How will you start Blood and Wine?

+

How will you start Blood and Wine?

• Total voters
I'm having two NG+ saves, so maybe I use both of them to play BAW. At least one! I need to play it instantly when it comes out :D At the moment I'm playing fresh NG so after that I'm going to play yet again both expansions. And after that maybe yet again NG+ with both expansions...

I think it depends: I would like to play again Wild Hunt and HoS using the new system of habilities and mutegens, so, if possible, I would like tu play first Blood and Wine, unlock the new habilities, and then play the whole game + expansions, but I don´t know if it´s possible. Anybody knows if its possible to play the whole game using the new things that B&W introduces?

I think it depends: I would like to play again Wild Hunt and HoS using the new system of habilities and mutegens, so, if possible, I would like tu play first Blood and Wine, unlock the new habilities, and then play the whole game + expansions, but I don´t know if it´s possible. Anybody knows if its possible to play the whole game using the new things that B&W introduces?

Do you have regular completed NG save? Then it's possible. Play BAW with that save (and HoS if you like) and then start NG+.

Well, I'll start with 70lvl Witcher with a ng+ save file, all witcher armors in the inventory, a couple of extra steel/silver swords with 150k crows in my pocket :D

It will be possible, as with Hearts of Stone, to start a gampley with Blood and Wine, and after finishing it, start a NG+ of the original game plus expansions with that gamesave?

I plan to play it on my ng+ that i have finished. Then I will go to my original save, play H&S, then B&W. Then I'll do a new ng+ and try to get everything. Especially the gwent cards. Though I really wish I could just do as many ng+ as I wanted too. That not being part of the game is really a few steps back in a game like this.

I wish Gwent cards carried over, maybe not quests ones but don't think that would matter, way to tedious getting them again

I am seriously in a dilemma about this.

I'm currently still in Novigrad on my NG+ playthrough.
Been putting this game on the backburner until I bought a new PC recently because my old one refused to run the game properly since 1.07 dropped.
I haven't seen any of the game's new contents post 1.07 (that's including HoS, the new romance dialogues, etc).
Should I just start HoS now with my non NG+ post-ending save game, finish it and start B&W right away or should I go on with my NG+ playthrough first, see all the new contents and then start HoS and then B&W?
The latter sounds like it'll take a couple of months if not more, but I want to see Toussaint ASAP.
Choices, choices...

I'm not touching hearts of stone till blood and wine that way I'll get a nice chunk to play, like what 30 hours they said for both dlc? It allways takes me double as I fuk around just looking in awe at stuff, started a new game plus too level 40 so unless I keep playing till level 70 I'll use my first complete playthrough which has all Gwent cards too

I don't think there's even an incentive to start any dlc with a new game plus save but I am wondering if there's going yo be a difference if you have completed main game

Lol 30 hours for both? Where do you live man? Hearts of Stone alone was advertised with 15 hours + and is easily 25-30 hours if you don't skip dialogue, do the sidequests, do the points of interest etc. Blood and Wine is advertised with 30+ hours. Given that it's the size or Ard Skellige and has like 80-90 quests and several points of interests I will probably say closer to 40+ hours or even 50 plus hours given that you will also be able to upgrade your vinyard, invite friends and what not.So you get probably around 70-80 hours out of both DLC if you really do everything.

On a personal note: do yourself a favour and play hearts of stone before the endgame because otherwise you might already be at level 36 or so or for a new game plus at level 64 or something like that and can't take advantage of all the quests because you will outlevel some. It's better to play Hearts of Stone before the endgame and outlevel the last quests in the maingame because they grant quite a bit of experience no matter what and there aren't that many of them compared to Hearts of Stone.

@hedop you sure? On metacritic Alot of them are like saying it's about 10 hours for hearts of stone and on gamespot and interviews with Devs say blood and wine is about 20 hours, of course play time length in open world type games with Alot of stuff to see and do apart from just story it allways takes me way longer anyways but I'm sure they even advertised hos being around 10 and blood and wine around 20, I'm guessing they mean just blitzing through story, though wouldn't think they meant skipping cutscenes, anyway thanks for the tip mate.

Never been keen on the level requirements, I was massively over level for a few quests in witcher 3 but did them all, it just wasn't as satisfying when you know the rewards pretty shit, they should of made it so certain quests give you unique rewards at least, but then for me every witcher quests is good so it's, it's own reward

Makes me happy that it is longer though like you say, I love witcher, but even I couldn't being myself to get every damn question mark in skelige mainly because I knew it was useless treasure, got all the ones in velen and Orchard and all the ones on land in skelige but fuk doing them all in the boat One after the other, I tried and I'm usually obsessed with doing EVERYTHING but fuk that.

Last edited:
On metacritic Alot of them are like saying it's about 10 hours for hearts of stone and on gamespot and interviews with Devs say blood and wine is about 20 hours, of course play time length in open world type games with Alot of stuff to see and do apart from just story it allways takes me way longer anyways but I'm sure they even advertised hos being around 10 and blood and wine around 20, I'm guessing they mean just blitzing through story, though wouldn't think they meant skipping cutscenes, anyway thanks for the tip mate.

HoS's
hours of adventure depend on how quickly you choose to play. 10 hours is an averaged minimum. Many have managed to squeeze a few more hours out of the first expansion.

B&W has been confirmed to contain an averaged 30+ hours of gameplay -- once again, possibly more, depending on how fast you go.

cd projekt have been pretty accurate if going by metacritic for the first dlc and they obviously arnt taking into account general messing around, I'd bet it's 10 hours justgoing straight through every quest without doing anything else, maybe they wernt taking into account side quests but I doubt it, they must get there times from there play testers surely? No matter for Mr it will be double what ever they say at least

Well I don't care about metacritic tbh. I'm not a slow player but I don't skip dialogue either, I did all the sidequests, I did all the mainquests, I upgraded the forge to max, I forged stuff, I did the horse race, I did the points of interest. That took me close to 25 hours. That to me is my benchmark. CDPR said HoS was 15+ hours. Let's go with that and say therefore for someone who did everything it was around two thirds longer by that calculation B&W with 30+ hours see faq and several new interviews will be 50 Hours for me and people who play like me. So yes I'm fairly sure about what I said.

Top Bottom