How's your performance?

+
I wanted to ask you guys your builds and what kinda performance you're seeing.

I'm playing on a 4k monitor.
ssd
i7-8700k
Evga 3080 ftw3
16gb ddr4 3600mhz
DLSS turned on

I'm averaging about 53fps.
Lowest I usually see it drop is 48, highest during gameplay is 70 but that's extremely rare.

I haven't had too many game breaking bugs, but lots and lots of tiny ones. Today got pretty bad though as it started to occasionally freeze for a second and make a loud buzzing noise then recover pretty quickly.
It hasn't done that until today, so I'm not sure what's changed.

I want to see from actual players what their setup is and their frame rate

Edit: Changed raytracing to ultra from pscyho (not sure I notice a difference) and changed dlss from auto - performance and I'm now sitting around 70fps. Definitely an improvement

Last edited:
R7 5800x @ 4.8Ghz
RTX 3080
64GB 3200Mhz
SSD

Maximum settings except no Psycho, with RTX Ultra and DLSS on Balanced. Average 100 fps after changing some settings:

"PoolCPU" to 32GB
"PoolGPU" to 10GB
75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08 to EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08 in the exe

HDD, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 1050, i7 7700HQ, Windows 10

Runs stable on medium settings and 30 FPS, works also with decent quality recording in OBS. Older consoles seem to be pretty messed up, but a pretty old (2016) laptop can manage and provide a decent experience.

-Ryzen 5600x (PBO off and 0.05 undervolt)
-MSI 1080 TI (MSI Afterburner: 100-117-90-75-200)(Deshrouded to keep temp <60C)
-32GB (4x8) 3600CL14 (tight timings)
-3440x1440 @ 144
-No file tweaks

55-65FPS on ultra minus film grain and stuff like theat. Dynamic FidelityFX CAS set to 74-75-100. I can hit target fps at Low and Medium presets.

I'm on a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.20GHz
32 gigs ram (man that was best call I ever made back when 32 was overkill still and games requested 8-16 only)
1080ti Graapgics card

I am running in ULTRA mode (obviously I don't have RayTracing or DLSS available cause of graphics card)

Day one I had a few lock ups to desktop
Day 2 I had ALLOT of lockups to desktop (that console patch really did a number on my connecting )
Day 3 and on I'm back to couple/few lock ups to desk top (but nothing serious and saving often completely eliminates the lost game time problem of a lock up)

Other then that the only real bug I have encountered is not being able to pick some stuff up, despite it laying right in front of me in the open. (and I don't consider that game breaking in any way. Oh no, I missed a record or coffee cup).

Game is running excellently
One of the best launches for a AAA game I seen in last 20 years truth be told.

I'll be honest with you. I went the Stadia route. (*prepares for a shunning*) About 6months ago I was looking at information for next generation consoles and came up with a few choices: upgrade my potato, get a xbox series x or buy the game on stadia. So $1000 give or take, $500 plus cost of game, or around 70 bucks. Best choice I made in a long time. No downloads, outstanding graphics and they even threw in a Chromecast Ultra as a preorder bonus. Despite the occasional hiccup I'm really enjoying the game.

I'll be honest with you. I went the Stadia route. (*prepares for a shunning*) About 6months ago I was looking at information for next generation consoles and came up with a few choices: upgrade my potato, get a xbox series x or buy the game on stadia. So $1000 give or take, $500 plus cost of game, or around 70 bucks. Best choice I made in a long time. No downloads, outstanding graphics and they even threw in a Chromecast Ultra as a preorder bonus. Despite the occasional hiccup I'm really enjoying the game.
Stadia isn't that bad. It had a rough launch, and after paying for it for a year, I couldn't justify any reason I was still paying for it. I had a high end gaming pc and could run them a little better than stadia could.
However, for those who don't have a high end gaming pc, or don't want to pay for the occasional upgrade, Stadia is awesome.

I tried cyberpunk on geforce now on my phone, and I was impressed at how well it ran.

I assume stadia is running the game in 4k, what kinda framerate is stadia doing? 60fps I assume? (I think chromecast ultra is only hdmi 2.0 so you probably can't do any better if you're playing on a tv)

My biggest reason for not playing on stadia is lack of mod support, but overall I think Stadia is a great thing.

i9-9900k

16GB 3000MHz

NVME

I've set the optimized digital foundry settings for 1440 ray tracing. Except I have set my ray tracing to Ultra.

I get aroun 40-60 sometimes dipping as low as 35.

Stadia isn't that bad. It had a rough launch, and after paying for it for a year, I couldn't justify any reason I was still paying for it. I had a high end gaming pc and could run them a little better than stadia could.
However, for those who don't have a high end gaming pc, or don't want to pay for the occasional upgrade, Stadia is awesome.

I tried cyberpunk on geforce now on my phone, and I was impressed at how well it ran.

I assume stadia is running the game in 4k, what kinda framerate is stadia doing? 60fps I assume? (I think chromecast ultra is only hdmi 2.0 so you probably can't do any better if you're playing on a tv)

My biggest reason for not playing on stadia is lack of mod support, but overall I think Stadia is a great thing.

isn't geforce now better? At least there you can play game outside the streaming platform

I7-8700K oc'd to 5Ghz
RTX 3080 STRIX
16Gb DDR4 @ 4000Mhz

I'm playing at 1080p with medium/low settings and get around 70-90 when doing most things. DLSS doesn't seem to add anything besides 1-3 FPS and it makes the game look awful. There are some areas where I can get 100+ but those are usually indoors or very far from the city. And there are a ton of areas where I get 40-60 FPS. Oh and the longer I play the worse the game runs, I start around 100ish FPS and eventually cant even get 60.

The game runs pretty badly and its optimization is awful. Not happy with this performance one bit.

Dlss isent some magic thing that makes FPS. It lowers the resolution and upscales it. at that resolution your generaly pretty much cpu locked anyways. Does seem like something else is going on tho. Most tests ive seen at 1080p ultra with a 3080 gets around 130 fps.

RTX 3090 KFA2
Ryzen 5950x
128 GB DDR4 3200
City 60-80
Desert 80-100
Everything max
Dlss - Quality
Resolution - 2560x1080

I7-8700K oc'd to 5Ghz
RTX 3080 STRIX
16Gb DDR4 @ 4000Mhz

I'm playing at 1080p with medium/low settings and get around 70-90 when doing most things. DLSS doesn't seem to add anything besides 1-3 FPS and it makes the game look awful. There are some areas where I can get 100+ but those are usually indoors or very far from the city. And there are a ton of areas where I get 40-60 FPS. Oh and the longer I play the worse the game runs, I start around 100ish FPS and eventually cant even get 60.

The game runs pretty badly and its optimization is awful. Not happy with this performance one bit.
You've got the same setup as me (different model for 3080). DLSS should definitely be making a difference, it's almost doubling mine.
Post automatically merged:

Dlss isent some magic thing that makes FPS. It lowers the resolution and upscales it. at that resolution your generaly pretty much cpu locked anyways.
DLSS is black magic. But no, in reality what it does is it lowers the resolution, then raises it back using AI. And it does an impressive job.

5800x
all stock except XMP

2560x1440 RT ultra DLSS balanced, 60 fps (capped) almost all the time with rare dips into 50s.

Im running:
3900x @ 4,.4 gzh
32 gb 3600 mhz ram
3090 strix oced to 2100/20000
All settings max exept film grain and dlss at balanced. get around 50-60 fps with dips to 40s sometimes. Looks great tho... First time i saw pacifica i was stunned..

My rig:
i7 9700
RTX 2060 Strix 6GB OC edition
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
2560x1440
All settings high/ultra except cascaded shadows and volumetric clouds at medium, film grain, motion blur etc off, RTX off and DLSS on balanced.
Getting 60 to 80 fps, buttery smooth and Night City looks awesome

Top Bottom