HUD Settings, How to disable enemy health bars?

+
Enemy health bars look horrible and I can't seem to turn them off, there are quite a few HUD options there isn't an option for it seems.
Post automatically merged:

The only enemy health bars option is for bosses only, why wouldn't you be able to also toggle "regular" enemies? There should also be able to turn off item icons and the arrows above NPC's heads.

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same thing!
There's the ''Boss Health Bars" enable/disable HUD option?... and you can disable damage float (thank ####!!!!) numbers... and pretty much everything else can be disabled, you're right.
But not these white lines above enemies? I can't see a way.

They serve no point. I really want them gone :p We all know that unless you hit the enemy in the head, they'll take much less damage.
And in my opinion, they distract from the beautiful graphics, and the satisfying and comical animations/sound effects the enemies make when hit.

yeh it's baffling, huh.

you can turn off everything, besides the health-bars, and those floating mission waypoints.

everything said here also applies to those floating quest waypoint markers. can't see a way to hide them?

Yep would love to turn off health bars and the stupid HEAD SHOT CRITICAL numbers can't stand them. reminds me of borderlands, it's supposed to be immersive and that stuff is awful.

Yep would love to turn off health bars and the stupid HEAD SHOT CRITICAL numbers can't stand them. reminds me of borderlands, it's supposed to be immersive and that stuff is awful.
you can turn off the floating damage numbers.

you CAN'T turn off the health bars or floating objective markers

Attachments

• deborderland.jpg
    deborderland.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 441
THEY GOTTA. it's insane.

They have so many options for HUD, yet nothing for these obnoxious yellow markers, enemy and loot outlines, icons on loot, enemy health bars? Xp notifications? New area notifications? New item recieved notifications?!!!??

why would someone who wants to turn off the rest of the interface crap, then be happy with the rest of this CRUD being FORCED and permanently on, Devs???

I haven't had many other problems with the game otherwise.

But i can even tell, i'll be running towards the huge yellow waypoints, reading ''objective x or y, 250m" and ignoring or not paying enough attention to the beautiful graphics.
Same in combat - i am not looking at the amazing animations and character models, or where my bullets are landing on the enemy. No. I'm just staring at a tiny white line above their head until it gone. Then i'm staring at stupid glowing highlights of their bodies and tons of item info icons.

It entirely steals your focus, this HUD crud...

I'd love to take more recordings of the gameplay, but frankly, it just feels tacky, all the HUD crap all over the screen, i mean, go to a shop, buy a bunch of food, its 5 minutes of meta-info spam "new item recieved, new item recieved". If i go for a big shop, i'll literally leave the game unpaused and go take a 2minute break, in the hope I can continue playing without the ''new item recieved" spam, cos it goes on and on. All of the HUD crap gets queued up and it allllll has an annoying NOISE!

That's the other part. This interface crap, we need a seperate slider for INTERFACE NOISE VOLUME

all the clicks, boobs, jazzy sounds, the meta-noises, not coming from anywhere in the world. They literally assault you with them, too. I hate these sounds.

And the music. I LOVE ingame music, don't get me wrong. I love it so much. Listening to music in the car, FROM THE CAR RADIO. listening to the radio in your house, the one on the coffee table, awesome.
But they need to seperate the sliders for volume, there, too. INGAME MUSIC and BACKGROUND/COMBAT MUSIC need to be seperate sliders. They are different, i mean, realistically, i want to hear the world music. REALISTICALLY, i do not want to be forced to hear background/atmospheric/combat music. One is a realistic world element. One is ... trash, just put there because idiots expect it to be there.
Why is this EVEN A DAMN PROBLEM in 2020? I do not want to hear 'dundundundana, dunadunaduna, wiiiiw" on constant repeat for combat. I do not want to hear NON-INGAME music. If i wanted to listen to music over the game, i'd alt tab and put on some music of my choosing!
Combat music can suck a fat one. I hate the non-game music, so, so, so much lol

Top Bottom