How's patch 1.07 working for you?

+

How's patch 1.07 working for you?

• Total voters
It's been great for me on PC so far. I have an HD 7870, which is minimum spec for a graphics card, but I can still run it at 1080p with mainly high settings like I always have. I even feel like there are more parts where it runs at 60 fps than before, like in Kaer Trolde harbour. Some of the changes irked me a bit, though, like the fact that firestream can't be used to force shieldbearers to drop their shields any more.

For the most part Patch 1.07 has been great on PC. My rig has just above recommended settings and that usually allows me to play with settings between medium and high.

However since 1.07 I have noticed a lot of stuttering and sudden fps drops in areas with a lot of characters (crows perch, Oxenfurt etc). This is quite annoying and even putting everything to low seems not to make a difference.

So far, it's working quite well for me, my game performance increased about %50 my pc doesn't get under stress in big cities like Novigrad anymore.
FPS greatly increased from 30-40 to 45-60, now I play the game with pretty high settings, love the new books and weight addition and new movement style but weight calculation still bugs me cause I don't know where some of my weight comes from since most of the things don't have weight anymore.

But I think the game needs more difficult monsters and I don't like the quest exp design, it pretty much limits the player. So I expect higher level monsters(mean boss type) and some changes with the quest exp system and be able to go higher levels. (though I'm using mods to my taste for quest exp problem I would still love to see CDPR to change things in the vanilla game)

Btw I had only one random crash without error so far(in 30 hours)

Last edited:
I've not experienced any quest-bug so far with patch 1.07 on PC. :thumbup:
But I only played 90h and did not finish the game yet, so it may not be representative.

Sure, there has been a couple of crashes since 1.07 was installed, but these ctds happened before patch as well. So...I'm glad and grateful to the devs for doing a great job! First playthrough and still having a great time with the game! 200 hours and counting. ^_^
Now bring me that horizon. :geraltfeelgood:

Last edited:
At this point, I started to feel that the reason why I haven't experienced that many issues is because I started a new game upon the release of 1.07 - in the PC version hovering over the item with the mouse shows the difference between both items for me, I didn't even need to hold anything.

The reason I suggested doing that is because I didn't see that many people complaining about this issue (Doesn't mean that it's not there for you or it's less important of course) it just means it could be related to the save game itself.

I've had an issue before where I couldn't talk to the Blacksmith your rescue from the bandits for my reward or the armorer in Skellige (Which rendered me unable to buy the new DLC items) on the PC, I fixed it by using the developer console but on the PS4 starting a new game fixed both issues for me.

---------- Updated at 04:51 AM ----------

Try switching from Windowed, Borderless to Fullscreen and the other way around. I can guarantee that one of them will work and you'll be able to go through the conversation with her without the game freezing.

---------- Updated at 04:53 AM ----------

I had the same issue and I managed to fix it by changing the display output to Fullscreen from Borderless

---------- Updated at 04:59 AM ----------

Someone was having a similar issue to this one, the fix should be provided within this post http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...king-for-you?p=1858028&viewfull=1#post1858028

---------- Updated at 05:01 AM ----------

The game is not working at all now? :surprise:

Not having any issues and i guess its because i started a brand new game on 1.07. I think a lot of issues that are happening are on saves made on older versions.

So far one thing i have noticed is the encumbrance is not calculating properly. I seem to have 20 weight when my inventory is empty except for crafting materials. SO yes its not calculating encumbrance properly.

Following some of your other posts, if you don't already work for this CDPR they could do well to see how to respond well to feedback, so Thankyou for taking an approach I wish the company would!

To address the question to me only and to help these guys eventually fix our issues.....

Patch was released last sunday (Australia).
It's now Friday night....

I have tried every single day for 1hr (so quite a few attempt with various things like new installs on new patches, clearing cache etc etc etc etc) without being able to load 1.07 manual saves. More details in my xbox thread.

It gets very close to finishing loading (so I see all the preamble over and over and....) and crashes to the main xbox menu.

Then randomly it loaded and I was In. First time over gawd knows how many attempts. I checked I could run, look around and jump. Checked inventory and saw new layout.

Ok quickly I create a new manual save and return to the game. I wanted to do business with a merchant so went to meditate and it crashed to xbox menu. It's very sudden, there's no lag, there's no warning just BAM and now the frustrations immediately return.

Now I say that because for the brief moment the game works I am almost willing to forgive it because it's a great concept. It's therefore sad that it's been poorly executed but I'll try not to be negative.

I note:
The crashing issue appeared very early and occurred on exiting roach for the first time very very very early in the game.

I have done as others have suggested and started a new game from scratch, losing any progress I managed to get on other patch levels to no avail.

I have checked the disc and it's perfect.

I did not play the game while it was installing.

I have had these issues before and after subsequent DLC.

Aside from the consistency of when the issue very first appears (for me at least) There's no apparent trigger.

I am getting sick and tired of starting from the beginning everytime a new patch is released only to be faced with the identical issue.

The Only difference 1.07 did for me was make a game that ALWAYS and FREQUENTLY crashed under patches 1.03; 1.04; 1.05; to a game that refuses to load. Oh... Except that one try in 500 where I could play for 2mins.

When....oHHHHHHHHH WHEN will I get to enjoy this game, or will this experience forever put me off this game and company for good.....

Gameplaywise it´s running fine so far and I haven´t experienced any bugs / glitches - if it wasn´t for those damn freezes I would actually be able to enjoy the game ..

Guest 3839371

Xbox one again - had many enless loading screens today when loading or entering the game from the main menu.

I haven't encountered any serious bugs until now. The texture streaming in cutscenes still needs fixing, though. However, the performance is good as ever.

PC Version - Great.

Last edited:
So far one thing i have noticed is the encumbrance is not calculating properly. I seem to have 20 weight when my inventory is empty except for crafting materials. SO yes its not calculating encumbrance properly.

I haven't noticed that, does the items Geralt's wearing count toward the total weight?

I'll check.

I've checked and I have the issue on both PC and PS4.

Last edited:
like the fact that firestream can't be used to force shieldbearers to drop their shields any more.

It hardly does any damage since 1.07 -- I saw some threads asking CD Projekt RED to nerf it (I hope that's not what happened).

---------- Updated at 08:13 PM ----------

For the most part Patch 1.07 has been great on PC. My rig has just above recommended settings and that usually allows me to play with settings between medium and high.

However since 1.07 I have noticed a lot of stuttering and sudden fps drops in areas with a lot of characters (crows perch, Oxenfurt etc). This is quite annoying and even putting everything to low seems not to make a difference.

The stuttering issues started to sound common too. Someone was having a similar issue to this one, the fix should be provided within this post. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/53404-Stutter-since-1-07-even-at-60FPS?p=1857980#post1857980

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/54181-How-s-patch-1-07-working-for-you?p=1858028&viewfull=1#post1858028

---------- Updated at 08:37 PM ----------

So far, it's working quite well for me, my game performance increased about %50 my pc doesn't get under stress in big cities like Novigrad anymore.
FPS greatly increased from 30-40 to 45-60, now I play the game with pretty high settings, love the new books and weight addition and new movement style but weight calculation still bugs me cause I don't know where some of my weight comes from since most of the things don't have weight anymore.

But I think the game needs more difficult monsters and I don't like the quest exp design, it pretty much limits the player. So I expect higher level monsters(mean boss type) and some changes with the quest exp system and be able to go higher levels. (though I'm using mods to my taste for quest exp problem I would still love to see CDPR to change things in the vanilla game)

Btw I had only one random crash without error so far(in 30 hours)

I'm a bit disappointed with the open-world boss fights to be honest, there is so much we've yet to see. Imperial Manticores, Alps, Dragons and a few Bruxae like the good old-days. More fights where (Silver for Monsters - Soundtrack) will trigger and make you feel more excited about being in the fight.

I miss The Witcher-1 monsters and The Royal Huntsman contracts.

---------- Updated at 08:57 PM ----------

Following some of your other posts, if you don't already work for this CDPR they could do well to see how to respond well to feedback, so Thankyou for taking an approach I wish the company would!

I've been through some of the threads on the Tech Support and saw some people having a few problems and issues that I was having myself. Forums and communities such as this one were made for us to share our ideas and game-related problems with another and try to fix them (In my experience not all of them require Tech-Support) I just hope that people were able to get anything good out of it and they can actually play the game now.

It gets very close to finishing loading (so I see all the preamble over and over and....) and crashes to the main xbox menu.

Then randomly it loaded and I was In. First time over gawd knows how many attempts. I checked I could run, look around and jump. Checked inventory and saw new layout.

Ok quickly I create a new manual save and return to the game. I wanted to do business with a merchant so went to meditate and it crashed to xbox menu. It's very sudden, there's no lag, there's no warning just BAM and now the frustrations immediately return.

Now I say that because for the brief moment the game works I am almost willing to forgive it because it's a great concept. It's therefore sad that it's been poorly executed but I'll try not to be negative.

@Nicola11 Did any of the tips in the previous post I've made help? I know about the corrupted save-game issues with the Xbox one, I'm not sure if any of this will help but here it is if you're willing to try -- http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Witcher-3-Xbox-One-Version-Crippled-By-Save-Bug-72094.html

Also, I know it's frustrating, but try and start a new game and make sure it can save and then load. If it does then try and load your other saves, if it doesn't it may not be a problem with the save file but the game files on your system.

---------- Updated at 09:00 PM ----------

Gameplaywise it´s running fine so far and I haven´t experienced any bugs / glitches - if it wasn´t for those damn freezes I would actually be able to enjoy the game ..

I'm guessing you're on PC, this should help temporarily until they fix the issue in the next patch -- http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/53404-Stutter-since-1-07-even-at-60FPS?p=1857980#post1857980

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/54181-How-s-patch-1-07-working-for-you?p=1858028&viewfull=1#post1858028

---------- Updated at 09:09 PM ----------

I can't interact with Roche in "Get Junior".
Other than that, it's fine imo.

There has been a few cases where people managed to fix that issue without starting a new play-through. Fast travel to the partisan camp then use the fast travel sign again to go to the Frayer garden in Skellige islands then fast travel straight back and go in a direct line straight to the quest marker and a few 100m down you will find Roche running back to the partisan camp follow him but make sure you save as soon as you find him. follow him back and keep pushing him around as his current set path will have him get stuck in a tree ten meters from the camp (this took me a few attempts) then he will run to the mouth of the cave then run to his horse nearby then just follow him to the bridge.

A few people said that this method worked for them "OMG this actually works. I fast travel from Freya garden to Roche's hideout and he was there running back for his horse. I follow him and he finally arrived at the spot w/o any prob!"

Sources: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36nhr5/get_junior_quest_bug/
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...quest-bugged?p=1710045&viewfull=1#post1710045

Last edited:
Playing on xbox one since launch. Third playthrough. Problems like game difficulty reseting (fucking the achievments), quest starting retroactively (they were failing retroactively in 1.05), quests that were right before bugged now (the halfing merchant one ) and finally the slow dialogue in npcs along with performance decay (im not a FPS freak like so many, but i could feel that now in this patch).
Which Console are you on and which issues/bugs are you having?

I can't interact with Roche in "Get Junior".
Other than that, it's fine imo.

Is he actually at the bridge? If not, I remember him still chilling at his hideout, once I returned there he left for the bridge. If he is at the bridge however, and you can't interact with im, yeah... then it's a bummer :(

Xbox one version;
Started new game and all is working good,had one 2 second stutter in the bog.Just finished Get Junior with no problems.One thing i would advise is saving before fast traveling,had 2 infinite loadings when fast traveling.All is good besides that.

PC Version

I just experienced Novigrad 1.07 for the first time.... DAMN, the framerate is much smoother than before. Thank you, CDPR!

PC version - first playthrough, same save since launch, haven't reinstalled game after any patch.

I hadn't encountered any quest- or game-breaking bugs before 1.07, and still haven't. But my frame rate has declined slightly, and I have experienced a couple of new issues - armour becoming unequipped after visiting courtesans, excessive/inconsistent blurring of background objects (windows) during in-engine cut scenes (although as I'm on my first playthrough perhaps those scenes were always affected?), and having a square of shadowed pixels "stick" to Geralt in Novigrad after walking through a building silhouette in the early morning in Novigrad (an issue which I had seen reported by another player before 1.07). So overall, a minor negative for me.

I installed patch 1.07 a few days ago, the game been running very smoothly on my PC, most of the bugs and glitches I experienced before are gone and it's been great on my PS4 too, a lot of people are complaining about a lot of bugs and new issues they're having.

Care to share your opinion on the patch and which platform you're playing on? Feel free to describe your bug, maybe we can help each other figure out a way to fix them.

My problem has more to do with the fact that they may have reconfigured the game to use the CPU more, and my CPU isn't up to snuff, as I'm getting horrific stuttering making the game unplayable, whereas prior to 1.7 I was getting 60fps outdoors/35-40 heavily populated areas, BTW I have everything on ultra save for Nvidia hair @ 900p otherwise I'm doing fine as I reverted to 1.6 but I still mourn the loss of those nifty additions...

Is there any way that I could use a config setting as a work-around that anyone knows of, been googlin' for the answer, but turned up nothing, save for pre 1.7 ini settings and mods that don't work. I'm hoping it's not hard-coded into the patch...

Last edited:
Top Bottom