Hubert Rejk needs to be nerfed

+
Hubert needs buildup? Not at all.
You just need to play one single high damage card + Adda to get a 20+ swing.
Chronex and Unocorn are a 18 provision 20 swing combo, and one of them must stay on board one turn (same as order unit to boost Hubert). The difference is that you have many other possible boost sources, and you have a guaranteed higher swing.

The card is good as it is, but considered it's potential it should have higher provision.

No it should not, it's the unicorns that need to be nerved in this case of yours. They are actually destroying this game so bad as they are.

Well, you talk alot about order, but that's very different than charge. Hubert is best used with a charge deck, if you don't count Adda deck. You stack charges. Orders are not easy to stack at all, they will be removed almost always. Pretty much the only way to use order units IMO is with foltest and/or Zeal of some sort. But zeal also usually get removed if it comes with a unit.

But, my best success with Hubert has been with charge decks. It's not an easy deck to play as I said. But even if successfull, as someone mentioned, it will not really matter if Hubert boost 15 or 500, that's not what is winning you the round. The charge unit is what will likely win it for you. Let's say a Trebuchet with 8 charges, 24 damage. On top of that your units are probably already boosted with Dandelion or some other way.

I think it was resonable to change the provision cost for Hubert. I think there is nothing wrong with the design of the card. But I also don't think it would do any damage to lower his base value to 1 instead of 3. That wat, the risk when failing with Hubert is somewhat higher, and the reward slightly lower if you start at 1 instead of 3 when boosting.

Just to clarify:
Trebuchet: Order (Ranged): Damage 3 adjacent enemy units by 1.
Charge: 1.

What effectively let you do the damage is the Order. Every charge is as you can use the Order one time (infact to use the charges you manually click on the card and activate.... it's Order!)
It is a different way of stacking effects: you can put 6 units that have an Order, or put 1 that can use its order 6 times... You are still effectively stacking Orders effects.

Let's talk about another type of "No Order charges" - added in Crimson Curse today:

Dettlaff: Higher Vampire
Deathwish: Summon this unit from the Graveyard to the same row. This unit's ability is limited to 3 uses and does not refresh when it leaves the battlefield.

This is effectively as a charge effect...... without the Order!!! This is completely outside the Order mechanic, while still having a limited number of usage. Brilliant card, I must say...

As for the specific changes in Hubert (power, provisions), I think that's meaningless for the main purpose of what I want to say...

Finally, I think that stacking charges or Order has pretty much the same difficulty... either way opponent removes Order units or units that gives/have charges the same...

Hope I clarified what I meant..

Hubert does not need higher provisions. His provisions was already adjusted from 7 to 8, which was ok. Hubert boost only has a limited usefulness, beyond that it's just "triumph points".

The only adjustment that could/should be done to Hubert is adjust his base power from 3 to 1.. If anything.

Unicorns are overused. They seem to have adjusted the Witcher trio, due to it's overuse. Not sure I agree with this change. The ridiculous high provision cost for the trio and Roach. It's not so bad they adjusted it, but I think they did it due to overuse.

Top Bottom