Huge plot-hole (spoilers from "The Heist")

+
So, it's no secret that Jackie dies early on; they showed that in the trailer, for crying out loud.

But here's the problem: I'm carting around, like, 100+ health packs...and I can't spare one for my best friend???

Those things will bring V back from the very brink of death, but it never occurs to anybody--not even Jackie, himself!--to say, "Hey, V...wanna toss your good buddy a health-inhaler? Thanks, choomba!"

I mean, seriously. That one has been bugging me.
I liked Jackie; he was like a brother-from-another-mother (I collect those in real life, too; some guys just get attached in a completely platonic way, and I have no idea whycome), and if I'd had a way to keep him alive, I would have used it. And yet, I have the means to do so right there, and just decide to plain not bother. Hmph.

Maybe that's the point.

Well, I mean, you're not wrong that making the player like Jackie is quite deliberate.

However...

It would have been the worst if jackie would have been an insignificant character that nobody cares that he dies :D

...this is not really the source of my displeasure. I'm glad he wasn't a rando gonk at the time of his death, of course.
I just think his death makes no sense, given the circumstances. In real life, I'd have stabbed him with a MaxDoc before he stuck the bio-chip into his noodle.

Gameplay mechanics don't translate into the story. Just because you have a bunch of items in the game, doesn't mean you do in real time. I mean, if items translated into the story, Aerith would've never died because they could just pop a phoenix down.

Likewise later in the story, Goro is injured/hungry and I cant give him any of the 100+ health/food items Im carrying. Not that he would want to eat them of course.

So, it's no secret that Jackie dies early on; they showed that in the trailer, for crying out loud.

But here's the problem: I'm carting around, like, 100+ health packs...and I can't spare one for my best friend???

Those things will bring V back from the very brink of death, but it never occurs to anybody--not even Jackie, himself!--to say, "Hey, V...wanna toss your good buddy a health-inhaler? Thanks, choomba!"

I mean, seriously. That one has been bugging me.
I liked Jackie; he was like a brother-from-another-mother (I collect those in real life, too; some guys just get attached in a completely platonic way, and I have no idea whycome), and if I'd had a way to keep him alive, I would have used it. And yet, I have the means to do so right there, and just decide to plain not bother. Hmph.
The game is full of these moments, why couldn't I hack the drone that attacked at the top of konpeki plaza, or Adam Smasher before he kills Rogue/Saul. Also trauma team could have easily revived Saburo. Another quest involves delivering someone that is injured to a nomad, can't give them health inhaler. The game just isn't that interactive, or well thought out. It's very linear.

The game is full of these moments, why couldn't I hack the drone that attacked at the top of konpeki plaza, or Adam Smasher before he kills Rogue/Saul. Also trauma team could have easily revived Saburo. Another quest involves delivering someone that is injured to a nomad, can't give them health inhaler. The game just isn't that interactive, or well thought out. It's very linear.
I don't think T.T. can help someone who's already flatlined.

Casualized health system that this game has, doesn't apply to story.
Cyberpunk 2020 used to have mortal wound system (and you could get to that state just by eating one bullet), and boosters did jack shit to help you in that situation.

According to Delamain, Jackie's external iliac artery has ruptured, and he has severe internal bleeding. And to my understanding, the airhypo is just an adrenalin shot, which means that it would make Jackie bleed out even faster since it speeds up the heart rate.
A Maxdoc isn't an airhypo, the airhypo appears to be bounce back. Also in Cyberpunk they should have nanosurgeon tech that is injected. A lot of lore was stripped out of 2077.
Post automatically merged:

Casualized health system that this game has, doesn't apply to story.
Cyberpunk 2020 used to have mortal wound system (and you could get to that state just by eating one bullet), and boosters did jack shit to help you in that situation.
And a death state.

Last edited:
A Maxdoc isn't an airhypo, the airhypo appears to be bounce back.
Vic gave V a MaxDoc at the beginning of Act I, which, according to him, is a stimulant. Stimulants can increase heart rate. But if it so happens that that one doesn't, it still wouldn't help Jackie from bleeding out.

Therefore, we can conclude that there was no way of saving Jackie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom