How would you change Yennefer?

+
How would you change Yennefer?

She is great I love her but lets be honest here, way too overpowered.
How would you change her?

I think her effect should trigger every 2 turns or only hit 3 targets at the time.

Or give us better tools to deal with gold cards

Thanks

Def, #teamtriss, and the saltier Yen is about it, the better. I wish she got more love in Gwent.

But, to get back on-topic, I think Yen-Con is fine. Always have.

Yeah #teamtriss FTW....

She is fine as is only change that maybe is needed to stop her form hitting multiple targets.

lomvicmarko;n7833970 said:
[...]
She is fine as is only change that maybe is needed to stop her form hitting multiple targets.

I agree. That could be a consideration and would reduce her (auto-include?) powerlevel for some control decks.

Taking away the ability to hit all targets of the same strength is not a good idea if you consider what yen con is supposed to do.

The point of the card is that she levels your opponents board, (originally it was the whole board), which lines up cards for scorch.
so i don't think you can alter this aspect of her without changing the design of the card in a drastic way.

tbh, I think she is alright at her current strength, 5 (not super keen that Radovid is the only 1 card answer for her vs NR).
she is a solid card, but not overly OP imo (and i am speaking as somebody who plays against her)

as long as you ensure only one target is hit every round, she then needs 7 turns to get the 12 value from a gold.
(which is quite easy to do)

outside of making her target your own units too there is no fix, she'll stay very good until meta rotates and her sole presence buffs the viability of Radovid, Iorveth (not like he needed that anyway) and Roche

Yennifer is a gold card. The expected value of a gold card is 12 power at least. I have been tracking the amount of value I gain each round when I play Yen and I think she is a balanced cards. On average I get 10.93 (98 round played) out of her. Considering the fact that you must carefully plan plays around her, I think she is just ok. You should plan outplay her by planning carefully and knowing when to concede the round. Also buffs help a lot.

I think limiting her to a maximum of 2 targets would still preserve her way of working but would reduce her incredible ability to line up units for "Scorch" or "Villentretenmerth".

I strongly feel that as a general effect in this game, whenever a card targeting the "strongest" or the "weakest" card in play has a choice between multiple options, the owner of the card should get to choose one of the legal targets rather than the effect targeting ALL available options. Not only is the current system incredibly confusing (and frustrating) to new players but it severely limits design space, hinders game balance and will cause a lot more issues further down the line than just the ones Yennifer is causing now.

Yen-Con got nerfed today. Not in all decks, but in most Monster and SK decks that featured her, because the nerf to Silver Weather cards now means people have to make room for RNR. In that aspect, Yen will come out of some decks, and will cost another gold card in others.

I still think Yen-Con is fine though.

You may be able to reach a compromise between her design and how oppressive she can feel.

here are my suggestions for her ability.

"Every 'n' turns remove 2 strength from the strongest opposing non-gold unit(s), and 1 strength from the second strongest opposing non-gold unit(s)"

that n value could be 2 or 3 tuns (depends how it would balance)

what this does is:

obviously cause her to proc less frequently so as to give a bit of breathing room so to speak. (gives you more opportunity to stagger your units)
however the ceiling/levelling effect is more powerful to compensate for this.

just FYI, it is necessary in this idea for her to do -2 and -1 respectively, so she still levels the board.

or the other idea I have is: (and TH3WITCH3R also)

"Every turn remove 1 strength from the strongest opposing non-gold unit(s), that are higher than 'n' strength"

This imposes a ceiling limit, that can be 3, or 4, maybe 5 strength. although i feel 4 is the magic number, that's more or less an educated guess right now.
Once the board is levelled down to 4 strength, any further is probably too much.

-----------------------

Just some ideas here, but for now i think she is a good but no OP card.

The strength of YenCon is that she lines up units for effects like "Scorch". If you give her a timer with amore severe effect it is even harder to play around her, because the owner of Yen can now work towards her hitting incredible hard.

A strength limitation "not over X" does not help at all. It makes her much weaker against control decks (which are the dominating decks right now) and helps other decks not at all.

I still think that limiting her effect to a max of two units (like RickMelethron suggested) seems to be the best idea to rebalance her powerlevel a bit.

I think that she really should hit one or make it only happen one time not every time. She is a really nice card jest OP

Well, initially I thought she was OP af. Sadly, I had to add her to my Nilf for lack of any other gold option and to compete. I've said it before in another thread, having a high buffed unit almost completely negates her. Yes that leaves you vulnerable to scorching/removal or d-shackles but I was surprised at how easy she was made redundant.

Top Bottom