How will monsters be able to stay competitive against NG in faction rallies?

+
How will monsters be able to stay competitive against NG in faction rallies?

Hey all, I'm writing this post because at first thought I'm assuming that most of the community will choose NG over monsters strictly because Sweers exist. In order for Monsters to be competitive in this upcoming faction rally monster's players will need to think outside the box and not play the meta nekker/consume variety that has been seen all over the pro and ranked ladder as well as this weekends GWENT OPEN. Monster's players will most likely want to think about playing a ciri:nova type of deck to minimize the damage or deny Sweers and/or make a deck with cards that have the least amount of synergy with slave drivers like ERIDIN FROST/MOONLIGHT/SWARM in order to be competitive against NG. My hope is that this upcoming faction rally will not be one sided and in order for that to happen there must be a discussion on how players, especially casual players, who choose to play Monster's during this faction rally feel like they have deck options that are competitively geared towards playing against NG. (On a side note: The obvious NG choice is to add Sweers to your NG spies/alchemy/mill/solider swarm deck, if he is not in there already, and your NG deck is ready to go, no discussion needed as all those deck variants are available on gwentdb.com and can be competitive against monsters, especially with Sweers added). Back on topic: If you have any deck ideas, strategies or links to gwentdb.com decks that you think will match up well against NG during this faction rally, post it below, and help make this faction rally more balanced before it even begins. Thanks.

I play a non necker deck that is pretty successful. So it is possible. I hate necker spam. When is faction rally?

The simple answer is..they won't.I played about 20 matches tonight and not one was against monsters. Every other natch was ng with an occasional northern realms. No dwarfs tonight

Well my Go-to this time to farm some wins for my beloved Monsters is a fine Variation of a Nekker-Warrior/Wild Hunt Drakkars - Eredin Deck

Everytime i get over 4-5 Boats i call it my Black armada
such a disgusting point puking deck :huh:

Monsters will never be as popular as NG; it just doesn't have the same flavour or feel. NG is one of the core factions in the game and one of the most important in the lore. Monsters is just Wild Hunt plus a grab bag of random STUFF. But currently it won't because NG has way more viable and powerful options. There's 5ish viable NG archetypes up to the mid 3000s (Soldier swarm, alchemy, reveal, Spies, and a couple of varieties of ciri decks). Monsters has two viable decks in the same bracket and a few people are experimenting with like moonlight.

Even if Consume were the most powerful deck in the format, as dominant as dorfs are, NG would still win this I think.

iamthedave;n10333932 said:
Monsters will never be as popular as NG.

Whenever Monsters were very strong (which was often the case since the start of closed beta), many people complained about the fact that so many played with that faction.

It only stopped being that popular when weather was nerfed. Don't underestimate the popularity of this faction. It's a sleeping giant.

iamthedave;n10333932 said:
Monsters will never be as popular as NG; it just doesn't have the same flavour or feel. NG is one of the core factions in the game and one of the most important in the lore.

Uh?? You kidding? Looks like you played only Witcher 3 here LOL. The most relevant factions in the videogame trilogy lore are ST and NR, not NG.

However, NG is indeed the favoured of the challenge as well the Meta with ST.

Last edited:
From Rank 1 to 12 Monsters were by far the most popular deck. I would play 6-7 games in a row against other Monster decks at times before running into anything else. Its slowly changing over now that I'm rank 12 but I'm still playing many games in a row against other Monster decks. At this point I've been able to make an ok consume and frost deck. 18 wins so far for this challenge. Monsters represent!

Top Bottom