Huge plot-hole (spoilers from "The Heist")

+
Vic gave V a MaxDoc at the beginning of Act I, which, according to him, is a stimulant. Stimulants can increase heart rate. But if it so happens that that one doesn't, it still wouldn't help Jackie from bleeding out.

Therefore, we can conclude that there was no way of saving Jackie.
As I said in another post there are nanosurgeons, and reviving people after death is a lot easier, within a certain time limit, in Cyberpunk. Unfortunately a lot of that requires bioware and other medical technology which is basically unmentioned in 2077. It does exist but it's ignored and not very defined. The relic's nanites could be considered a form of bioware. The Animals use bioware for gene editing, and Biotechnica has an advertisement in game for the same thing. A cryotank could have preserved both Jackie's and Saburo's bodies until they were repaired and then they could have been revived.

Doesn't the radio station that plays Samurai mention that Saburo has been using some kind of restoration tank before the events of the game?

Doesn't the radio station that plays Samurai mention that Saburo has been using some kind of restoration tank before the events of the game?
Saburo has been pushing the limits of medical technology to stay alive for decades, not sure about a restoration tank.

They went in with nothing on them, technically. It's also safe to assume that they didn't stop to grab any since they were in a hurry.

Likewise later in the story, Goro is injured/hungry and I cant give him any of the 100+ health/food items Im carrying. Not that he would want to eat them of course.

food... lol ......I'm carrying enough food to feed all the homeless ....keep hording it looking for a reason....maybe I'll feed the nomads.. nope can't do that either

As I said in another post there are nanosurgeons, and reviving people after death is a lot easier, within a certain time limit, in Cyberpunk. Unfortunately a lot of that requires bioware and other medical technology which is basically unmentioned in 2077. It does exist but it's ignored and not very defined. The relic's nanites could be considered a form of bioware. The Animals use bioware for gene editing, and Biotechnica has an advertisement in game for the same thing. A cryotank could have preserved both Jackie's and Saburo's bodies until they were repaired and then they could have been revived.
Yes, there might be other ways of saving Jackie, as you said. But from V's perspective and the situation V is in, all of that information is completely irrelevant, thus making Jackie's death inevitable no matter what.

Last edited:

msxyz

Forum regular
Same as Delamain can't change the destination (weird).
That's the plot hole for me. I can understand that Jackie's wound was so severe that a mild medicament doesn't work, but in my playthorugh I had already over 400K eddies so I could have paid Dalemain to take us anywhere (The hotel is actually closer to the hospital than Vic's clinic). But, well... videogames are full of 'deus ex machina' moments in which you can't alter the course of the plot even if logic would say it should be.

That's the plot hole for me. I can understand that Jackie's wound was so severe that a mild medicament doesn't work, but in my playthorugh I had already over 400K eddies so I could have paid Dalemain to take us anywhere (The hotel is actually closer to the hospital than Vic's clinic). But, well... videogames are full of 'deus ex machina' moments in which you can't alter the course of the plot even if logic would say it should be.
This is another example of "Having x in the game doesn't mean you have it in the story". It's obvious in The Rescue. You can have several healing items by the time you reach the bathroom, what does V do when Dorsett flatlines? Ask Jackie for one.

yeah according to in game descriptions give Jackie a lot of food and some inhalers and he should have been fine

"So, it's no secret that Jackie dies early on; they showed that in the trailer, for crying out loud.

But here's the problem: I'm carting around, like, 100+ health packs...and I can't spare one for my best friend???

Those things will bring V back from the very brink of death, but it never occurs to anybody--not even Jackie, himself!--to say, "Hey, V...wanna toss your good buddy a health-inhaler? Thanks, choomba!"
Its a Cutscene and they didn't want us saving Jackie. I too had like a Million maxdocs and whatever and couldn't toss him one.

Its like when Panam got shot and she says "Looks expired" and I'm thinking "Why can't give her one of my 100+ Mk 2 MaxDocs??"

Yeah I was PISSED with that Trailer of Jackie dying. I was like.. "What the Hell??" That's when I started being concerned about the game.

Top Bottom