How to save V (certain spoilers)

+
Mike pondsmith said he has been pretty active in the process from what he said in interviews. Nothing he has said in interviews suggests he dislikes what they did with Johnny, or the plotline.
He stated he was involved early on absolutely agree. And there was back and forth communication during. Doesn't make it his story as well as many of it was Red not being so different than 2077 .

Never said he hated the story. He also has never said he loved the story. He's a corporate partner and not going to crap the bed.

I have read this fanfic recently, it was unfinished, but the story is so good! It is set after the ending with nomads. The story takes place with them leaving and heading to 'New Vegas' to see this ripper doc, who runs the live BD show as an entertainment show.. XD it's fkin epic. Can't remember exactly, but it's very good (and I didn't bookmark it being the idiot i am, so maybe will come across it again at some point..)

If one can't do it, and two can't, how about all three? That would be an interesting concept for a DLC, to get all 3 to work together. Recruiting the through sidemissions, for them to join the same mission. On the moon? Or orbital clinic? Just thinking out loud.

What if you didn't romance Judy (as female V), or is male V? How do you recruit her? And we all know NetWatch is on Alt's digital butt. Anders Hellman is protected by Arasaka Corporation, how to break in and 'rescue' to guy (if he's even willing)?

If V is digitized and uploaded in the Devil-ending, is this the end for that play-through? Or will Alt use her armies to invade Mikoshi, by linking to the satellite-network though a proxy launched into space?

And why should V be rescued at all in this dystopia?
There is a hint from Blue Eyes in the last lines of dialogue of the Sun ending (I think -- the one in space that isn't the Devil; I haven't done the nomad ending) that the mission that closes out the story involves one last chance for V to stay alive. It's a hint only so I'm not sure whether it was intended.

Incidentally, playing the game I was never given the assumption that V *could* be saved, but that it *might* be possible and probably *wasn't*. The only clear route was Arasaka, whom it was clear we couldn't trust. The Alt route was ambiguous and always struck me as presented as "we can try".

Also incidentally, the approach to endings seems to be polarising people as much as something like Alien 3 (the ending of which, personally, I love).

Last edited:
Incidentally, playing the game I was never given the assumption that V *could* be saved, but that it *might* be possible and probably *wasn't*. The only clear route was Arasaka, whom it was clear we couldn't trust. The Alt route was ambiguous and always struck me as presented as "we can try".

Also incidentally, the approach to endings seems to be polarising people as much as something like Alien 3 (the ending of which, personally, I love).

Sure, it's like Lord of the Rings, the overarching objective is to destroy the ring but, for the characters, it's very difficult to do, their chances are extremely low, etc. But as an audience we're made to expect that the matter of the ring will be resolved by the end of the story because that's how the whole thing is structured and that's what all the plot threads are converging on.

With Cyberpunk77, Its kind of interesting to me because while some of the endings do feel final and resolved, the Star and Sun endings don't, and leave the story's main premise feeling incomplete and vaguely-cliff-hangery. Which I'm fine with if I know that this is supposed to be part of a series or a trilogy or whatever.

But with CP77 I'm genuinely unclear on what CDPR's plan is supposed to be. Like, are they planning to resolve it later or was that supposed to be it?:shrug: I'm still thinking DLC, because of those hints (like the one you mentioned), but we'll see I suppose...

Come to think of it, has anyone actually asked the writers about this?

I think you have to assume some intention to tie it all together via DLC. It seems unlikely they'd want to introduce a whole new player character with DLC unless the DLC they originally planned was as large as the game itself (!).

Top Bottom