How will The Witcher 3 Retail receive patches?

+
How will The Witcher 3 Retail receive patches?

Hi,
I've pre-ordered my copy of The Witcher 3: Collectors edition, and its the first time I've bought a PC game retail.
I live in the UK, and the only copy of this edition I could find was from America, which I know isn't a problem as its DRM free. I was just wondering how a retail PC game receives patches and installs DLC, as I'm used to Steam's automatic updates.
I heard that you can get patches and updates on retail games from GOG. If this is true, how would I do this?, If not, how would I get patches/updates/DLC?

Thanks,
Matt.

For past games they would host each patch on this very site. Guessing it'll likely be the same for Witcher 3 as well.

Thanks for clearing it up, I'm a complete scrub to this forum if you couldn't tell :p
I assume the expansions and free dlc would be in the same place, when they come out.

Thanks for clearing it up, I'm a complete scrub to this forum if you couldn't tell :p
I assume the expansions and free dlc would be in the same place, when they come out.

Free DLCs - probably yes.

IIRC you have to buy the paid expansions on gog.com if you have the retail version of Witcher 3. So you also have to download them on gog.com.

The Witcher 3 will most likely have a launcher. With The Witcher 2, when you were connected to the internet, the launcher would check if there were any updates and then asked you if you wanted to download the latest patch. I'm sure it would work the same. The launcher can even direct you to gog.com to download the DLC. The game is not launched yet, so we not sure.

Concerning getting updates. You can go get them from gog.com, this forum, search the web, ect. For the offline gamers, gaming magazines that includes discs and such.
If they keep the patches small in size, then a cheap usb stick and a internet cafe, shouldn't be a problem for a lot of offline gamers.

So to answer your question. The Witcher 3 launcher should help you out or point you in the right direction.

Top Bottom