how to use firestream

+
how to use firestream

It does not stagger an enemy at all, so if i use it on drowners, they just come up and punch me in the face.. It seems prretty useless unless Im fighting someting incredibly slow.

What is the proper way to use it

It does not stagger an enemy at all, so if i use it on drowners, they just come up and punch me in the face.. It seems prretty useless unless Im fighting someting incredibly slow.

What is the proper way to use it

You start the combat with it , as you aproach from afar(so you got some space), you use it to weaken enemy armor .... you can also combine it with yrden if enemys are too fast .

It forces a burning effect, and it does a lot of damage, plus it works as a stun of sorts.

You need to cast it right after you dodge an attack, or you risk getting hit.

Yrden makes it's use MUCH easier :)

Also, it's not very good against really fast and jumpy targets, big slow hard hitters is what I use it on mostly, melts Leshens for example [Death March, 98% sign intensity]

when i use igni, it staggersand burns, but firestream does not.. Its better to just igni a bunch of downers to stagger them then cut them down.
In videos, firestream is actual fire, but mine is short range sparks.. :S

I was also disappointed with it, doesn't seem to work too well, but I'll try to experiment more.

I use it exclusively on Werewolves and Vampires to stop their regen and cut them up. There are better signs to deal with other opponents. The way I use Firestream is shoot it briefly and see if the enemy catches fire, if it does, continue to burn it else dodge and retry; because if they arent ablaze, they can still attack and on higher difficulties... it hurts :p

the trick is to stand far away enough so that they can't hit you before they start burning.
It is extremly powerful, the damage is insane and you can kill groups of enemies with incredible ease.
It also burns shields.

You have to do it a little early when fighting. The burn effect only starts after about a second of igni stream so keep a bit of distance and spray it just before it gets to lunge at you. When it's fully upgraded it does great damage.

Top Bottom