Hubert Rejk?

+
Hubert Rejk?

I'm trying to figure out this new card of mine, Hubert Rejk. On the surface, it looks like a really cool card to play near the end of Round 3, which is what happened to me once, and I watched an opponent ring him up for @40+ points.

So, I've stocked the deck with 'units that boost' - from the gold bard, Priscilla, who boosts 5 units at 3 pts each, to Kaedwen Cavalry, that gain boosts off armor of others they destroy (which, I realize, is variable, so I wasn't 100% on those, but anyways). I also have Redanian Elites who boost themselves by 5 when their armor gets destroyed, Kaedweni Knights that boost by 5 when played from the deck, Aspirants that boost those on either side of them by 1 each round, etc.

So, here comes the moment of truth, right? I've had my first battle since putting the card in, we've swapped wins on the first 2 rounds and it's coming down to that final Round 3, and I get Hubert as my solitary draw card. Super curious to see just how many points he's going to drain from those boost units in the deck and give himself, right? So I put down ol' base 7 point Hubert Rejk and ....

The @#$%! stares back at me with his 7pts. No magic swirls go off, no bells and whistles, no ear-splitting roar of 30 or 40 something power emanates from the p.o.s. He just sits there. To which my opponent cheerfully interjects, "Crap Move !" Lmao, I'm inclined to agree.

So, for my own sanity, could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with this flippin' card?

Wyldefyre_CP , I've moved your question to Tactician's Corner, where, hopefully, someone may be able to offer some helpful instructions. Unfortunately, I don't run the card myself, so I'll have to leave this question to others.

Riven-Twain;n10415682 said:
Wyldefyre_CP , I've moved your question to Tactician's Corner, where, hopefully, someone may be able to offer some helpful instructions. Unfortunately, I don't run the card myself, so I'll have to leave this question to others.

Alright, thanks for the move, then. Hopefully someone there can chime in with a helpful response :)

Lose the armor. Thin decks leave very little for Hubert to feed off as you draw most of the boosted units . You need to boost the deck not what's on the board which is what the cards you mentioned do. You need effects like Dandelion rather than Priscilla

Run it as a finisher in a Termerian 40 card Foltest list. Blue stripe scouts, bloody baron. You can get Hubert to consistently come out at 20-30 points.

Example gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakaZZWcWto

Last edited:
hydra66 - Thanks for the suggestions and especially for the video clips - so, this card does not run AT ALL like I read it to run (it doesn't run off units potential boosts to themselves or each other one bit) it ONLY runs off boosts that have Already Been Applied to Cards Still In The Deck. Not to any units on the board, either, which explains my huge 0 Bonus earlier, as I had him in a Radovid deck.

Well, that's certainly a deflator considering the type of deck I've been running in no way at all supports this new card, lol ... but at least it gives me some ideas on what to do with him to make him effective now - thanks again.

Wyldefyre_CP;n10415792 said:
hydra66 - Thanks for the suggestions and especially for the video clips - so, this card does not run AT ALL like I read it to run (it doesn't run off units potential boosts to themselves or each other one bit) it ONLY runs off boosts that have Already Been Applied to Cards Still In The Deck. Not to any units on the board, either, which explains my huge 0 Bonus earlier, as I had him in a Radovid deck.

Well, that's certainly a deflator considering the type of deck I've been running in no way at all supports this new card, lol ... but at least it gives me some ideas on what to do with him to make him effective now - thanks again.

I've been watching Adam Nadrac (gwent streamer) recently and he's been playing a 40 card foltest deck like mentioned above, The Blue Scout's buff the majority of the deck like the Temerian Infranty, Azura Adedpts, Blue Stripe Commando's and many others.. plus the boost from Foltest giving every card +1 , the deck is a bit of a high roll deck where if you draw badly into bad cards you may aswell forfeit, however the deck can still have a 70% winrate.. you just need to figure out when it's best to concede a match or play on. But anyway this deck has a consistent finisher in Hubert.. who usually is a 30-40 point card.

Wyldefyre_CP;n10415792 said:
hydra66

Well, that's certainly a deflator considering the type of deck I've been running in no way at all supports this new card, lol ...

Judging from the initial post...

If you haven't already, take a look at Vincent as the chosen silver instead. Whereas Hubert benefits foltest, Vincent blows up all your armor for a decent point burst, esp if using cards like redanian elite which boost when armor stripped. It needs decent timing and can be iffy if pulled from the deck at the wrong time (stennis, dj) but it's a tool that'll make you less reliant on multiple cavalry cards in a long round.

example deck: https://youtu.be/qrtmTA9G4QI

Jhinjie96;n10420812 said:
I've been watching Adam Nadrac (gwent streamer) recently and he's been playing a 40 card foltest deck like mentioned above, The Blue Scout's buff the majority of the deck like the Temerian Infranty, Azura Adedpts, Blue Stripe Commando's and many others.. plus the boost from Foltest giving every card +1 , the deck is a bit of a high roll deck where if you draw badly into bad cards you may aswell forfeit, however the deck can still have a 70% winrate.. you just need to figure out when it's best to concede a match or play on. But anyway this deck has a consistent finisher in Hubert.. who usually is a 30-40 point card.

A 70% win-rate??? I'm not sure any deck could do that even if a player were allowed to choose his/her starting hand! If true, that would be the best deck in the history of CCGs. I've looked over this deck, and while it looks like fun and can be competitive (i.e. close to 50% at up to 3700MMR in my opinion), it's not going to be viable to make GM, or even get close! I'm fairly sure it can achieve a 70% lose rate at R18 and on, but no way is it getting close to even 55% win-rate (overall).

hydra66 - I hear you there with Vincent - I don't actually own that card yet, but I had been giving it the serious eyeballin' for the Radovid deck. At this point I'm going to leave it alone and construct a separate Foltest deck to try out ol' Hubert. The suggestions have been very helpful :)

As for win rates, well ... I'd just be happy to get out of the Rank 19 and on to 20 during one of the two seasonal things I've been here for (19 seems to be my stopping point, lol). At that point, I'm lucky to be breaking over 50-50 with pretty much any of my decks, so, hey, I'll give just about anything the ol' college try ...

I run hubert with foltest and commandos his minimum value for me is 17, you need to have him played before running your boosted cards out of the deck. More boosted cards in deck the better the value

Mancoon1980;n10430572 said:
I run hubert with foltest and commandos his minimum value for me is 17, you need to have him played before running your boosted cards out of the deck. More boosted cards in deck the better the value

Yeah, I've played it twice now (both times I was fortunate enough to start out with Hubert in the initial draw. I've had mid and low 20s hits with him so far. Part of this is b/c with 40 cards in the deck, I'm running a series of things that 'thin' the deck - the losing by 20 horsemen, the get 3 out at once soldiers, the other blue stripe guys that follow the commandos out onto the field, the replicating skel-by-spell ... I might be better served to try putting a few heftier 'meat and potatoes' type units in there, but ... that would probably step in the way of the Alzur's Double Cross I'm planning to add to the deck to have better luck finding Hubert when he's not already in hand ... hmmmm ... tough choices ... haha

Hubert Rejk 45 Strenght but how?

I just played against a Foltest who spammed endless soldiers like Blue Strips and poor infantry and then buffet them up with field medic. ( boost Solider allies by 1) That's was really powerful to see him play an 8 strength card plus 20+ power boosting every solider on the board. Not sure if that's right. Even if he plays only 3 poor infantry, Field Medic is worth 17 points.

Whatever, so I lost the first round, he or she bleed me in the second and then drop Hubert Rejk in the last round with 45 strength... ehhhhh how? He had 12+ decks in his deck.Let's say he got 20. (Already more than he had) Foltest buffed those 20 cards. So he is a 27 strength card if Hubert drains all the power. But 45...how the hell did he drain 38 strength? Is this a bug? Or those he counts all the cards...even those who were played already in the first round?

Hubert Rejk: Drain all boosts from units in your deck. When I get it right....he takes all the strength from cards left in your deck. I have no idea how he got so strong. The only buff he got was from Foltest and Blue Strips. And even that shouldn't give him 45 Strenght. Can someone explain that? Or is that a bug.

I got it to 51 once :)

Keep in mind that some of those units, like Temerian Infantry are buffed by Blue Stripes Scout aswell, so just by having these 3 units in your deck boosts Hubert by 12.

If he plays blue strips scout multiple time, he buffs alle units with the same strenght in his deck. Maybe he had some cards left, which he buffed this way earlier.

Oh boy, and you guys think the card is okay? Why do I even use bloody Baron and Ciri if I got him? You can even low the risk to not draw him with Alzures. And Field Medic....20+ points on the field if you play her with a lot of soldiers on board.

PandaLin;n10458012 said:
Oh boy, and you guys think the card is okay? Why do I even use bloody Baron and Ciri if I got him? You can even low the risk to not draw him with Alzures. And Field Medic....20+ points on the field if you play her with a lot of soldiers on board.

Alzurs is negated a little now that Field Medic is 8pts - all the while you have one of them and Hubert in deck, ADC is not guaranteed on Hubert.... or I don't think it is; have to have a play around with that some I think.
Secondly, to get a really fat Hubert, he really needs to be played with a Foltest 40 card deck; chances of these decks bricking cards is a lot higher as the pool of cards to draw from is huge and can give you hands that aren't great; eg you can go the whole game and not see a Gold card.... so you need to thin like a champion - not easy to do if you have a handful of single use cards... and you need to get out as many soldiers and buffs as possible to make him really tall. It's not easy, not guaranteed (like some other high point finishers) and is entirely situational. I don't have any issues with Hubert as he is right now and would give a GG to anyone that managed a 30pt + Hubert as they probably deserved it.

A lot of these decks run Bloody Baron, which can be a huge buff for Hubert (especially when playing against consume, where Baron alone can be 30+ strength).

Top Bottom