How's patch 1.07 working for you?

+

• Total voters

I installed patch 1.07 a few days ago, the game been running very smoothly on my PC, most of the bugs and glitches I experienced before are gone and it's been great on my PS4 too, a lot of people are complaining about a lot of bugs and new issues they're having.

Care to share your opinion on the patch and which platform you're playing on? Feel free to describe your bug, maybe we can help each other figure out a way to fix them.

The main issue for me on the Xbox One is the difficulty resetting to "Just the Story" and achievements not working.
Other than that I still can't complete Dirty Funds or clear the Shrine abandoned site in White Orchard.

Game was fine with 1.05 on Xbox, smooth, beautiful, no game breaking bug...
Now the game is not smooth at all, dips regularly to 20fps and stay locked at 20...
Screen freez in novigrad and become blurry, all swamps are impacted, as soon as you enter a swamp framerate tank to 20fps...
So now i have a game running awful, lots of bugs, but hey my invotory is clean! Lol.
In fact 1.07 make me abandon the game, great one....!

It seems slightly stutter-y if fps drops below 60. Set Shadows to High and it's more stable (fps-wise) than ever. Many bugs fixed and the movement system is fantastic. Organizing inventory could be better but it's much better than it used to be.

My issues with 1.07 are as follows:

1. Frame rates on Xbox One are significantly worse than before, especially in graphically taxing areas.

2. The quest - Skellige Most Wanted is broken. Can't complete the final boss fight (he does not die)

3. The option to compare merchant equipment to equipment you are wearing is missing. Previously you could hold LT and it would show you the stats for both, now it's missing.

4. The NPC carrying the crates had a weird stutter animation, it almost seems like he is walking up the stairs.

5. World Map does not show Blacksmiths, Armorers, Herbalists unless you are very near them. After you move away, they disappear off the map.

6. Some pretty bad clipping. For example, my Ursine armor consistently clips through the left side of the boat in Skellige. Not a little, but the entire coattail section of the armor is hanging clipping through the side of the boat.

7. Texture pop in seems to me worse than before. Now some characters start off with blurry textures as you begin to speak to them, and those textures load up properly few seconds later. Very distracting.

The patch is horrible for me and it makes me want to quit the game alltogether.

I cannot talk to Roche and hence not proceed with the Eye for an Eye and Gwent Old Pals quests, and the Black Pearl mission was fucking rage inducing.

Sure 1.07 brought a lot of nice additions but some missions (even story missions I hear) are proper fucked now and the lack of communocation from CDPR is unbelieavable at this point. I mean hell ANYBODY tell us SOMETHING please, the game is broken now and the least we deserve is some explaining.

I started playing during 1.06 and played 30+ hours of very smooth gameplay on highest graphics settings; hairworks and all that. Patch 1.07 tanked my performance and introduced constant freezes (2-10 second pauses) in gameplay during all activities. Only time the game would not freeze multiple times a minute was when playing gwent.

Last weekend I was ready to throw my controller through the TV because of how unplayable the game was after updating to 1.07. Thankfully, with help from folks in the PC tech forum I found some settings that make the game playable in 1.07 but I've had to reduce many graphic settings quite a bit and the game still freezes occasionally. Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated about 1.07, but at least I found some settings that make the game playable.

Windows 8.1 x64, G3258 (3.2GHz; stock speed), GTX980

Gtx970, i5 4690k, 16gb ram. My first save would crash when I try and load it up. Am in a cave with a mage in velen. So I restart cause I'm not too far into it. New save crashes when fast traveling to velen. New update made game literally unplayable for me

The main issue for me on the Xbox One is the difficulty resetting to "Just the Story" and achievements not working.

Some other people are having the same exact issue too, I already been through a few threads and saw your name there (I didn't find any new information that could be helpful).

still can't complete Dirty Funds

I think it's possible to complete this one now, you just can't loot the chest before you get the note, I looted the chest very recently before I read the note and it didn't seem to have any negative effect on completing the quest (That's on PC though).

clear the Shrine abandoned site in White Orchard.

I had the same issue with that quest, luckily, it's easily solvable. You just need to run away from the zone and run back in, sometimes meditating will work and the monsters will spawn after you do that (They just spawn very slowly and in my case, it took a bit to get it done because they kept spawning one by one).

On xbone, the patch broke Vernon Roche (no way to open dialogue with him) for my game so I am stuck unable to make progress on the main quest.

Game was fine with 1.05 on Xbox, smooth, beautiful, no game breaking bug...
Now the game is not smooth at all, dips regularly to 20fps and stay locked at 20...
Screen freez in novigrad and become blurry, all swamps are impacted, as soon as you enter a swamp framerate tank to 20fps...
So now i have a game running awful, lots of bugs, but hey my invotory is clean! Lol.
In fact 1.07 make me abandon the game, great one....!

I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I've reading through this, it's not happening to everyone and that's what I find weird about it. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-should-you-install-the-witcher-3-patch-107

---------- Updated at 05:41 PM ----------

It's no reason to quit or abandon the game though, Marcin already took note of the problem and they're working on fixing it, which are bugs are you having? Is any of them quest related?

I think Patch 1.07 is great, it has fixed most of the previous issues I had. Truthfully, other than a couple of broken quests, I just haven't had many issues with the game other than the nVidia kernel mode problem, but that is an issue I attribute to nVidia. I've had a couple of issues occur under Patch 1.07 that I haven't encountered before, but I can't in good conscience say the patch is responsible for them. For a piece of software this large and complex, I think CDProjekt did a truly remarkable job.

Guest 3839371

I sadly have to say that i got more issues with the latest Patch (im playing on Xbox One) on my first playthrough (on Patch 1.04 and 1.05) i had not a single game crash - i started a new game on 1.07 and had 3 crashes in 10 hours of playing also i have many performance issues and a lot of "fixed" quests are now bugged for me. Sad but true but I think CDPJR will fix this in the coming days or weeks and then everything will be fine again ;)

2. The quest - Skellige Most Wanted is broken. Can't complete the final boss fight (he does not die)

You should probably hold onto that one until it's fixed, because it seems to be a known issue fro Xbox, I didn't see any developers comments about it, but they're probably still investigating it.

3. The option to compare merchant equipment to equipment you are wearing is missing. Previously you could hold LT and it would show you the stats for both, now it's missing.

Dumb question, but did you check the controller scheme/layout? Maybe the alternative movement-style changed it for whatever reason? I'm only suggesting this because I didn't see anyone else having the same issue (Forgive me if it's known and commonly reported by other people).

4. The NPC carrying the crates had a weird stutter animation, it almost seems like he is walking up the stairs.

That one been happening since 1.05, at first I thought they implemented NPCs with medical issues (Such as hemorrhoids) but it was fixed after I ran/popped into him, sometimes it doesn't work that way and I had to draw my sword (It does look silly, doesn't it?).

5. World Map does not show Blacksmiths, Armorers, Herbalists unless you are very near them. After you move away, they disappear off the map.

That one could've been easily fixed if the consoles had the developer console enabled, sadly, I know it's not available for consoles. Have you tried starting a new game, just to check if the problem still persists?

6. Some pretty bad clipping. For example, my Ursine armor consistently clips through the left side of the boat in Skellige. Not a little, but the entire coattail section of the armor is hanging clipping through the side of the boat.

I had a similar issue to that one on the PC, on the boat, Geralt would wake up with a two-handed crossbow as a primary weapon that doesn't do any damage, there is a trick to get it fixed, takes a bit of work with the developers console, but it can be fixed. Have anyone else reported this too? Did it happen before or after 1.07?

7. Texture pop in seems to me worse than before. Now some characters start off with blurry textures as you begin to speak to them, and those textures load up properly few seconds later. Very distracting.

That's probably related to the FPS issue and the overload happening to consoles in crowded/populated areas.

PS4

I didn´t notice any big performance drops. Rarely the game stops a secound with foggy screen, but thats okay.

My problems are questbreaking bugs.

(an eye for an eye) Vernon Roche stands in his camp like a dumbass and is not able to talk to.
(black pearl) Nidas gets oneshotted by the drowners way before I get a chance to defend him.

I won´t continue anymore. Im waiting for the next Patch to hopefully fix this gamebreakers.

The patch is horrible for me and it makes me want to quit the game alltogether.

I cannot talk to Roche and hence not proceed with the Eye for an Eye and Gwent Old Pals quests, and the Black Pearl mission was fucking rage inducing.

Sure 1.07 brought a lot of nice additions but some missions (even story missions I hear) are proper fucked now and the lack of communocation from CDPR is unbelieavable at this point. I mean hell ANYBODY tell us SOMETHING please, the game is broken now and the least we deserve is some explaining.

Did you try loading a previous save before you started the quest? There has been a lot of people saying it's been fixed with 1.07 - it could be related to the save game and your progress itself (I never had issues with this one before).

CD Projekt RED are not being quiet, they're just waiting to gather more information on the issues that everyone is facing (Once they get a few confirmed report) you'll hear about it.

---------- Updated at 06:10 PM ----------

Which platform are you playing on?

---------- Updated at 06:16 PM ----------

Gtx970, i5 4690k, 16gb ram. My first save would crash when I try and load it up. Am in a cave with a mage in velen. So I restart cause I'm not too far into it. New save crashes when fast traveling to velen. New update made game literally unplayable for me

Some other people experienced this problem as well, it has to do with some quests-progression and sometimes the order of how you use the fast travel function at the beginning of that quest - I hope reading this will help, majority of those people managed to get the problem fixed.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/613958868366418050/#p1

---------- Updated at 06:20 PM ----------

I started playing during 1.06 and played 30+ hours of very smooth gameplay on highest graphics settings; hairworks and all that. Patch 1.07 tanked my performance and introduced constant freezes (2-10 second pauses) in gameplay during all activities. Only time the game would not freeze multiple times a minute was when playing gwent.

Last weekend I was ready to throw my controller through the TV because of how unplayable the game was after updating to 1.07. Thankfully, with help from folks in the PC tech forum I found some settings that make the game playable in 1.07 but I've had to reduce many graphic settings quite a bit and the game still freezes occasionally. Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated about 1.07, but at least I found some settings that make the game playable.

Windows 8.1 x64, G3258 (3.2GHz; stock speed), GTX980

It seems to be an issue for some PC specs, I'm really surprised it didn't happen to me consider how old my PC is (I'm running with a PC that was built during 2009 I7 960, 12 gbs of ram) only thing that I've been updating over the years is my graphic card, I'm currently running with two GTX 970 SLI.

I'm glad they were able to help you fix the problem, at least to some extent where the game is playable again.

---------- Updated at 06:22 PM ----------

On xbone, the patch broke Vernon Roche (no way to open dialogue with him) for my game so I am stuck unable to make progress on the main quest.

Did you try loading a different save file? One that you have before you started the quest?

---------- Updated at 06:29 PM ----------

(an eye for an eye) Vernon Roche stands in his camp like a dumbass and is not able to talk to.

That seems to be an issue a lot of people are having, some people reported it's been fixed upon starting a new game/play-through, I'm not expecting everyone to be willing to go through that much effort to to confirm it though. It seems like one of the persistent bugs and I'm hoping it will be fixed soon enough, I never had any issues with it myself.

(black pearl) Nidas gets oneshotted by the drowners way before I get a chance to defend him.

Did you try using Yrden around him placing him in the middle? Do you think it would give you enough time to reach him before the drowners kill him? :doubt:

I'm playing on PC and 1.06 performed flawlessly for me. Very smooth gameplay. Few glitches here and there and some pop-ins but they sure as hell didn't bother me. But now... this horror patch 1.07 ruined perfomance. I still have 60fps but the frames aren't smooth anymore.. it kinda micro-jitters here and there. This didn't happen in 1.06.

I wish I could somehow rollback to 1.06 but it's impossible in Steam version!
I'd rather choose fluid performance over some minor glitches.
Please return the performance in 1.06 to 1.08!

my specs:
i7 3770K
GTX980 strix
16GB ram
Win 8.1 64bit
Witcher on SSD
XBOX 360 controller

Did you try loading a previous save before you started the quest? There has been a lot of people saying it's been fixed with 1.07 - it could be related to the save game and your progress itself (I never had issues with this one before).

CD Projekt RED are not being quiet, they're just waiting to gather more information on the issues that everyone is facing (Once they get a few confirmed report) you'll hear about it.

---------- Updated at 06:10 PM ----------

Which platform are you playing on?

As far as I understood Roche glitches into this state where it's impossible to interact with him if you had one of the missions Get Junior or Eye for an Eye open when upgrading to patch 1.07.

No, I don't have an older save (been switching around and overwriting my 7 or so save files continously as usual and only encountered the bug much later after I had been playing on 1.07 for ages), and starting fresh os not an option, as this is my Death March playtrough, and I have probably invested a good 50 hours into it already.

I'd rather quit this once so awesome game honestly, bugs and glitches are killing it for me right now. I'm just glad I didn't pre-order the season pass, if they don't fix gamebreaking stuff quickly I'm off and won't spend my money on the expansions, that's for sure. I'm not sitting around and waiting for them to fix their broken product, I consider my already limited gaming time too precious for that.

I have no idea why you are defending CDPR, but rest assured I love what they accomplished with this game as a whole (not talking about the fiasco with the patches obviously, and ignoring the very bad 20 FPS you get frequently on consoles now). Their communication however is incredibly poor however, surely you cannot deny that. Monitoring the issues is not enough, they need to assure us solving all the newly introduced glitches is a top priority now and give us an ETA for fixes. What is it now, 3 days without a word?

I'm on PS4. Voted accordingly obviously.

Last edited:
Regarding the controller scheme, this seems to be a bug that occurred with 1.07. I've seen some PC players complaining that holding Shift no longer compares the items. If you are a console player, try it yourself, you cannot compare weapons or armor at the merchants (but you can now compare things like saddles and saddle bags). When the developers put in the option to compare saddles and etc, they accidentally disabled weapons and armor comparisons.

Regarding the World Map issue, no I have not tried starting a new game.

The patch has helped improve my overall performance; I usually play in medium settings but 1.07 allowed me to put a couple of graphical settings to high resulting in the same FPS rate as before.
But.... now I'm running into a bug in a main story mission, my game keeps freezing during the first conversation with Keira. I've searched around and it looks like this bug was already there before 1.07 but I only encountered it now. Done all the suggestions I can found, nothing worked.
I can't do anything but stop playing now :cry:

Top Bottom