How would you change Yennefer?

+
zecenker;n7939960 said:
I don't agree that it is an easy thing to do. Not if the game is long and you don't have enough cards to buff individual cards so she hits only them.

As it is, yes, she can be played against, but her presence turns the game into a "defence against Yen" mission. Using Radovid (and I would never think I would get to like the bastard) I have been able to take Yen down, and my opponent with it. There are many people that BASE their game on her, for God's sake. She is THAT deterministic.

I agree that her damage ability should be limited somehow.

why is everyone acting like you need a buffed unit, she is taking your largest unit down to an even strength with another unit, that must mean that if its not buffed, then the str is fairly low, meaning any normal str card one or two points higher is fine to play and mitigate her hits, which by the way she is way under powered if you consider half the devastating game ending golds out there, or weather, I mean weather guys cmon, the most points possibly to be taken and its from bronze card or unit cards from monsters that also spawn weather and like four units. Am I in the twilight zone?

Yennefer: Conjurer too powerful?

I thin kthe Yennefer: Conjurer card unbalances the game. Being unable to damage a gold card that effectively wipes out all other cards seems a little one sided. When all your cards become the same score, which can happen very quickly, it will hit all of them. Open to views!

It's effed. But saying it can't be damaged isn't quite accurate. There are gold cards that can kill it. Initially, I dealt with it fine. However, I had to first add her to my deck, then two d-shackles and a d-bomb and two lock cards. Those cards are quite versatile but can leave you a bit counter heavy and end up with too many counters in hand. Nilf helps with that and their redraw and of course they have a silver lock card. Another effective tactic is to have a high buffed unit, which really mitigates against her effectiveness. Again, Nilf and the ambassadors are an easy way to achieve the buffer.

Of course with added extras like weather, scorch and whatnot I think this card is still too much in that it gives way too much value way too easily. I'm sure there's more to say about this card and more specifics but that's my general opinion on it as an opponent and a begrudged user.

The only thing i might do to nerf it is reduce its strength. Its effect is awesome; it's gold so its very difficult to kill no matter its strength; would making its str 3 make it not awesome? I don't think so.

I think she's fine right now but if it's that big an issue, I think 4 for Yen is more than reasonable. The 1 strength is negligible but allows Triss (which is a neutral gold) to eliminate her.

Some of the suggestions say she should only hit 1 of the strongest unit, ties resolved randomly. The problem is then she just becomes a legendary Knife Juggler.

Remove the ability to hit multiple target, and it should be ok.

I'm told Golds are supposed to deliver 12 power, as long as (5 Str) she requires 7 turns to mess with your strategy and weaken your key cards it should be on the level of the most powerful Gold, but not OP.

Ofc, when used with NR it becomes absurd.
It should be limited to NG.

I dont think she desperatly need another rework but in this case, i'd go for a simple -1 value. Removing her multiple target mechanic makes her completely useless.

idomyownstunts;n8019000 said:
There are gold cards that can kill it. Initially, I dealt with it fine
Not if it's used by Radovid (unless you are radovid yourself). Her base need to be reduced to 4 so every class have an out to her (Triss).

DMaster2;n8023940 said:
Not if it's used by Radovid (unless you are radovid yourself). Her base need to be reduced to 4 so every class have an out to her (Triss).

There still are cards that can kill it, whereas the OP said it was untouchable.

i definitely would not remove her multiple mechanics. I could see capping it to like 3 or 4 maybe. But in my experiance the times where she hits more than 3 or 4 isn't common at all, so then it doesn't really need to happen for balance's sake imo.

I agree that reducing her strength further is the best option. Anywhere between 2-4 would be fine for me. I think the mechanic is fine as is. IF you must change her effect to only zap 1 card per turn ... then I think her base strength would have to go back up to 7 at least. Maybe more.

rulezfin;n7836110 said:
Yennifer is a gold card. The expected value of a gold card is 12 power at least. I have been tracking the amount of value I gain each round when I play Yen and I think she is a balanced cards. On average I get 10.93 (98 round played) out of her.

I think that's cause most people simply pass when you drop it, the more important metric would be how likely it is to win the round you drop Yen in, basically what's her winrate.

I dont think she desperatly need another rework but in this case, i'd go for a simple -1 value. Removing her multiple target mechanic makes her completely useless.

Not really, it would still have synergy with decks that rely on weakening opponents or a change like that would be compensated by an increase in strength, maybe 9-10 to make her survive radovid.

Last edited:
She have way to strong of an effect right now for how difficult it is to remove even a 5 power gold card.
Few ways come to mind:
a)Buff her base power to 7 or 8 and let her hit only one card at a time with ties resolved randomly.
b)Make her a silver card and preserve effect
c)Make her effect to work on both sides of board.

JagdCrab;n8081440 said:
a)Buff her base power to 7 or 8 and let her hit only one card at a time with ties resolved randomly.
b)Make her a silver card and preserve effect
c)Make her effect to work on both sides of board.

a) Yes, that's the most suggested tweak for her.
b) No, that could make her even stronger with decks that have a lot of resses (Shani + Yen is gonna be fun).
c) No, that was the old variation when almost no one played her.

Top Bottom