Humans of Night City — Big Joe

+
1920x1080-2_BIG_JOE_COVER.jpg

My ol’ man was always drunk. Day, night, whatever, didn’t matter. Look, Pacifica’s no picnic and we was scrapin’ by like, barely. What else you gonna do? Dear dad drank to forget about things. ‘Bout me. Least then he was quiet. Anyways, that’s how I met Kirk. One school day. Y’know, it’s funny – I liked school. Had no friends, classes was fuckin’ lame and the kids were all out to get me. But they had hot, square meals, and I was a big boy. Always hungry. So one day I come home, dad’s already there. Already sloshed, nothin’ left in the fridge. I head to the diner round the corner. I sit, Kirk’s over there in the next booth. I get me the number two, cheapest scop on the menu. Kirk gets up, plants himself across from me and hands me half his burger. Choom, I can still taste it. You don’t get synthloin at school, I’ll tell you that. We start talkin’. He didn’t have a dad to grumble about, so I grumbled about mine. And Kirk, he listened. “Want more of that synthjunk?” he asked as we was leavin’. “You work for me, you’ll be eatin’ like that every day.” And I did. Like I said, always hungry.

V fails a mission that Wakako gives to you. Big joe didn't like my insults from earlier so he plotted his revenge. This results in V and Jackie to jump into an armored Delmain to escape. Wakako Okada appears on the screen in front of V and we discover it was her that set you up for failing an important quest.

Big Joe reminds me this young man I knew, a bit like him, fat and convinced that his appearance was scary. He too had a very sad end of life. He didn't hurt anyone; he wanted to impose {he needed to assert himself on a daily basis towards others}

Yes, please!
Anything that gives the NPCs and the city more depth.
It looks so beautiful but still so many very, very basic things that make a city feel alive are missing.

This is not the type of promotion you should be doing at this late stage.
"Maybe" it's just a simple fun text about a guy who you encounter in Street Kid path. A guy who ingame, said strictly nothing :)
(little background on pretty mysterious guy)

In short, for me, no need to imagine or speculate on probable future content/DLC based on this guy. This is the last character that would come to my mind for a DLC...
Especially since he dies in the middle of the game...
I don't remember, but maybe even with hamburger in his hand :D

Last edited:
"Maybe" it's just a simple fun text about a guy who you encounter in Street Kid path. A guy who ingame, said strictly nothing :)
(little background on pretty mysterious guy)
That is the problem of the game. Player doesnt rly have any longer convos or questlines with interesting side chars. He is always around the core 6 ppl (panam,silverhand,judy,river,kerry,rogue) and nothing more. Others chars are there for few minutes and are gone (meredith, corp boss jenkins, voodoo boys,lizzy wizzy etc.).
Instead of focusing so much on these 6 and giving them many long quests( everybody has at least 3 long questlines) they could introduce more chars that are our quest givers. Witcher did just that, it didnt focus so long on few side characters. It made world more interesting and u dont feel so closed off bec u are around so many different chars not only few core ppl

Last edited:
That is the problem of the game. Player doesnt rly have any convos or meet many interesting side chars. He is always around the core 6 ppl (panam,silverhand,judy,river,kerry,rogue) and nothing more. Others chars are there for few minutes and are gone (meredith, corp boss jenkins, voodoo boys,lizzy wizzy etc.).
Instead of focusing so much on these 6 and giving them many long quests they could introduce more chars that are our quest givers. Witcher did just that, it didnt focus so long on few side characters. It made world more interesting and u dont feel so closed off bec u are around so many different chars not only few core ppl
It's not a problem of the game. It's a problem for you. It's not the same :)
Me, I prefer less characters but well written than more characters but underdeveloped (matters of tastes).
Anyway, it's not the good thread for talking about problems ;)

Top Bottom