Huge FPS drops with Ray tracing

+

Guest 4545428

Hi there.

Just before the Cyberpunk release I got myself a pretty decent new rig with an RTX 3070 and Ryzen 5600x.
I was playing at 4k with DLSS and basic Ray tracing options enabled (shadows and reflections). However from the first time I ran the game I had an annoying bug when the fps dropped from 50-60 to 30 and never came back. So I had to restart the game and play without any problems for another 15-20 to get it once more.
Obviously I've tested this problem with different settings and finally realized that it was only occurring with the ray tracing options enabled.
Since then I've played through the game with no ray tracing at all, while my rig was more than capable of running it.

Don't get me wrong the game looks fine even without the ray tracing. I'm just hoping that one day this mess will be fixed and I can do my second playthrough with all options turned on without having to restart the game every 15 minutes.

Ray tracing is still very much in the "experimental" phase. Your fps will vary massively depending on what is on and not. Your "fps dropping from 50-60 to 30" sounds like Vsync, though.

Guest 4545428

Ray tracing is still very much in the "experimental" phase. Your fps will vary massively depending on what is on and not. Your "fps dropping from 50-60 to 30" sounds like Vsync, though.
Yes, it actually is. Sometimes when this fps drop happens I switch the vsync off and everything goes back to normal for another 15 minutes (or till I encounter some specific visual effect which triggers this drop).
I'm playing on the 2019 Samsung TV with a Freesync option available. So obviously I've tried all of the possible options. Vsync on/off, freecync on/off, multitute of Nvidia control panel tweaks, different patches up to the 1.1 and still no luck.

The game runs perfectly and looks much better than vanilla version during those 15 minutes. So it's a shame I can't run it any longer without a restart.

Top Bottom