How to solve script compilation issues when launching the game with mods

+
ok i understand, but, must there be a "modBaseScripts" folder inside the "Mods" folder? if so, what must be inside it? what "Scripts" folder?
You don't need to have anything but mods inside your Mods folder. Scripts folder is located under "The Witcher 3\content\content0" folder.

Wasteland_Ghost
You don't have any solution for this error?
I have tried everything and only of this message
Error [content0]engine\physicsworld.ws(9): Cannot find structure 'SCollisionInfo' to import
Read Nexus forum posts I linked earlier. I gathered everything I know there. This looks like incorrect updating problem/older mod problem.

Do you people know how to solve this script error?

Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(108): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(109): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(110): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(111): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(112): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(113): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(114): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(115): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(116): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(117): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(118): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(119): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(120): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(121): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(122): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(123): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(124): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(125): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(126): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(127): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(129): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(130): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(131): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(132): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(133): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(134): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(135): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(136): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(137): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(138): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(139): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(140): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(141): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'
Error [content0]game\geralt_templates.ws(142): Could not find function 'AddMultipleSkills'

It is cause by the 1.10 patch while trying this mod that is not updated yet: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...r3/ajax/moddescription/?id=336&preview=&pUp=1

I know we have to wait, etc...but I see people solving problems from mods. So maybe somebody can help.

Last edited:
hen I updated the game I couldn't launch the game.

Compilation error was that a CR4HudModuleMessage class was already defined, pointing to:

content0\scripts\game\gui\hud\modules\hudModuleMessage.ws.ws

Got to the folder and there were two hudModuleMessage.

hudModuleMessage.ws (older)
hudModuleMessage.ws.ws (new)

Deleted the older one and renamed the new one to one ws only (not needed to rename but did anyway :p)

Long story short, there are 2 files, delete the older (look the time stamps) and you're good

EDIT:

Looks like it can happen with another files too but I think the problem is the same, so is the solution.

I do these solution, it is wrong?

How to fix Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone (1.10) Mod Compile errors

Hi, I just made a tutorial video how to fix the error.

1. Go to \content\content0\scripts\game\behavior_tree\tasks
2. Delete (Not rename) Hacks folder
3. If you still get errors make sure your mods are compatible with 1.10 patch

Last edited:
Hi, I just made a tutorial video how to fix the error.

1. Go to \content\content0\scripts\game\behavior_tree\tasks
2. Delete (Not rename) Hacks folder
3. If you still get errors make sure your mods are compatible with 1.10 patch

Guys, please, stop giving advices about deleting something from the game! You're creating potential problems for gamers and for modders.

If you've updated your game properly and using 1.10 compatible mods, everything should work without a need to delete/move/install anything!

I an going to copy-paste this text here after all, because I have mod users, reading this thread, following all the "delete-it" and "create modBaseScripts" advices and then having problems with the game/mod.

How to update your modded game to patch 1.10 properly (use this method if you have problems with game/mods after patch 1.10)

Note: read to the end before starting making any changes!

1. Backup your <Path To The Witcher 3>\Mods and <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3 folders to some place safe.
2. Delete <Path To The Witcher 3>\Mods folder to make sure you have no leftover 1.08 mods and merges.
3. Delete <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3\input.settings, <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3\input.settings.bak, <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3\user.settings and <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3\user.settings.bak to both make sure all changes from patch 1.10 are applied properly and that you don't have leftover changes from 1.08 mods.
4. Delete <Path To The Witcher 3>\content\content0\scripts folder and <Path To The Witcher 3>\content\content0\x64.final.redscripts file.
5. Delete <Path To The Witcher 3>\bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\input.xml file.
6. If you have ever edited ini files in <Path To The Witcher 3>\bin\config folder delete the whole <Path To The Witcher 3>\bin\config folder to make sure you graphics and keybindings settings are vanilla.
7. If you ever had reshade or console enabler, remove them from the game folder. If unsure what to remove, delete the whole <Path To The Witcher 3>\bin folder.
8. Verify the game using Steam/GOG game files verification option.
9. Run the game once to let it create default settings files.
10. Install mods one by one, make sure that mods you're installing were updated to work with patch 1.10.

And another piece of advice:
If you're constantly having problems with modifying game files, move your Steam/GOG library or just The Witcher 3 install folder out of the Program Files folder tree.

Last edited:
1. Backup your <Path To The Witcher 3>\Mods and <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3 folders to some place safe.
2. Delete <Path To The Witcher 3>\Mods folder to make sure you have no leftover 1.08 mods and merges.
3. Delete <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3\input.settings, <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3\input.settings.bak, <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3\user.settings and <Path To My Documents>\The Witcher 3\user.settings.bak to both make sure all changes from patch 1.10 are applied properly and that you don't have leftover changes from 1.08 mods.
4. Delete <Path To The Witcher 3>\content\content0\scripts folder and <Path To The Witcher 3>\content\content0\x64.final.redscripts file.
5. Delete <Path To The Witcher 3>\bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\input.x ml file.
6. If you have ever edited ini files in <Path To The Witcher 3>\bin\config folder delete the whole <Path To The Witcher 3>\bin\config folder to make sure you graphics and keybindings settings are vanilla.
7. If you ever had reshade or console enabler, remove them from the game folder. If unsure what to remove, delete the whole <Path To The Witcher 3>\bin folder.
8. Verify the game using Steam/GOG game files verification option.
9. Run the game once to let it create default settings files.
10. Install mods one by one, make sure that mods you're installing were updated to work with patch 1.10.

I was very frustrated with the compile error, and deleting the hacks folder resolved my problem. That's why I posted the tutorial.
I'm gonna give your method a try, but I see yours also delete some folders in content0... so I'm a bit confused.

I'm gonna give your method a try, but I see yours also delete some folders in content0... so I'm a bit confused.
I delete them only to let the game re-download proper ones. I do have files you suggested to delete and mods work properly for me.

The most common problems seem to be duplicated and leftover files. I suggest deleting folders which can contain such files to make sure they're gone and let the game re-download everything it needs. It takes about 100 MB of files worst case.

Error [modbasescripts]engine\physicsworld.ws(9): Cannot find structure 'SCollisionInfo' to import
Error [modbasescripts]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [modbasescripts]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [modbasescripts]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [modbasescripts]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.
Error [content0]game\cameras\exploration\driftcamera.ws(131): Class 'CCameraRotationControllerDrift' already defined.

just follow this and still have problems, need help....

Need a moment to vent here...

Had everything working perfectly then No Level Requirements was updated by the mod author so I removed the patch version and installed the update.

It doesn't work, so I delete it and put the working version back.

Get a CR4player already exported error for the r4player file in merged scripts I didn't get before the mod change, so i use Kdiff and check.

Now I'm back to getting all those bloody geralt_template errors from before and I'm going to have to yet again delete all the mods and restart. Why the HELL is modding this game so bloody difficult?

I've reinstaled witcher 3 > instaled 1.01 > instaled 1.10 > instaled all DLCS > instaled heart of stone
I created "mods" folder in my witcher 3 directory and placed only mods that change textures - all of them work.
however when I try to put a script that changes files (igni camera change), i have the errors:

Error [content0]game\temp.ws(8926): Could not find function 'AddSessionTag'
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(8931): Could not find function 'RemoveSessionTag'
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(10688): Cannot call exec function 'XDPPrintUserStats' from scripts instead of the console.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(10693): Cannot call exec function 'XDPPrintUserAchievement' from scripts instead of the console.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(11163): Could not find function 'SetGameProgress'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(151): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(160): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(236): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(1631): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(2375): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\player\player.ws(1079): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modignicamerachange]game\player\r4player.ws(8204): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modignicamerachange]game\player\r4player.ws(11017): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modignicamerachange]game\player\r4player.ws(12971): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(3834): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(4191): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(4622): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(5131): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(160): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(173): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(709): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(3143): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(1658): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatI32'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(1059): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(1060): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(1064): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(2627): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(2691): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(320): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(324): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(332): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatFlt'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(363): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatFlt'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(482): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(1532): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\usevehicle.ws(1615): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'

I've reinstaled witcher 3 > instaled 1.01 > instaled 1.10 > instaled all DLCS > instaled heart of stone
I created "mods" folder in my witcher 3 directory and placed only mods that change textures - all of them work.
however when I try to put a script that changes files (igni camera change), i have the errors:

Error [content0]game\temp.ws(8926): Could not find function 'AddSessionTag'
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(8931): Could not find function 'RemoveSessionTag'
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(10688): Cannot call exec function 'XDPPrintUserStats' from scripts instead of the console.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(10693): Cannot call exec function 'XDPPrintUserAchievement' from scripts instead of the console.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(11163): Could not find function 'SetGameProgress'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(151): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(160): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(236): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(1631): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(2375): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\player\player.ws(1079): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modignicamerachange]game\player\r4player.ws(8204): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modignicamerachange]game\player\r4player.ws(11017): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modignicamerachange]game\player\r4player.ws(12971): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(3834): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(4191): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(4622): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(5131): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(160): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(173): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(709): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(3143): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(1658): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatI32'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(1059): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(1060): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(1064): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(2627): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(2691): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(320): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(324): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(332): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatFlt'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(363): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatFlt'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(482): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(1532): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\usevehicle.ws(1615): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'

Navigate to this directory: <Witcher 3 Install Path>\content\content0\scripts\game\behavior_tree\ tasks and delete the 'hacks' folder. If you want to keep that folder, move it to some where else on your PC "not in the game folder". Now you should not have any errors.

I have tried all kinds of ways to get my game to work now, and i have gotten the list of issues shorter but these still remain

Error [modbasescripts]engine\physicsworld.ws(9): Cannot find structure 'SCollisionInfo' to import
Error [modbasescripts]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [modbasescripts]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [modbasescripts]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [modbasescripts]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.
Error [content0]game\cameras\exploration\driftcamera.ws(131): Class 'CCameraRotationControllerDrift' already defined.

Anyone have any idea what I can do? I have tried to delete all my mods but it still doesn't work. I just wanna play!

I have tried all kinds of ways to get my game to work now, and i have gotten the list of issues shorter but these still remain

Anyone have any idea what I can do? I have tried to delete all my mods but it still doesn't work. I just wanna play!

all those errors are "already defined" meaning you got duplicate files..... go to the directories where the files are and delete the duplicates

all those errors are "already defined" meaning you got duplicate files..... go to the directories where the files are and delete the duplicates

Thanks

Right, now I have deleted all the duplicates but now i get the following:

Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmoduletimeleft.ws(30): Unknown type 'EHudTimeOutAction' for property 'action'.
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(47): Unknown type 'SEnchantmentFilters' for property 'currentFilters'.
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(175): Unknown type 'SEnchantmentSchematic' for property 'schematic'.
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\enchantingmenu.ws(392): Unknown type 'SEnchantmentSchematic' for property 'enchantSchematic'.
Error [content0]game\gameplay\crafting\enchantmentmanager.ws(3): Unknown type 'array:2,0,SEnchantmentSchematic' for property 'schematics'.
Error [content0]game\gameplay\crafting\enchantmentmanager.ws(23): Unknown type 'SEnchantmentSchematic' for property 'ret'.
Error [content0]game\gameplay\crafting\enchantmentmanager.ws(47): Unknown type 'SEnchantmentSchematic' for property 'schem'.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\conditions\btcondisattackcountgreaterthanlimit.ws(11): Unknown type 'CExtendedAICombatStorage' for property 'combatDataStorage'.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\conditions\btcondisattackcountgreaterthanlimit.ws(49): Unknown type 'CExtendedAICombatStorage' for property 'combatDataStorage'.
Error [content0]game\gameplay\crafting\enchantmentmanager.ws(101): Unknown type 'SEnchantmentSchematic' for property '__ret'.
Error [content0]game\gameplay\crafting\enchantmentmanager.ws(108): Unknown type 'SEnchantmentSchematic' for property 'schem'.

It's never gonna end is it?

i think you deleted the 1.10 ones instead of the 1.08 ones :D

just go back to page 11 and see Wasteland_Ghost post on how to fix it

Top Bottom