How well is the PS4 version running for you? (Performance - wise)

+

How well is the PS4 version running for you? (Performance - wise)

• It runs like a dream - how is this possible?

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Occasional stutter but doesn't detract from my enjoyment.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Performance noticeably drops fairly often - killing my immersion.

Votes: 57 42.9%
  • Constant performance fluctuations - putting game on hold until it's playable.

Votes: 36 27.1%

• Total voters
Performance is just fine for me and many others. Couldn't be happier and I am still playing the game, have been since launch, no problems here. Slaying monsters and looting is so much fun. Mainstream gamers expect too much and are impossible to please, thus refusing to play because of trivial things that don't affect the actual gameplay. Feels good to know you guys are miserable and can't play your game. Theres nothing wrong with it. Your only punishing yourselves which is what you guys deserve anyways and brings me pleasure in knowing it. CD Projekt Red made a kick ass game that runs great and all you guys do is whine and complain. Totally insensitive and and ungrateful. Hope they never patch the already great game, so you tools will disappear and find some other game to slowly suck the life from.

As for the xbox guy..What are you? Rainman of FPS? Your eyes can calculate fps as you play? Do you realize there is no way to accurately tell what consoles run at fps wise? Its as accurate as carbon dating. Also, you might want to research what locking fps does, its obvious you don't know. Because it doesn't mean it locks it at the games fps at 30fps, it simply doesn't allow fps to go above 30fps. So all those low frames didn't magically disappear, only the rose tainted glasses your wearing is hiding them from your view. Performance wise, your game should not have changed much if at all with the lock. You xbox guys see a "30 fps lock" and think thats where its going to run now.. its hilarious. On top of that, you realize xbox1 has a weaker gpu than the ps4? On top it runs in 720p where the ps4 runs at 1080p? lol Good stuff though. Thanks for giving me a good laugh. Glad you wasted your time trading in your console and collectors edition to play the same game on an xbox. Totally the highlight of my day. Even still, the performance factors between the two consoles is minimal. Its like saying pepsi is better than coke. Or the best hamburger is the whopper compared to the big mac. If you are concerned about fps performance and graphics, you need to purchase a PC. But hell, this whole conversation is bound to go right over your head as its clear you lack the ability to rationally think or produce a thought that is your own.

Lol at your low expectations! Dont wanna see your GF looks like

Apart from the camera stutter the game itself seems to run good. That said, due to the camera stutter I haven't played past White Orchard, and most people complain that it's after that the frame issues start.

Lol at your low expectations! Dont wanna see your GF looks like

adar adar adar {{sarcastic laugh}} your insult is really deep bro. Jeez. Going to reevaluate my whole life now as its clear now my expectations for everything have been below your standards.

Am I pissed? Yea, you guys act like CDPR did you all wrong by making the best game ever and its not even 2 weeks old but you'd think the issues you all complain about have been going on for ages. Disrespect is off the hinges. Its repulsive and makes me shameful to be a gamer. I was gaming back when gamers got made fun of, singled out and beat up. Its apparent now those same A-holes play my games because its suddenly the 'new new' and come here/twitter/tube and talk trash because theyre the cool kids. Makes me sick and if I offended people with my previous statements, good, because I am constantly offended by the endless stream of nastiness towards CDPR and the masterpiece of the Witcher 3. One of the last legit game companies and people can't even muster up a fragment of respect for them. Go to their twitter account, people saying game is unplayable and they were robbed and just amazing the shit people say when they can hide behind a monitor. Yet, we expect to get respect back? We expect be treated nice? We expect free things? We expect for them to care about us? What a delusional bunch of self entitled ingrates. Like I said, for those who are suffering because the game is unplayable for them, good, makes me happy to hear because for the rest of us, the game is still playable and we are having a great time.

adar adar adar {{sarcastic laugh}} your insult is really deep bro. Jeez. Going to reevaluate my whole life now as its clear now my expectations for everything have been below your standards.

Am I pissed? Yea, you guys act like CDPR did you all wrong by making the best game ever and its not even 2 weeks old but you'd think the issues you all complain about have been going on for ages. Disrespect is off the hinges. Its repulsive and makes me shameful to be a gamer. I was gaming back when gamers got made fun of, singled out and beat up. Its apparent now those same A-holes play my games because its suddenly the 'new new' and come here/twitter/tube and talk trash because theyre the cool kids. Makes me sick and if I offended people with my previous statements, good, because I am constantly offended by the endless stream of nastiness towards CDPR and the masterpiece of the Witcher 3. One of the last legit game companies and people can't even muster up a fragment of respect for them. Go to their twitter account, people saying game is unplayable and they were robbed and just amazing the shit people say when they can hide behind a monitor. Yet, we expect to get respect back? We expect be treated nice? We expect free things? We expect for them to care about us? What a delusional bunch of self entitled ingrates. Like I said, for those who are suffering because the game is unplayable for them, good, makes me happy to hear because for the rest of us, the game is still playable and we are having a great time.

Honestly, you're the kind of "gamer" we see on Fox News in 2 months from now because he shot up a school.
The rage and complete unhinged nonsense you wrote down about "respect", "a-holes who play my games make me sick" and "self entitled ingrates" in that wall of diatribe is just frightening. Sorry mate, but a breakdown like that is just not healthy. Put your games away, stop this white knight crusade and kiss a loved one.

I just want a solid 30 fps btw. Sorry if that came over as "self entitled" to you.

Actually the "endless stream of nastiness" was directed to you assholes who think it's OK to come to a technical support board and call us liars about the performance issues. Most of us see this near-masterpiece for what it is and just want to be able to play it without going cross-eyed. You must already be if you don't see any performance issues at all. Game's perfect right? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE????

Last edited:
Actually the "endless stream of nastiness" was directed to you assholes who think it's OK to come to a technical support board and call us liars about the performance issues. Most of us see this near-masterpiece for what it is and just want to be able to play it without going cross-eyed. You must already be if you don't see any performance issues at all. Game's perfect right? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE????

Yep. Well said.

runs alright. loading times very long. some focus issues. minor hiccups

for the most part the game has run good for me. i do notice some slowdown when scrolling on the world map (when in city mode) it gets kind of choppy. also ive seen numerous instances during cutscenes where game is paused for a second and the picture is out of focus, it usually focuses back again after a few seconds. the main issue ive seen is long load times after death. ive started timing with a stopwatch and im getting consistently more than 1 minute load times after death. on harder parts this can be maddening as penalty for dying is much worse when you have to wait over a minute to try again. the game seems to run surprisingly well when moving quickly through the landscape while on Roach. Im surprised there is not more stutter. Ive also seen multiple PS4 errors while playing this game, so i tend to save very often just in case it crashes on me. if im playing for 4-5 hours it usually will crash once. just beat it yesterday. it was a great game. am going for 2nd run through now on Blood and Broken Bones.

Still no 1.07 on hungarian psn, so nothing has changed, runs like crap in some areas. As I can see with the new patch it will be much worse :p Just what i wanted! Fuck consistent framerate! :D

Running well for me. Only issues really are that every now and then the screen "freezes"/stutters/goes out of focus & comes back in. Lasts a second maybe. Then picks up again. AND, the fact the the gwent card trophy won't pop after I got the last 196th card...

Top Bottom