How Well will my machine run this game?

+
How Well will my machine run this game?

I've played and played the demo--awesomest demo ever!--and once I get a coming big life project finished, I'm going to get this game to reward myself, I think. I'm pulling a stable 32+ fps in the Vizima outskirts, but I've heard later sections of the game are more demanding. I'm also wondering about loading times in later sections of the game. I'm runningVista 642 MB RAMAthlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz processornVidia 8800 GTS 320 MBWill my Athlon processor be up to the more intensive portions of the game? I'm okay with slowish (~24 fps) framerates for small portions of the game, but I HATE HATE HATE jarring stutters where I loose several frames at once.Also, would I see a significant drop in load times if I went to 4GB--something I've been thinking about anyway?(The truth is that I'm almost certain to get this game and I'm really excited about it but I want to have reasonable performance expectations so that I don't get too fussy about what happens when I'm beyond the demo. Also, if going to 4GB improves load times a lot, I might want to go ahead and shell out that $40 now so it's ready when I finish this coming life project.)

you will lose frame rates in the later chaptersbut 24fps seems a little low for your system, even running Vista, i presume you're playing at some might big resolution?

LicaonKter said:
you will lose frame rates in the later chaptersbut 24fps seems a little low for your system, even running Vista, i presume you're playing at some might big resolution?
Nope I'm pretty sure it's the 2MB of ram. at least get 512MB ;p HEHE Seriously though I have less of a system than you and don't have any FPS issues later in game(I have noticed glitches ?in the engine? that if you are standing in the right spot or looking at a very specific spot that FPS will drop dramatically no matter what the settings are...). though I playe on medium settings with no grass and i think at a decent res 1280x1024 I think...

Dont forget to start from scratch when starting a game with the full version, first you will see things that were not in the demo and second, if you dont, you will have the Mill gate bug :)

LicaonKter said:
1680 x 1050 resolution, max settings thus far.

philosofool said:
philosofool said:
1680 x 1050 resolution, max settings thus far.
so you've got your answer, if you want better frame rates you'll have to play at a smaller resolution, it's rather pointless to cry about bad performance or the lack of AA settings at 1680x1050 (and there are many doing this :()

Top Bottom