How will the game expand?

+
How will the game expand?

My search in the forum was unsuccesful so I'd like to ask, is it known how the game will expand once it leaves beta phase, will the already established factions get more cards or will they just add more factions (or both)?

nilfgaard will be added, it is unknown though if there would be other factions after that. we do know that new leaders will be released for the existing factions (and of course other new cards)

Also, there will be additional new cards added periodically and once the game releases there will be single player campaigns.

If i remember correctly, in one of Cd-red Stream they seid there will be 5 Leader in each faction.

Last edited:
Likierr;n7551840 said:
If i remember correctly, in one of Cd-red Stream they seid there will be 5 Leader in ich faction.

they said there will be 5 of each faction at launch.
So there could be even more released later.

Cdpr invited some of the top streamers of this game to their studio to try out nilfgaard for the 1st time. They will be streaming it as well this week ...I was told to check back on wed/thursday (around Jan 25th) for more details about it.

At the end of 2017 CDPR wants to have 500 cards in the game, and they will add 20 new cards at the start of every competitive season.

I'm not too much familiar with the witcher serie (i just love ccgs) but i find it odd that there isn't a witcher faction.

DMaster2;n7568000 said:
I'm not too much familiar with the witcher serie (i just love ccgs) but i find it odd that there isn't a witcher faction.

In The Witcher world, witchers are a dying profession.
There is already a Witcher tag and some cards have special effects when applied to them, but I think that's the most we could get.
I hope we see more interesting interactions in the future, but a Witcher faction... there is just not enough witchers in the world.

Marcin_Momot;n7566810 said:
It's coming.

P.S. Nice signature. :cheers:

Cant wait to take them on!

Wish i could take credit for it,found it in an image search ... Go Ciri!

DMaster2;n7568000 said:
Btw, I stopped playing Witcher 3 back in 2015 in the middle of the game, but now due to Gwent I started playing again - and it's awesome to be remembered what roles the characters on the cards play in the game. For example I've totally forgotten that Lamber & Co where friends with Geralt and helped defend Kaer Mohen, or that Johnny was a little boy/daemon Geralt decided to spare :D

Also I totally forgot how different Gwent was in the game, row effect like Commander's Horn for example stayed on the board, it doubled the strength of all units played after the Horn was played.

Last edited:
milosh69;n7569440 said:
Btw, I stopped playing Witcher 3 back in 2015 in the middle of the game, but now due to Gwent I started playing again - and it's awesome to be remembered what roles the characters on the cards play in the game. For example I've totally forgotten that Lamber & Co where friends with Geralt and helped defend Kaer Mohen, or that Johnny was a little boy/daemon Geralt decided to spare :D

Also I totally forgot how different Gwent was in the game, row effect like Commander's Horn for example stayed on the board, it doubled the strength of all units played after the Horn was played.

Geralt could spare Sarah (in the haunted house), Johnny helped Geralt in Velen. He couldn't be spared/or saved, nothing happened to him. Yeah coming back to TW is nice!

Top Bottom