How's patch 1.07 working for you?

+

How's patch 1.07 working for you?

• Total voters
On pc for texture streaming issues make these modifications to your user.settings.

TextureStreamingHeadsDistanceLimit=40000
TextureStreamingCharacterDistanceLimit=40000
TextureStreamingDistanceLimit=40000

Changing these 3 to the value mentioned helped a lot. Now npc do not appear bland with unloaded textures.

Guest 3839371

@Gerald007
it worked after trying to load the saves several times ;) but thats no prob atm cause there is no other chance. Im just telling the issues i encounter through playing and i hope CDPJR reads them and fixes them :p

On pc for texture streaming issues make these modifications to your user.settings.

TextureStreamingHeadsDistanceLimit=40000
TextureStreamingCharacterDistanceLimit=40000
TextureStreamingDistanceLimit=40000

Changing these 3 to the value mentioned helped a lot. Now npc do not appear bland with unloaded textures.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me. I tested it on a conversation with Johnny. There are still camera angles showing his low detailed hair texture.

Yea that i got no idea how to fixed. Just got through johnny's part and his hair would sometimes go all plastic lego hair like and next back to normal hair.

GOG PC Version here and it got buggy.

I never had any problems with the Pop-In of NPCs but after 1.07 I have them. I reinstalled the game on my SSD instead of my HDD, maybe that is the problem. Although it doesn't make any sense.

And then I have a few bugs, like the "Wanna look at my stuff" quest and I have worse performance in Novigrad.

Guest 3830747

I have a question. Why are the patches seeming to cause so many problems for lots of people ? Like each time a patch is deployed, there's always threads that pop up about how the patch cause's more or just as many issues as it's meant to fix. Is it just the fact the game is so big ? or is it like the engine or something ?

Genuine question. I'm just curious. Because with most other games patches don't normally cause any problems. But with TW3 it seems like that each patch will all most certainly cause some sort of issue with your game if you install it. It feels kind of like a gamble each time you install one.

Last edited by a moderator:
---------- Updated at 09:00 PM ----------
I'm guessing you're on PC, this should help temporarily until they fix the issue in the next patch --

Gonna try those settings - thanks!

edit:
Well, doesn´t seem to do the trick for me either ... seems like I´ll have to put it on ice for good and check back in .. don´t know when .. :(

Last edited:
Is he actually at the bridge? If not, I remember him still chilling at his hideout, once I returned there he left for the bridge. If he is at the bridge however, and you can't interact with im, yeah... then it's a bummer :(

Please check this out and see if it helps, it should be the last part of that post -- http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...king-for-you?p=1860006&viewfull=1#post1860006

---------- Updated at 04:18 AM ----------

PC Version

I just experienced Novigrad 1.07 for the first time.... DAMN, the framerate is much smoother than before. Thank you, CDPR!

How bad was it?

---------- Updated at 04:24 AM ----------

PC version - first playthrough, same save since launch, haven't reinstalled game after any patch.

I hadn't encountered any quest- or game-breaking bugs before 1.07, and still haven't. But my frame rate has declined slightly, and I have experienced a couple of new issues - armour becoming unequipped after visiting courtesans, excessive/inconsistent blurring of background objects (windows) during in-engine cut scenes (although as I'm on my first playthrough perhaps those scenes were always affected?), and having a square of shadowed pixels "stick" to Geralt in Novigrad after walking through a building silhouette in the early morning in Novigrad (an issue which I had seen reported by another player before 1.07). So overall, a minor negative for me.

I've never been to a brothel in the game before, except for the times I had to go there during some quests. I'm going to go there and check it on both PC and PS4 and update you if I encounter the same issue (It could be related to specific systems or graphic cards).

---------- Updated at 04:31 AM ----------

My problem has more to do with the fact that they may have reconfigured the game to use the CPU more, and my CPU isn't up to snuff, as I'm getting horrific stuttering making the game unplayable, whereas prior to 1.7 I was getting 60fps outdoors/35-40 heavily populated areas, BTW I have everything on ultra save for Nvidia hair @ 900p otherwise I'm doing fine as I reverted to 1.6 but I still mourn the loss of those nifty additions...

I don't think they reconfigured it to use more CPU (I think that's an issue caused by the patch itself) -- I have an I7 960, it's considered old and it's not as good as most of the new CPUs, but it's been handling it fine, I've noticed an FPS drop sometimes which usually happens due to the new graphical improvements they added to the water-details and such.

Is there any way that I could use a config setting as a work-around that anyone knows of, been googlin' for the answer, but turned up nothing, save for pre 1.7 ini settings and mods that don't work. I'm hoping it's not hard-coded into the patch...

If you're referring to using the new implemented video settings, there is a few mods on Nexusmods to help with that one, but other than that, you won't be able to get the same configuration without the patch.

If you could specify a bit more about what exactly you're looking for, I could point out some of those mods for you (Hair-work Mod, more graphic adjustments mod, etc).

I don't think they reconfigured it to use more CPU (I think that's an issue caused by the patch itself) -- I have an I7 960, it's considered old and it's not as good as most of the new CPUs, but it's been handling it fine, I've noticed an FPS drop sometimes which usually happens due to the new graphical improvements they added to the water-details and such.

I have an AMD Phenom II x6 1055t /AMD Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x so yeah I expected a bit of stutter while loading LOD/scene assets due to minor bottle-necking, I average 35-45 in white orchard, 55-60 in outdoor areas while everything is set on ultra/save hairworks @ 1440x900, but with the 1.7 patch, yeesh, even when when my Frames stumble to 50, it stutters consistently between 40-50 even when stationary!

So yeah, the patch kicks the shit out of my performance...

If you're referring to using the new implemented video settings, there is a few mods on Nexusmods to help with that one, but other than that, you won't be able to get the same configuration without the patch.

If you could specify a bit more about what exactly you're looking for, I could point out some of those mods for you (Hair-work Mod, more graphic adjustments mod, etc).

I'm basically looking for the ini tweaks (And the config xml settings) that the patch changes, as I could easily swap out 1.6's config files for 1.7's but that would be foolish as I don't know what cascade effect it would cause for the overall game's stability...So yeah, my main concern is to get my stuttering back to normal, I'm prepared to deal with stutter when a map is loading a scene and it's assets, but not for a stationary target that doesn't even pan the scene at a constant shifting frame rate...

Last edited:
for me on GOG version of the game, 1.07 is a disaster. Difficulty was reset to very easy, the option to change diffculty has vanished being replaced with the movement option. I stopped receiveing achievements as well (armed and dangerous, mutant didnt register even i am wearing full superrior cat gear and have all mutagen slots filled. and on Win10 there is a problem with the game freezing for few seconds all the time (dualcore pentium, geforce 960), was runnig great on high at 1440p with same settings before with 40-50fps

PC player here, bought through GoG. After installing the patch everything seemed fine, but has been getting progressively worse... I can no longer play more than 5 minutes without the game going blackscreen, this has crept up on me since the 1.07 install, essentially giving me a minute or two less time between crashes, the first one being around an hour after starting, getting smaller playtime between crashes. Infuriating isn't the word, especially as I stream when I play and this is essentially losing me viewers. I just can't bring myself to play any more, I want to be able to play the game and feel the emotions while playing, NOT feel shit scared that the things gonna crash after every footstep. GAAH!! I want to concentrate on PLAYING not getting it to play... For me this is a broken product and as such will be subject to UK law. I REALLY don't want to have to have to take things further but will if it isn't sorted SOON. CDPR I love you guys but damn... QA is fucked.

Ever since patch 1.07 the steam achievements are not working for me anymore. For instance the "equip all witcher gear, or win a card game with 3 heroes in one round" did not work even though I fulfilled all the requirements.

Before this patch everything worked fine for me. I talked to several people on steam and it seemed everone had this same problem. Not all noticed it at once as some were way farther and already had a lot of the achievements. The game seems to run smooth in every other way though so I can still play but i would prefer to wait till this is solved as I actually enjoy getting achievements ;)

PS4 player here

So far the patch for me is working fine for me. What can I tell?
Let's say Pros and Cons for a easy read.

Pros:
- New alternative movement: Geral moves more dinamically and not like a "tank", I really like the new movement
- Stash is a nice addition
- Pin alchemy formulas is a really nice useful thing
- I'm a little suspect in this but it seems this patch improved the image quality. The image seems more sharper and realistic but can be my impression.
- Framerate improved a little, game runs smother (ATTENTION: I dind't go to the swamps so I don't know if there is worse or better than the previous patch)
- Pop-in textures improved a lot. I suffered to much with this on the previous patch when I was in Novigrad I needed to pause the game so the game could load the textures. So far nothing like before.
- Inventory management improved: the menus work faster than before
- Balanced fall damage (finally really this was very annoying)

Cons:
- Framerate sometimes continues to fall down in combat or exploring
- There's still some stuters while riding Roach
- Even it was massive improved, there's still some pop-in textures. Nothing like before but it continues a litlle
- While navigating in map there's too much stuters. Really I don't understand this. I can't explore the map without suffering this.
- Minimap sometimes doesn't show everything. It need some seconds to show everything.
- There's some collision bugs

For the time I don't remember more things which I should tell. As I said before I'm telling my experience so far .Today I can play the game and find more bugs which have appeared to some of you and not to me before and that's why I didn't put in the cons.

What I would like to have in the next patch
Things whice need to be implemented ASAP
- Improve more FPS
- Reduce pop-in even more.
- Improve loading times (especially in Velen/Novigrad. Others places aren't so bad)
- More quest/bug fixes

Some cool additions which could appear later in the game:
- Arena (this could be really cool like it was on The Witcher 2)
- Random dungeons like Diablo 3 or Bloodborne (But since this game is singleplayer exclusive I don't know how well this could work but I think it's worth a try)
- NewGame Plus (Continue with equipment, level, skills, items, etc but with more dificult and with new items to catch to help)
- Gwent online? hahahahahha :p (this is a joke but I think this could be really great hahaha :p )

Last edited:
Unfortunately 1.07 broke the game for me (PC), hard crashes (especially in Novigrad), unexprected performance hiccups and broken NPC like gnome trader or Roche.
Hopefully, fix is in the works.
:eek:kay:

PS4 player. Unfortunately Patch 1.07 is incredibly buggy for me. I can't talk to Roche in his quests (tried different saves at different points), Nidas dies before i get to him in Black pearl (one hit kills), hey you, quest won't let me talk to the merchant and merchants keep disappearing and reappearing during daylight hours. Before 1.07 everything worked fine.

This update seems to have fixed some issues that were, in my opinion, a little frustrating (like the horse stopping bridges and narrow passages) or quests showing up later in the game as failed when they were completed in a previous act but now I can't complete quests like "Hey, you wanna see my stuff" or undiscovered areas not showing discovered after locating them. After reading some of the threads. I'm guessing I'm going to run into the same problemof not being able to complete the story! Anything happening to "Fix the last Fix? By the way, I'm using the XBOX One version

Last edited:
Top Bottom