how will you try to fix nilfgaard bronzes without a new expansion?

+

G3nome

Forum veteran
as we now in this meta nilfgaard is bottom tier , main issue . Its lack of good bronzes

so should be possible to try to fix the bronzes that are now without needing a new expansion?

[...]
Crossbowman: 2 armor -> 3 armor
[...]
Why would an already good card get buffed ?
Crossbowman is an immediate 5 for 5 with 2 armor and in case the opponent does not ping of that 2 armor it is an engine, so it should consistently have a floor of 7 points if you have 2+ Soldiers.
The Soldier archetype has problems, Crossbowman does not contribute to them.

I really don't know, you can't even give them 1 power more because then people will complain about being too OP.
Maybe I would try to make the faction as a whole work with more synergy and combos.
What really frustrates me as an NG player though is that you can try to play all the mind games you want, predict the other player's tactic, play perfectly and still lose because you simply lack points. Also, most of the good targets have veil now so poison is out ( defenders make you waste 2 poison or Vincent which maybe you would keep as a tall removal ).
So now, the main issue isn't the lack of good bronzes, the main issue is the lack of synergy within the faction itself. NG has good gold cards and some good bronzes but they work as a "standalone" card, without much support nor supporting other cards.
So how will I try to fix Nilfgaard bronzes? I would rework the faction.

I think that soldiers should be more focused on armor, i mean, It is supposed that they use more armor than the nr. Maybe adding some armor to present units and more soldiers that synergize better with armor. I'm thinking in an archetype that it's main goal is to bring units that are protected, with abilities such as: "give all your bronze soldiers in your deck, hand and board 1 armor", "deal the same damage to a unit that the armor this unit has", "while this unit has armour, do 1 random damage to a enemy unit", "every turn gives 1 armor to a unit in your hand", etc.

Top Bottom