How will cross progression work between generations after Phantom Liberty is launched?

+

yabab

Forum regular
Since current generation consoles and PC are getting the expansion and last generation are not, how will that be handled?

If I upload a save with the expansion enabled in PS5, for instance, and then boot the game up in a PS4 later, will the cross progression save simply not work?

How about the other way around? Could I take a PS4 save and bring it over to PS5 to play the expansion with my last generation character?

Let's say I only own a PS4: if I login and play at a friend's house who owns a PS5 with the expansion, will my latest save simply not work on PS4 when I go back home?

Last edited:
If I upload a save with the expansion enabled in PS5, for instance, and then boot the game up in a PS4 later, will the cross progression save simply not work?
If it's like most of games I played (and tried^^), if you try to load a save in which there were DLCs which are no longer present (for various reasons), you will probably get a message like "missing DLC/content!". So if you load you PS4 save on a PS5, then play a little with the expansion, you won't be able to return back on your PS4 anymore with the PS5 save.

But can't be sure, I don't know how it already work with the content which are not available on "old gen". If you load a PS5 save on a PS4 with the iguana hatched, the iguana simply "despawn" ?

Top Bottom