Hubert Rejk?

+
Wyldefyre_CP;n10430692 said:
Yeah, I've played it twice now (both times I was fortunate enough to start out with Hubert in the initial draw. I've had mid and low 20s hits with him so far. Part of this is b/c with 40 cards in the deck, I'm running a series of things that 'thin' the deck - the losing by 20 horsemen, the get 3 out at once soldiers, the other blue stripe guys that follow the commandos out onto the field, the replicating skel-by-spell ... I might be better served to try putting a few heftier 'meat and potatoes' type units in there, but ... that would probably step in the way of the Alzur's Double Cross I'm planning to add to the deck to have better luck finding Hubert when he's not already in hand ... hmmmm ... tough choices ... haha

For you, I would strongly recommend playing with Lesser Demons. I have seen posts in these forums ridiculing that card, but I tell you from personal experience, played properly, it will seal more victories than cause defeats. When I was using it, I tended to drop it early in R1, at the beginning of R2 (if I lost R1), or as the second-to-last card in R3. With the latter scenario, the idea is that you pick the card you want out of the deck, and have a 50% chance of retaining it. Of course, the R3 scenario is least desirable, but if you don't have Hubert by then, and you need to get him to win the game it's worth a shot.

Philologus;n10470202 said:
Do reavers also buff in the deck?

Yeah: "Boost all copies of this unit by 1 wherever they are - repeat this ability whenever a copy of this unit is played" is the text on the card.

x1Cygnus;n10470312 said:
Yeah: "Boost all copies of this unit by 1 wherever they are - repeat this ability whenever a copy of this unit is played" is the text on the card.

Well, with Operator, those Reavers in the deck can be boosted to high-heaven.

Philologus;n10470342 said:
Well, with Operator, those Reavers in the deck can be boosted to high-heaven.

True, but Operator is a bit... well, meh. There's not much space for it as Silvers in that sort of deck are quite tight; once you've got your tactics cards plus Stennis & Dethmold and/or Margarita, there's really not much calll for Operator. Also, in a 40 card deck, there's absolutely no guarantee that you will draw it, and as far as I'm aware you can't call it from any of the "tactics" cards either, so it becomes kinda dead.

Ok I've figured this out. The ultimate Troll strategy (going with the NR theme):

Discard most soldiers.
Play Foltest to buff the deck.
Play Thaler, assuming you can roll him, or pull him with another card.
Play Prize-Winning Cow, assuming you can roll/pull this card as well.
Hope the opponent passes.
Play Hubert to win the round.

Even if the cow gets popped, it puts you up another 13 points, but with no carry-over.
If the opponent does not pass though, then Hubert is most likely burnt toast.
That puts you in a bad spot, unless you can draw the round out further.

Just a troll deck anyways, don't take it seriously.
Forces opponent to either play round 1 or pass.
Potentially puts you up 1 card in round 3, or forces them to play 15+ str to win round 2's Chort carry-over.
Actually, it's probably better to play out round 2.
There's a high probability the cow gets popped, and then Hubert removed though, which is gave over.

I think Hubert is the real troll here. Only works if opponent passes round 1 with a large lead, otherwise dead 7pt silver card.

Also, Hubert's strength is all borrowed, not his own. ie: Foltest does the buffing, so Hubert is just a conditional 7pt silver.

Last edited:
Top Bottom