How (you) play the Witcher 3

+
How (you) play the Witcher 3

So anyone here old enough to remember these comercials?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZV5PlMyooI
That's my idea of this thread. Are you a stickler who goes in order? Do you jump all around exploring one place then another in no particular order? How do you play the Witcher 3? Let's find out!

Somewhat ordered I suppose would be an apt description.

It depends on the kind of playing... 'philosophy' you follow, I try to avoid doing things that may break the game, play in a moderately ordered fashion - over time you build your own kind of 'skillsets' on what to expect from what kind of games. So for an RPG the scale of Witcher it's about complexity, so I will try to avoid mixing up too many quests/leaving them in-between to do something else because I don't want to mess up any potential quest triggers. Appreciate that the designers/programmers have tried to make the world seem organic but for a lot of things I believe firmly in the mechanical counterpart.

So what I do is - Go into a new area(Velen for example) and visit all the settlements I can see and pick up quests/contracts on one 'side' of the map, then do them starting with the lowest level or pick one which interests me the most. Avoid main quests for as long as possible unless they risk being... 'outlevelled'.

It kind of depends on my playthrough. My first playthru was what I call a "blind play" where I don't use guides, I don't look up spoilers, I don't worry about missing content, I just go through the game and live with my decisions however poor they may be, I do side quests but I don't usually go out of my way to finish up an entire area before moving on.

For my second playthrough now which I am just starting on Death March difficulty it will be FAR more structured around side content. I want to clear each area, uncover each map marker, do all the side quests, and only advance the story when I run out of content for my level. As far as the main story goes I also plan on carefully examining the repercussions of each choice and handcrafting my experience.

Then much later I plan on playing a "Geralt is a Whoreson" play where I make the most sardonic cynical (a*hole) witcher ever and always haggle for highest profits and screw over everyone I can... just to have fun and experience all those less-than-good endings that I would otherwise miss out on.

.. first play-thru was just story -- great story, lotta fun.

Second play-thru, ignore all primary campaign story, unless something needs unlocking, and just explore as sandbox -- lots more fun. (zeroed out quest exp, and upped kill exp, so everything gains you skill points for talents, regardless of level). Will do main campaign again, next year maybe -- at level 70, once hard mode is modded into game.

What I've been doing is jumping from novigrad/velen to skellige. Mainly sidequests and armor no mixing story quests and it's fun lol.

Walking around, completing side quests on Velen, gathering cards, playing gwent, racing.
I'm 100 hours in the game and my main quest is the "final preparations" or something. It won't progress anytime soon since Skellige side quests are calling me.

Trying to do and see as much as I can on my first playthrough (Blood and Broken Bones). Lots of exploring and doing tons of sidequests. I just reach Skellige after 70 or so hours of playing.

On my second run on Death March I will most likely stick to the main quest for the most part while doing the occasional side quests so I can level up when I need to.

1. Figure out where the story progression marker is.
2. Stay the bloody hell away from that marker, and explore EVERYWHERE else first.
3. Once you're satisfied with the exploration, and want some story progression, go to the story marker.

Repeat.

2. Stay the bloody hell away from that marker, and explore EVERYWHERE else first.
3. Once you're satisfied with the exploration, and want some story progression, go to the story marker.

Repeat.
Yup pretty much.

Repeat.

that the two separate games -- the awesome story and the awesome sandbox -- were more connected somehow, while removing all the auto-triggers; sounds like a skyrim mod, "no forced starts".

15 fps on ps4
it's wierd that ypu are experiencing slowdownd on witcher 3, to me the game is running smooth even when it's raining. Though the horseriding seems to be the only thing giving a slight lags here and there but its not that big of a deal.

1) Wait for an enhanced inventory
2) Wait for a personal chest
3) Wait for fixes for the crafting bugs
4) Play

Sometimes while wandering I'll stumble on a scene which I think must be quest related - like something highlighted in red but doesn't do anything. Will this mess up the quest if/when I pick it up? I love to roam but don't want to interfere with the storyline or side quests. I dread the moment this game ends.

you are an hard man you know? to resist so long...
Yes it's difficult to resist, but I want this experience to be perfect.
I keep on believing those three points will become a reality...before the release of Fallout 4 I hope :eek:

Top Bottom