+

How will you start Blood and Wine?

• Total voters
How will you start Blood and Wine?

1.) New Game Regular?
2.) New Game Plus?
3.) Use current game save?

Last edited:
I will jump right in with my current end game ng save. After completing B&W I plan to do a ng+ run of only main quest and favorite side quests for the whole game ... trying to get the "best" story to remember the game by. Then it will be time to put the Witcher 3 down for awhile.

Current save game. I have a level 70 Geralt who has completed the base game + Hearts of Stone twice, once on a regular playthrough and once on New Game Plus. I am really curious to see how Blood and Wine differs if you have finished the campaign.

I just started my first New Game Plus mode over the weekend, but i dont think i can wait another 7/8 months to play BaW, so i will probably play it on my last current save then start NG+ after i beat BaW

NG+ from my latest playthrugh. I am certain that i will try my NG geralt soon enough.
I am going to create 2 distinct saves for each in order to play the expansion over and over again.

3. I'm finished hearts of stone on first playthrough. Still haven't finished main game. Gonna do blood and wine first then finish the main game

I'll start from my save from after the epilogue and HoS. Then when I have the time I'll go again with option 1, and then follow it up with an option 2 ;)

Last edited:
My NG+ save. Level 69 Geralt, all the ? marks cleared a second time, all quests done, Hearts of stone done before the endgame in NG+ and after endgame in NG. I'm rearing to go. Probably gonna replay bits and pieces from my NG+ save once I'm done with Blood and Wine, change my wife, change Ciris fate and then go for Blood and Wine again.

Current save, which picks up after end of the main game & after Hearts of Stone. I've got my Viper armor and Professor's specs, so I'm ready to head to Toussaint! :smiling2:

You're traveling to Toussaint ready to kick some ass, take names (cross them out) and look savvy while doing it! I didn't get adequate time with the Viper armor & Steel/Silver swords by the time I collecting everything. So now this gives me the perfect opportunity to kick off Blood and Wine with a vengeance. That is until I can get my grubby, Witcher gauntlets on that exquisite Manticore armor!

ETA: I chose option # 3 , after main game and HoS - That's the plan atm unless I can get a NG+ save in time for release ::fingers crossed::

I'll just download a saved game from Nexus that is good for BaW. I have too many saved games that I don't know where I left off. But I did finish both the main quests from vanilla and HoS.

I will close the drawers, undress myself, rub my body with a lotio... Oh, wait, that's not what this topic is about?
Okay... I will use my current base+HoS endgame save and continue playing.

Top Bottom