Humans of Night City — Big Joe

+
1920x1080-2_BIG_JOE_COVER.jpg

My ol’ man was always drunk. Day, night, whatever, didn’t matter. Look, Pacifica’s no picnic and we was scrapin’ by like, barely. What else you gonna do? Dear dad drank to forget about things. ‘Bout me. Least then he was quiet. Anyways, that’s how I met Kirk. One school day. Y’know, it’s funny – I liked school. Had no friends, classes was fuckin’ lame and the kids were all out to get me. But they had hot, square meals, and I was a big boy. Always hungry. So one day I come home, dad’s already there. Already sloshed, nothin’ left in the fridge. I head to the diner round the corner. I sit, Kirk’s over there in the next booth. I get me the number two, cheapest scop on the menu. Kirk gets up, plants himself across from me and hands me half his burger. Choom, I can still taste it. You don’t get synthloin at school, I’ll tell you that. We start talkin’. He didn’t have a dad to grumble about, so I grumbled about mine. And Kirk, he listened. “Want more of that synthjunk?” he asked as we was leavin’. “You work for me, you’ll be eatin’ like that every day.” And I did. Like I said, always hungry.

That is the problem of the game. Player doesnt rly have any longer convos or questlines with interesting side chars. He is always around the core 6 ppl (panam,silverhand,judy,river,kerry,rogue) and nothing more. Others chars are there for few minutes and are gone (meredith, corp boss jenkins, voodoo boys,lizzy wizzy etc.).
Instead of focusing so much on these 6 and giving them many long quests( everybody has at least 3 long questlines) they could introduce more chars that are our quest givers. Witcher did just that, it didnt focus so long on few side characters. It made world more interesting and u dont feel so closed off bec u are around so many different chars not only few core ppl
The whole point I suppose is that V's situation causes these 6 core characters to be around you, but they are not the only well written characters. Its just that most others have their own business going on.
I would even go as far as to say the only actual core character is Takemura since you have to follow through his questline entirely.
You will meet Panam initially for the Hellman thing, after that you can never bother to go to her again. same for Judy I believe, you only have to do the clouds mission thats effectively with her tagging along. The VDBs mission isn't even with Judy, she just texts once.
And if I were to count that, Panam and Judy get no more screentime as many other interesting character. And personally I would not even call Rogue a main character because she's basically only in the sequences you're forced to do while being Johnny, but as V you have exceptionally little to do with her.

What you're asking for, sounds to me as just twice the amount of game for a main story, which I can relate to in a way.

Top Bottom