Humans of Night City — Ruth Dzeng

+
1920x1080_RUTH_DZENG_COVER.jpg

“Tell me something about yourself?” Really, Ziggy? Come on, how about YOU tell ME something about myself. I’m an open book. Like, literally though, you can read all about me in my autobiography, not that this is a shameless plug or anything. But anyway, fine, let’s talk Ruth Dzeng. My business card says Political Comedy Show Host – no quotation marks on any of those words, thank you very much. The beautiful wackos who watch my show go wild when I talk shit about politics. They love me. Never give me shit either, not even for smoking like a tire fire. Nasty habit? Sure. Better to get lung cancer than get addicted to Black Lace, go cyberpsycho and have MaxTac put you outta your misery. Or even worse – go sober. Ugh. Sanctimonious gonks think they’re gonna live forever. Here’s an infoflash: unless you got enough eddies pouring out your ass to Secure Your Soul, I'll see you down at the columbarium with the rest of us. Before that happens though, I’ll see ya on the airwaves, Night City!

Great :)
I think it could be good to add a link for those (like me), who didn't recognize her at first :(
Ruth Dzeng
My name is spelled D-Z-E-N-G, for fuck's sake!

I'll be honest. I didn't want to write this book. But they paid me, so here it is. Well actually, it was written by a ghostwriter (hey Jake!) - just kidding, I haven't lost all my self-respect. Not yet...

So, who even reads books nowadays? I thought people only bought them to decorate their apartments. At least, that's what I do. By the way, wouldn't it be better to just get rid of shelves altogether? Something to think about.

So where was I? Or, right. So the publisher told me that they want to publish my autobiography and do I have any questions? Of course I asked them if I could swear like the drunken sailor I am and they said, "Sure. We'll see."

Shit, fuck, cunt-licking asshole. Hey! It works! Now that that's over with, let's move on.

You might've seen me on T.V, where I host a satirical show called "Infoflash." It's a pretty sweet gig. Once a week I get to read smarmy jokes off a teleprompter written by our interns and they pay me more than you make in a year! Isn't capitalism fabulous?

All right, but how did I get here, you ask? Simple: one of my dad's colleagues was a show-runner at N54 news, and suddenly I found myself going around with a coffee pot. Refills, anyone? It was all unpaid, of course. Apart from that, there wasn't much to do, so you could usually find me out back, taking one of my hundred-or-so daily "smoke breaks." For some reason, people thought I was funny - somehow the shit that came out of my mouth made grown men cry with laughter. So they plopped me down in front of a camera and I just kind of winged it from there.

How do you get to where I am? Well, you can't, because your dad doesn't have a show-runner friend at N54, and it's not like they're going to pluck some rando off the street. Don't you know people like me aren't supposed to rub shoulders with bottom-feeders like you? Oh, and did I already mention that capitalism is fabulous?

Last edited:
Another character I thought from the trailers would be cool, but then in the game just blended into a background that didn't interest me at all, sadly.

Unpopular opinion but these Humans of NC and CP in numbers posts are so drawn-out at this point. It was interesting the first three times but then I expected some real info or communication from the team. I wouldn't mind such posts at all if there was some genuine communication alongside.

Unpopular opinion but these Humans of NC and CP in numbers posts are so drawn-out at this point. It was interesting the first three times but then I expected some real info or communication from the team. I wouldn't mind such posts at all if there was some genuine communication alongside.

I mean, the reason there's not been communication for seven months was because they spent 7 months fixing bugs. Not really much to say there. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't communicate because the answer, "We need a year to get this working properly" isn't the best thing to share.

"HUMANS OF NIGHT CITY — RUTH DZENG"

At first I thought, "Ruth Dzeng... Ruth Dzeng... Who was that again?" Then it came to me, "Oh yeah... That girl from the loading screen."

I loved hearing this girl on TV in the China Town markets, irony is her great power.

By the way Ruth, my darling, tell me on your news when the DLC's are coming out, if you have any inside information. Night City is more dead than Johnny Sylverhand. CDPR communication with its players about the improvements and dlc's is null since December 10, 2020. They asked for forgiveness and since then we have not heard from them.

I'd like to hear you as I go through the armory in my apartment, but for the TV to work I have to have my ass on the couch and the ass recognition device to activate.

I loved hearing this girl on TV in the China Town markets, irony is her great power.

By the way Ruth, my darling, tell me on your news when the DLC's are coming out, if you have any inside information. Night City is more dead than Johnny Sylverhand. CDPR communication with its players about the improvements and dlc's is null since December 10, 2020. They asked for forgiveness and since then we have not heard from them.

I'd like to hear you as I go through the armory in my apartment, but for the TV to work I have to have my ass on the couch and the ass recognition device to activate.

Forbes listed all of the DLC names and its pretty open what we're getting next. Its not official-official but when actual journalist sites list them, I take it as pretty true.

The streaming developer also said we're getting the first DLC next month.

Her state of the union is the best crash course about US situation in Cyberpunk world,with maybe some pun intended to modern day education system.
"Majority means more than haif"
"We are fucked America and i don't know how are we gonna fix it".

Is it weird I want some way to actually watch the TV shows and news in-game that I can actually appreciate them?

Top Bottom