How to stop beard growth?

+
That would mean Geralt has to perform mutations and rituals to turn into a woman.

Not sure I'd want that.

Mine only grows after a couple minutes into a cutscene. Literally clean shaven to full beard in a few milliseconds. ~laughs~

How do I choose a facial hair style? The only options I see are these:
1. Shaved head and pony tail
2. Long hair let down
3. Just a shave

Although I can't find it at this time, there was a dev diary kind of thing before launch that said the developers didn't feel like the beard should grow out if a person used one of the free DLC styles, so they turned that function off when a player uses the DLC style. Basically, if you chose a beard-free style, and it was from the DLC (and not just the shaven in-game mechanic), then it ought to stick that way.

Another player recently said they felt the beard was still growing, but I think they confused the simple shaven in-game mechanic as one from the DLC.

I didn't know the DLCs were already available for download, because I naively expected them to just show up in the downloads page for the game (didn't know you have to "buy" them). Anyway, I have now installed the beard DLC and everything's good.

luc0s

Forum veteran
get a goatee. im pretty sure it wont grow if you choose a facial hair style.

I'm not sure if this is true. I never tried a goatee but I did try a trimmed beard and after a couple of fast-travels it grew back to a longer beard.

The fact that facial hair grows back after a while and you have to frequently shave it if you want to keep a clean-shaven Geralt is something I actually really like. It adds realism and immersion to the game. Seeing your beard grow back really gives you the feeling that you've been on the road for a long time. I love it.

The fact that facial hair grows back after a while and you have to frequently shave it if you want to keep a clean-shaven Geralt is something I actually really like. It adds realism and immersion to the game. Seeing your beard grow back really gives you the feeling that you've been on the road for a long time. I love it.

Please explain how it adds realism and immersion to go from clean shaven to Santa-mode in two or three days, if even that.

Please explain how it adds realism and immersion to go from clean shaven to Santa-mode in two or three days, if even that.

There are certain parts of the story, or if you fast travel great distances, that will make the beard grow, regardless of when you shaved.

Also, there is a bug that sometimes crop up with hairworks, that the first bit of stubble beard is shown as full beard instead of shown as it should ,a short stubbly beard. It grew properly again for me when I reinstalled the game from scratch.

luc0s

Forum veteran

It doesn't?

I never noticed his beard growing back that fast. It usually happens whenever you fast-travel. And it never goes from clean-shaven to full-Santa, it goes in steps. I find that realistic. It's certainly more realistic than no beard growth at all.

What? You don't want your Geralt to have the pedo-mustashe that appears after a clean shave?

Finally, someone who understands my woes.

I shaved clean and went like two weeks in game and it only got scruffy. Must be a bug if it grows faster. Just got the DLC(thought it would automatically download, didn't know there were already like five out) and got mutton chops, will that grow? Not that I care as 5/10 crowns for a shave/haircut is nothing.

btw mutton chops and the elven hair make geralt looks like an seasoned badass.

It doesn't?

I never noticed his beard growing back that fast. It usually happens whenever you fast-travel. And it never goes from clean-shaven to full-Santa, it goes in steps. I find that realistic. It's certainly more realistic than no beard growth at all.

I know it goes in steps, but that doesn't change the time it takes. For me it usually goes from short-cropped to fully grown out in three quest stages or so, meaning it can be short-cropped when you head into a cave and has somehow magically grown out entirely by the time you get out of it. Sometimes it would even be short at the beginning of a cutscene and long at the end of it. So eventually I just gave up on shaving and went for goatee.

I just don't see why it shouldn't be an option to pick a beard style and have it stay that way.

Top Bottom