How we got here

+
Your opinion is just as valid as mine. The question now becomes player base. Given the Gwent uninstalled club, poor throne breaker sales, and general dissatisfaction among Witcher 3 vets, the size of the player base is a concern. If it does not grow then Gwent will continue to be a financial disappointment for CDPR and will eventually likely end the game/sport. Only time will tell.
Nah, I think mine is pretty objective. I dont think you've really thought through your points before spilling them over.

Having 2 cards instead of 3 makes balancing Engines more viable - and its not as oppressive as it was.

Two rows give more incentive to Movement and Row based synergies - which is deeper than it looks.

Drawing unlimited cards was a pain which messed up balance which is beautifully done now.

GWENT has a much better base than what it was in Beta and it can only get better now.

Nah, I think mine is pretty objective. I dont think you've really thought through your points before spilling them over.

Having 2 cards instead of 3 makes balancing Engines more viable - and its not as oppressive as it was.

Two rows give more incentive to Movement and Row based synergies - which is deeper than it looks.

Drawing unlimited cards was a pain which messed up balance which is beautifully done now.

GWENT has a much better base than what it was in Beta and it can only get better now.
Man, you really dreaming :)

... I like the 2 rows - engines are balanced...
Subjective and no, Engines are far, far from balanced. Especially with Orders, Zeal and Stacking. It is ugly is what it is.

... There is indeed factional identities and lastly ranked is done wonderfully viable for both casual and competitive players...
There are more factional identities than a month ago, but still nowhere near than what we had during the entire Beta days. Especially NG feels really bland, to a point that they will rework the entire faction because of it. How come?

... Gwent is better than it ever was, period.
Again a highly subjective and biased opinion.

(Meanders into the room.)

Things are alright, but let's just be sure we're focusing on the games...not the quality of other people's opinions. We all know what that leads to.

(He pauses, then quick-draws a pistol and fires a round across the room. There is the distinctive *plat!* of a marshmallow impact. A small, gooey mark appears on a hanging copy of the Forum Regs, adorning its corner like a seal.)

2. I just can't get with 2 rows. It is so silly to me that when they finally make units abilities row specific they reduced the number of rows to reduce the number of options. Strategy is all about choices, you restrict the choices you limit the strategy. Moreover, the notions of reach, weather, spying, row limits, etc... are all impaired when the size and scope of the field are reduced.

Agree with you here, only 2 rows makes them almost meaningless strategy-wise. Just added annoyance.

Top Bottom