How will you start Blood and Wine?

+

How will you start Blood and Wine?

• Total voters
i have a lvl 69 Geralt roaming the Velen countryside like a headless ghoul , i might as well give him something to do :)

Use my current Geralt at level 41 because I want to experience the new content immediately.

Later down the year when all patches are released and they finished working on the game will do a definitive NG+ playthrough on DM.

I'm currently in the process of my Lvl 70 NG+ playthrough of alchemy/signs hybrid build, trying to get the last ingredients i need for Legendary Mastercrafted Ursine Armor as i have everything else Legendary Mastercrafted from the swords to the armor ready to go. Also cleaning up some question marks to make as much money as possible for Touissant.

I don't want to be in a situation where i'm struggling to buy all the new stuff, i'm also looking for Superior Negrophage oil and Superior Ogroid oil which i can't find for the life of me. That aside my Geralt is ready to go and this is the playthrough i plan to use.

Option 3..
but here's my plan. Im level 29 right now (equipped with superior feline gear) and Im at the part where I can go to the island of mists, but Im overpowered so I decided to do the hearts of stone quests while they are at least relevant for my level. So ill spend a few days on that, then spend a few more days to complete the full story-mode plus sidequests and then start blood and wine (im guessing) at around level 38-40. Do that whole thing, get it done and do a ng+. That way I get to get the full experience. But however this time around Im going to actually get to Kaer Morhen at around level 14+ (is that even possible) so that I can actually use the wolven-gear. Usually Im like level 20+ when I get there and that kinda messed up the whole wolven-thing.
:geraltfeelgood:

Last edited:
The lvling will be increased to 100 correct? What if you already did a new game+? Will I get to lvl up to 100 on my new game+ that I did? Or do I need to restart from my original finished save? Cause when it comes to dlc/expansions I always save them for last. I play them ocean I beat the game and all other side quests. So I wouldn't get to play B&W for a while.

Probably roll in with my completed ng+. Not sure though as I'm two thirds through HoS but I'm not exactly prepared as far as everything I want done.

I've still yet to go to southern Velen south west of Bald Mountain.

Level 63 and I need to go and get all the witcher gear and get it up to master. I've enough time and crowns to at least get that done but I dread hunting down all the diagrams.

Last edited:
What will be the starting monster and quest level in BaW? I am level 54 and i am afraid it will be too much for normal game and too little for new game plus.

What will be the starting monster and quest level in BaW? I am level 54 and i am afraid it will be too much for normal game and too little for new game plus.

The "official" starting level of Blood and Wine is 34 (64 in NG+), that is your initial level if you start the expansion separately. However, it was said in an interview to be fairly difficult at this level, and it is recommended to play at 36-37, or 70 in NG+ at death march difficulty.

My level 70 Geralt is ready.
NG+ save 100% complete, Yen, Ciri Empress, Hjalmar king of Skellige, (I think he is the ruler that fits more that world of pirats, vikings, ballads and legends even if his sister is wiser and self controlled) Master Mirror's banished and Iris is free to leave her world.
I really want to test those new mutagens and add the abilities in the new four slots. My build is ready to be put to work and I cant wait!
The new armors are really cool but i'm a bit disappointed of how the grand master wolf armor (my favourite) looks... too much metal parts (shoulders and the tips of the boots). The Manticore one is just pure gold for me... takes me back in 2007 when i fell in love with this incredible universe.

3. current game save
- finished "hearts of stone" the second time (started this one without the main story) ...
- exploring the world a third time; after normal playthrough (1) / with "hos" from the main game (2) / see above (3) ...
- searching, crafting, trying different skills and the perfect look for "blood and wine" (now lv. 42) ...

- "hos" new-moon-armor with (!) glasses :cool:
- "b&w" (...) oldschool manticore-armor :yes

My level 70 Geralt is ready.
NG+ save 100% complete, Yen, Ciri Empress, Hjalmar king of Skellige, (I think he is the ruler that fits more that world of pirats, vikings, ballads and legends even if his sister is wiser and self controlled) Master Mirror's banished and Iris is free to leave her world.
I really want to test those new mutagens and add the abilities in the new four slots. My build is ready to be put to work and I cant wait!
The new armors are really cool but i'm a bit disappointed of how the grand master wolf armor (my favourite) looks... too much metal parts (shoulders and the tips of the boots). The Manticore one is just pure gold for me... takes me back in 2007 when i fell in love with this incredible universe.
Man, you worked your ass off getting to level 70, thats where I'm at as well...:)

I will have to use the "only B&W mode" if there is one. Because when I "upgraded" my Pc on win 10 I lost my gamesaves. And I dont have the time to level up so fast. So I have no choice but to do it that way. (Wich is sad because I heard some of yopur made choices will have real impact this time...but well...)

Top Bottom